[USA] Marvin Garden's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin Garden

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 1, 2023
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Samdastea
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: Joined May 29th, 2023. Nearly 1,300 hours of in-game time on the server.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: PST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Site Advisor Marvin Garden
Chaos name (include your rank): CS “Monopoly”
Civilian name: St. Charles Baltic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:95461162
Discord ID (name#0000): breadicism
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP USA
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: Yes
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One warning for FailRP(A) on June 12th, 2023, due to a server rule misunderstanding regarding SCP-939. Nothing since.
-
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
I do not.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Only the last eleven months on this server. CG SCP-RP was my first ever Gmod RP server, but I think I have learned much in that time.
-
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
Most days, at least 2-3 hours.
-
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I’d like to have the opportunity to create more in depth RP on the server, and develop my storytelling skills. There is nothing quite like a well crafted story, and I would like to give to others what good stories from previous GM’s have given to me; A sense of magic, emotion, and wonder. And ultimately, being a Gamemaster seems fun, to be able to foster better RP and to create scenarios that would not have appeared otherwise.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I bring to the server my own creativity and story ideas, and my ability to adapt quite easily to changes in RP. I also bring my own character playing skills, which are rarely showcased due to the similarities between my foundation character and my IRL self. I also bring my detail oriented personality, and passion for being a creator.
I am also set apart from other applicants by my current Departmental Leadership experience, as well as RP guiding experience due to my position as a Site Advisor and previous work as Director of Medicine. This position also gives me connections to RP leads (being one myself), to allow for easier coordination of events. I would also be able to create more influential spontaneous RP due to my current position and connections to those in similar positions.

As a bonus, I am also proficient with the usage of Pac3, although mostly related to model positioning, basic animating, and uploading (effects are still a bit above my level).

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
  1. The Curator (A Marvin Original): An art exhibit materializes in Pinewood, seemingly out of nowhere. The exhibit follows usual museum style, with art pieces and sculpture placed in sequential order, with name plates and explanations beside them. As visitors go down the line of pieces, they get more and more odd and grotesque. Some of the art pieces are normal. Others are anomalous in nature, including organic living flesh pieces, while others are made of stone, but somehow alive. Players would be given time to interact with the various pieces, and learn about their varied effects. Eventually the last piece materializes, simply called “The Gateway” with no other information. When players interact with the artifact it will transport them to a subspace, known as The Gallery. There they will meet a man who goes by the name “The Curator.” He explains that he is a museum curator for art of various shapes and forms, and is seeking new additions to his gallery. Should the players interact in a friendly manner with the curator, he will be exceptionally accommodating, even gifting them with souvenirs from his “Exemplary Gift Shop.” Should they threaten him, he may decide to loose one of his more dangerous ‘art pieces' on the surface or within the facility. Should the players attempt to gift the Curator with something for his collection, they will be rewarded with an art piece to keep in exchange.

2. SCP-5687: This event would involve a GoI known as The Wandsmen, which have always been a favorite of mine. For context, they are essentially multidimensional travelers who seek to explore and collect knowledge of the universe. In this endeavor, they also seek to spread knowledge and educate people about anything and everything. This puts them in an odd position in the context of the foundation, who seek to preserve the veil and protect from the anomalous. Anyway, on with the actual event.

SCP-5687 manifests in Site-65: At its initial manifestation, a researcher notices a strange symbol on the wall in LCZ outside of SCP-012’s containment chamber. Upon gathering personnel there, they realize that only they can see it. Attempting to investigate the symbol, they accidentally manifest a strange stone entrance. Upon entry, personnel find a strange bodega selling various food items and other apparel, with a large section dedicated to literature. Many of the books are in strange and unknown languages. At the center of the room is a sheet of paper, “The Wandsmen’s Gazette,” which details various articles surrounding multidimensional knowledge and current events. Personnel will also find a strange avian creature, who calls itself the Fourteenth Wandswoman of Tell. Interaction with this creature will expose personnel to various mutterings about random information, some confidential, some meaningless. But all of it is knowledge nonetheless. Should they appeal to the creature, they may find themselves granted with various information regarding the multiverse, enough to write an excellent report. Should they anger the creature, it will cause all personnel inside to vanish back to where they started, and the entrance to close. If someone chooses to come and speak with the creature, it will lead to the introduction of The Wandsmen to the foundation, the beginning of a hopefully long line of events surrounding interaction between them. Either way, after interacting for a while the shop will close, the mission of the Wandswoman successful in spreading and gathering information.
    I could also see this occurring on the surface, leading to a dispute with the GOC and Foundation regarding dissemination of anomalous information, and even the development of a sort of informational treaty with the GoI.

3. SCP-4000-Eshu:
    “In accordance with Order O5-4000-F26, at least one successful expedition into the strange and dangerous woodland area must be carried out per year to assess any deviations from baseline abnormality. Due to the high risk involved in entering the place where the nameless are found, personnel sent in to conduct research must be trained in Standard Exploration Protocol as detailed in 4000-SEP.”

Site-65 has been chosen to perform Procedure 4000-Halloway following an Eshu Class containment breach involving taskforce [EXPURGATED]. In order to prepare, an instructor has been sent to ensure a successful expedition. At 16:00 hours, The instructor for the named arrives at Site-65. They have come to prepare MTF E11 and any other entering personnel of protocol for entry into the anomalous location. Materials will have been sent ahead of time, specifically 4000-SEP-1 through 8. The guide for embarking will then hold an interactive lecture, telling personnel the do’s and don’ts of Eshu Class anomalies. After sufficient preparation, chosen personnel will perform Procedure 4000-Halloway and enter the dimension of trees. During the expedition they will encounter various nameless residents and must attempt to successfully navigate to the other side, returning to the place where they began at the opposite end. Hopefully there will be no casualties! And if there were, would you know?

Within the forest will be a few different creatures to interact with and block the path of entrants. Perhaps even SCP-5925 could appear in a later event, as it follows the same nomenclature protocols.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server):

I am absolutely obsessed with the idea of a Half Life type incursion event involving the Combine. So here is my proposal.

Part 1:
It started small. A distress signal is received from a helicopter of unknown origin, which crash lands in Pinewood. Released from the wreckage is a small, strange creature. A headcrab. It seems to have been injured in the crash. Among the wreckage of the crash is the following information:
  • The Black Box for the aircraft indicates a sudden unexpected drop in altitude, as well as sudden malfunction of the helicopter rotors. The cockpit voice recorder indicates a sudden loud noise, followed by shouting and gunfire.
  • Half burnt documents recovered detailing a research institute, however the name is burned away except for the name, Sector E Biodome Complex. The documents describe the creature, however much of the report is lost to fire, including what the creature does and where it came from. There was, however, a quantity for organisms in custody: Four.
  • A type of cage, made out of glass, rubber, and steel.
In the background of the crash, a strange suited man with a briefcase looks over the scene, before disappearing through a manifested doorway.
There will be three other creatures on the loose, one will make its way through the foundation vent system and end up in Delta Wing. One will dig under the wall of the G.O.C. base. One will burrow through the floor of the CI bunks space. Depending on what these factions do will reveal different information regarding these creatures, particularly the fact that they are of extradimensional origin.

Part 2:
Surface hume-readings experience a sudden drop, alerting Site-65’s external sensors. GOC’s satellite array of sensors also notifies their FOB of a decrease in external humes. The Chaos Insurgency intercepts a signal frequency from Site-65’s external sensors, alerting them of the hume changes.
It appears that a small section of alien fauna has materialized on the surface of the pinewood lake. It is unlike anything seen on Earth, almost of a separate evolutionary pathway. With this section of earth is some strange technology, including an individual wearing a suit with one of those strange creatures on its head! As it walks around, it may become a threat to the citizens. The suit contains encrypted data, and will require some kind of passkey in order to access it. It appears the escaped creatures from the previous crash notice the appearance of their habitat in pinewood, and resurface from underground to attempt to flee back home. They appear to have multiplied, and become a greater threat to safety.

Meanwhile…
…a man in a suit and briefcase approaches the higher echelons of Site-65 on recommendation from Marshall Carter & Dark to introduce a new type of crystal for use with the dimensional tech systems…
…The Pinewood FOB receives a transmission from Nexus Command that a Non-Autochthonic Lifeform has been obtained by a nearby PHYSIC squad, and will be transported to Pinewood for further observation…
…Delta Command receives a transmission from a strange group of individuals seeking cooperation in regards to the recent surface events. They call themselves the Combine Overwatch…

Part 3:
Through research department testing, Site-65 has engineered a prototype crystal casing in an attempt to open a dimensional portal as ordered. On the big test day, everything must go perfectly. The crystal is prepared to open the portal, and power systems are rerouted to supply the energy required. There is a lot of shaking and earthquakes, and in a bright flash of light a dimensional portal opens…

…Inside the portal is a strange landscape, similar to the fauna that appeared on the surface previously. This time however, entering MTF come across a temporary research lab. Upon cycling the airlock, they catch a researcher by surprise! Intro Dr. Elena Ramirez, head of a Survey Team from the Black Mesa Sector F: Lambda Complex, an experienced researcher and combative, trained to handle extreme environments such as the Xenian landscape. Depending on how personnel approach this situation will determine how it proceeds. Hostility will be met with hostility, and friendliness will be met in kind. Depending how the visit goes, they may guide her to Site-65 to visit. How this story continues will depend on this interaction. And it seems that The Foundation’s entrance into the Xenian homeworld has not gone unnoticed…

…A tear in space rips open on the surface of pinewood at the same moment the Site-65 portal opens. A small elite squad of Combine scouts exit the rift before it collapses, and attempt to rendezvous with the Chaos Insurgency in order to ascertain the location of the Xenian portal…

…A man with a suit and briefcase appears inside the Pinewood FOB of the Coalition. He seeks to advise them regarding their recent NACL capture and supply information regarding the recent power surge at Kewpie…

List an example mission for each of the following:
CI: The Chaos Insurgency pinewood cell receives a transmission from The Engine that a key member of the Ethics Committee staff has gone AWOL and is carrying an encrypted card containing private Ethics Committee information. They must capture and interrogate this person to determine what information they hold, and vulnerabilities that the Insurgency may exploit. However, the staff member has hidden among the pinewood townsfolk, and is waiting for pickup from the Serpent’s Hand . The information has an encryption key, which can only be unlocked using a passphrase the staff member and the Ethics Committee knows.
AND
O-1: An emergency distress call indicates that the Chaos Insurgency has captured a key staff member of the Ethics Committee who was on their way to Site-65 to deliver important information about the O5 Council. O-1 is deployed to retrieve the staff member, or if necessary, ensure the information does not fall into the hands of the Insurgency. To assist in this endeavor, they are given the current location of the staff member using a subdermal GPS tracker once every 1 minute. The distress call was unfortunately delayed due to a snowstorm, therefore the Insurgency will have a 5 minute head start. Will O-1 discover this staff member’s treachery before CI can gain the information?

A-1: The Foundation Intelligence Agency has reported that a member of the UIU is aiming to infiltrate Site-65 for reconnaissance purposes. Intelligence indicates that they are seeking information about contained anomalies, as well as the ongoing operations of the Council on this site, and have been recently hired to a low clearance position. They must determine who the imposter is, and stop them from finding classified information and reporting back to the UIU.

Nu-7: The Foundation has recently lost contact with nearby Site-177. As such, MTF Nu7 is deployed to secure the area and investigate the loss of contact. Last communications indicate total power failure, and failure in containment of SCP-407-2. Satellite observation indicates massive heat signatures, and some kind of dense gray fog. Biohazard gear is recommended, along with antifungal agents and XL18 propane flamethrowers.

E-11: On-site Kant sensors are tripped in the personnel wing of Site-65, Epsilon-11 is called to respond. They discover a dimensional anomaly has manifested, and an exploration team is organized. Upon entry, they discover that it is a unique entrance to a deep and sprawling mass of pipes and underground infrastructure. Using environmental clues, E-11 must discover how this opening appeared, and who or what has caused its appearance. However, they are not alone in this network of tunnels…

UNGOC: Nexus Command issues a warning to the Pinewood FOB that members of Copernicus have begun to concentrate in Pinewood, with an unknown goal in mind. Chatter on deep web forums regarding Copernicus indicate they may have found a surviving copy of a banned self help book? Either way, PHYSICS has been dispatched to investigate the town, and neutralize any potential Threat Entities, or capture members of Copernicus for questioning.

Foundation Staff: With the daily occurrences of breaches, riots, and the stress of work, the personnel of Site-65 are tired. Not to worry, a team of expert Spa Workers have set up a lovely makeshift Salon in the Lecture Hall. Come relax, and let your worries and body float away, with the AWCY? Spa Team! If you don’t feel cool yet, you certainly will soon!

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
+Support
We need a Marvin Family event!

Kufie

Donator
Feb 19, 2023
New york, USA
+ support
I remember Marvin originally talking abt it and I was tryna push him to do it, so glad to see you did it bud! Make GM proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.