[USA] Meow Pavlov's Director of Medicine Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmeow

Apr 5, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:81990998
Discord name: rick#8008
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 2 weeks 5 days in game, joined about three months ago.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: CST
Character name(s): Consultant Meow Pavlov
Civilian name: Meow Pavlov
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Ethics Committee Assistant (Current) Medical Consultant (Current)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Two expired warns from when I first joined the server.

Why are you applying for the Director of Medicine?
I believe that there is an opportunity for medical to become the department it deserves to be. While most of the departments on site focus on combat or support on one extreme, we have a chance to be the perfect example of both sides, albeit with a much larger focus on support than most. The latest updates to disease and infection have somewhat thrown our department into disarray, as while treatment used to be a simple game of fixing a fracture or getting EST, it requires a bit more nuance in diagnosis, being able to provide proper medicine to patients is sometimes a struggle. There’s been a big void left in the department’s procedures from the past two departures, so I’d like to assist in filling that void to the best of my ability by making some much needed changes and providing my assistance as a candidate for the new DOM spot.

What makes you suitable for Director of Medicine?:
I am most experienced in the medical department out of the roles I have served in. Within medical I generally focus on the training side of things, and I believe it’s a core part of the department that goes somewhat ignored. If our lower ranks have no idea what’s going on it reflects bad on all of us, and just handing out a quiz doesn’t really serve to get players interested in the department much at all. Proper training through lectures is a necessary endeavor, considering medical is a department that doesn’t really have a ‘set’ training procedure. It’s mostly understandable considering medical is almost meant to be a relatively easy department to get into, but I don’t think most trainees are getting the proper attention they need to fully succeed in the department without interesting lectures and events to partake in to keep them interested in the RP side of things.

As a Director of Medicine, I’d establish more regular training procedures, among making other general improvements to the department to boost activity through natural means, as opposed to mandating strict schedules or something of that nature. We’re a very hands-off department, so keeping things at the pace of our staff is the best path forward in my opinion. I obviously wouldn’t just show up and make sweeping changes without consulting with everyone first. One of the most valuable responsibilities of a department director is their ability to bring together different departments, so my generally positive interactions with most others on the server would serve to help build good relations between the departments. Medical sort of feels a little closed off in terms of relations at the moment, so building rapport with the others would be a massive asset to furthering the RP-focused nature of the department as a whole.

Overall, I think the ideas and leadership I’ll be able to bring to the table as a DOM would help boost the department in every regard, be that by enhancing RP through improved procedure or through developing cross-projects between different departments and groups. My propensity towards getting involved in RP-oriented scenarios would only assist in further medical leadership endeavors, as it’s a core tenet of the role. I would love the opportunity to take the collective experience I’ve amassed amidst my time on the server to help run the department.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Medicine in RP?:
The overarching responsibility is to ensure that the medical department is running smoothly without issues. In regard to obligations that will assist in this, a Director of Medicine should:
>Accept and implement ideas/plans suggested by consultants and other members of medical staff.
>Present Consultant applications to other Consultants for review, yet have the final say on acceptance or denial.
>Resolve external conflicts between departments and internal conflicts involving members of medical staff.
>Organize and facilitate cross training exercises between medical and other departments.
>Alter and update policies within medical to keep up with current misgivings and general events happening on site. (Updating leaked door codes, preventing trespassing within the medical wing, etc.)

Please give some lore about your Director of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in:
My Director of Medicine character is Meow Pavlov, also known as SCP-MEOW. (Link: A more in-depth character description.)(Previous ECA)

Pavlov leaned back into the office chair he was sitting in, a very interesting file finally placed into his hands. It was his own file of course, previously barred from viewing as his shaky memory of events regarding incident 33 was deemed a positive. He’d been relegated to doing his work within in the medical leadership office from now on, as the secondary consultation room had been refurbished during his momentary trip off site, his assistance required elsewhere. Two surprises in one day, rare for the department that usually saw its biggest changes in the shuffling of furniture. Flicking through the file, its contents had gone all but forgotten over time, the sparse leaflets within paling in comparison to the newer file created on him. It was a far more general personnel file regarding accomplishments and such that nobody really cared to check through beyond a cursory glance regarding the need of a psychiatrist on site, proof that he’d established himself by now as a valued member of the team, as opposed to the freakish experiment he looked the part of being.

He'd carved out a decent chunk of time under his belt within the foundation’s medical field, both in and out of the site he resided in. Flicking through the documents some more, the only truly lasting effect from the day was the chronic narcolepsy. We could cure cancer and blindness, yet whatever caused him to nod off at random was somehow resistant to any treatments he’d undergone. Snapping the file shut he’d finally shred it, the papers within it already marked for such anyways as he ended that chapter of his existence. It was irrelevant as of now, as Pavlov had become a staple of the department. His unnatural nature juxtaposed against the regularity of his appearances, so it wasn’t really out of the question for him to apply to such a position. For one reason or another nobody had been able to hold-down the deputy spot for long, be it from burnout or freak accidents they’d slowly disappeared one by one, moving up the ranks of any department but medical. Holding positions as an assistant or consultant was one thing, but even this had him a bit worried. His hands had scratched a groove into the seat he was digging himself into, though a job like this took resolve. Burying himself in his work, he’d spend the rest of the night writing preparing for the interview that’d come once he displayed his interest in applying for the spot, eventually passing-out and waking up again just to continue mulling over the pages-long document he’d scratched into being just out of a necessity to write something.

Reactions: Socky

Simply

Dec 19, 2022
Neutral
Just came off of loa, after a long break (I understand it was a planned loa but I still see it as a negative)

I have had great interactions with Pavlov and he has been quite active after coming of loa

great effort has gone into the application and I do see you putting in effort twords medical, but I have not seen you show as much passion twords medical as some of the other people applying for detector.

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+Support
Will do good in the role
Good interactions ingame

Went inactive for quite a long time, but came back

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4

To: Meow Pavlov

Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @drmeow . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be put on hold. Elaboration on your hold is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration.

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Meow Pavlov
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Dear @drmeow, thank you for applying for the position. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application. The Site Administration has thoroughly reviewed your application, and we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to move on to the next stage of the selection process. Please contact Site Director Havoc at your earliest convenience to discuss the next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.