[USA] O5-4 'The Curator'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:95461162
Discord name: Breadicism
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Joined May 29th, 2023. Countless hours since.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): Marvin Garden
Civilian name: Janus
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes I do.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Site Director (Holding)
Site Manager (Held)
Site Advisor (Held)
Director of Medicine (Held)
Consultant (Held)
E-11 PVT (Held)
SCP-096 (Holding)
SCP-22514 (Holding)

Gamemaster (Holding)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One expired warn for FailRP(A) when I first joined the server, and I have had none since.
-
What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
I am interested in the role of O5-4 under the moniker of ‘The Curator’.
Much like a museum curator, he collects and catalogues anomalies for research usage.
Having played a singular character for such a long time, I believe it is time for a change.

I believe that elevating to the level of Site Command would allow me the greatest degree of freedom to pursue projects and opportunities, as well as continue some ongoing storylines I have with certain personnel. One of my great role models in this community was the former Chief Overseer ‘The Accountant,’ and much of what I know about good character RP and my view of what a Council Member should be like stems from him and my interactions as his personal doctor. Now, I would like the opportunity to provide the same experience for others, and I feel ready to do so.

-
What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:
I am the best candidate because of my consistent and extensive experience in senior positions. From my time in the Medical Consulting I learned the inner workings of the CL4 level staff, and managing lower personnel. From my time as Medical Director I learned how to create and further RP between individuals, and assign tasks to give others responsibility, as well as establishing creative control over the department. As a Site Advisor I worked to create responsible oversight and dealt with complications that arose between departments, trying to establish my character development and relationships with other senior and lower staff. As Site Director I have expanded my influence throughout the Site, and learned proper delegation and direct control. Overall, my experience in these positions has provided me with important aspects of command, including patience, stress management, and leadership.

I am one of the longest tenured players currently on the server in terms of the amount of time I have been in an RP Lead position. I would like to think that my presence in that time has been effective and useful at creating RP scenarios and encouraging others to commit to a positive RP environment. That time gives trust, and an important part of Site Command is being trusted to not only use the position to benefit RP, but also keep lower personnel in line. I believe I have that trust.

Another area that I believe makes me the best candidate is knowledge of the SCP Universe. I do not claim to be the largest superfan of SCP, but I do believe I am somewhat knowledgeable about terminology, various SCPs, etc. And, I have the ability to use that knowledge for the benefit of others in RP.

There are areas of improvement for me as well that I am not afraid to address. I have felt for quite a while that I fall short when it comes to treating my character as a separate entity, and not as an extension of myself. As Site Director, I have been more comfortable with trying out more character flawed traits (Guardian can attest to that) as well as branching out more into creating and assigning more personally interesting tests to certain researchers. I believe that O5 would be the perfect opportunity to create a more complex and complete character in order to improve my RP beyond its current form.

-
What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:
The O5 Council is the primary entity responsible for determining what needs containment and research in the anomalous world. They are at the top of the hierarchy, and are necessary for the purpose of understanding what is possible with anomalies. Primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing high level decisions and information regarding containment, research, and strategy.
- Authorizing major Foundation and Site-wide changes such as warhead detonations, Code Blacks, mass terminations, and advanced armory.
- Collaboration, or perhaps intimidation, of lower ranking personnel to ensure the Foundation mission remains intact.
- Management of the research department, and approving high level testing.
- Creating immersive and site-wide scenarios that attempt to involve personnel at all levels, while balancing their authority with the constant watchful eye of the Committee.

-
What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Reviewing and voting on applications for certain positions, such as Site Director, Director of Research, and Overseer Assistants.
- Updating and maintaining the Code of Conduct to ensure appropriate guidelines are in place.
- Reviewing demotion appeals that may reach their level.
- Collaborating with Site Administration, Ethics, and Gamemasters to improve the overall experience on the server.
- Supporting or creating server-wide events and roleplay initiatives to ensure engaging, long-term content for the community to engage with.

-
Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

"Now then... let's see what I can find out here..."

██████████████████████████████████████████████
O5 COUNCIL DATABASE - SECURE TERMINAL [ACTIVE]

> ACCESS REQUEST: O5-4 "The Curator" DOSSIER
> CLEARANCE LEVEL: 5 [THAUMIEL]

> AUTHORIZATION: ████████████
> USER: [REDACTED]
> PASSWORD: •••••••••••••••••••••••

> ACCESS GRANTED...
> LOADING FILE...

> WARNING: THIS FILE IS RESTRICTED TO O5 ACCESS ONLY
> UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION

==== ERROR ====
SECURITY BREACH DETECTED: UNAUTHORIZED INTRUSION ATTEMPT

> TRACE INITIATED...
> LOCATION: UNKNOWN

OVERRIDE: INITIATED...
ENCRYPTION FIREWALL BYPASSED...

> ABORT TRACE...

/** WARNING **/
O5 DOSSIER ACCESS LEVEL: THAUMIEL-5
CONTINUING ACCESS WILL TRIGGER COUNTERMEASURES
/** CONTINUE? **/
> Y

> OVERRIDE ACCEPTED
> DECRYPTING DATA FILE...

**OPENING FILE: O5-4 "The Curator"**

/* Caution: Active security protocols may monitor further activity. */
> CONTINUE TO VIEW FULL DOSSIER...

O5 Council Dossier
Code Name: O5-4 "The Curator"
Classification Level: Thaumiel-5
Access Level: O5 Clearance Required

Full Name: [REDACTED]
Appearance: 70+ Years Old, No Visually Anomalous Traits
Origin: European Descent, American Origin.

Specialization: Dimensional Manipulation, Wormhole Theory, Quantum Mechanics, Teleportation Systems.

Known Information:
O5-4 is known to be one of the longest-standing members of the O5 Council, responsible for overseeing the Foundation's research into space-time anomalies, dimensional gateways, and wormhole technologies. He is believed to have played a crucial role in several high-priority projects involving trans-dimensional travel, including Project [REDACTED] which allowed for a stable Way into ███ ██████████ ███████.
Unlike other members of the O5 Council, O5-4 holds a particularly strong influence over Dimensional Research branches of multiple research sites across the world, mostly due to his long continued investment in their projects. His primary responsibility is the acquisition, cataloging, and storage of anomalous technologies that defy conventional physics, particularly those that relate to spacetime manipulation. Under his watchful eye, many troublesome anomalies that were difficult to contain due to their quantum nature have fallen into Foundation custody using specially designed containment protocols.

Despite his reclusive nature, O5-4 is known for having a meticulous attention to detail, maintaining strict control over the artifacts and technologies entrusted to him. His office is said to contain a vast personal collection of anomalous artifacts, each one tied to major breakthroughs in wormhole research and temporal anomalies. The rest of his research efforts are contained in a high-security vault within Site-██, where only a select few are granted access.

Psychological Profile:
- Highly Methodical. Demonstrates exceptional intellect, particularly in the fields of theoretical physics and quantum mechanics.
- Due to the unknown length of his tenure spent on dimensional research, he is overprotective of ongoing projects to a point of deep secrecy and control. This leads to reclusive behavior, being described as calculating and detatched.
- A pragmatic person leading to a cold appearance, but will spare no lengths to protect the Foundation mission.
- He is known to harbor a "collector's mentality," spending weeks meticulously cataloging and curating anomalous objects, information, and personnel under his jurisdiction. This obsession with order extends to his interactions with other O5 Council members, where he often takes on the role of an archivist in Council discussions, ensuring every footnote of conversation is written and catalogued.

Addendum: Project CASSANDRA
O5 COUNCIL DATABASE - SECURE TERMINAL [ACTIVE]

> OPEN FILE: PROJECT CASSANDRA

> ACCESS GRANTED...
> INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE FOR FULL UNREDACTION...

> LOADING DOCUMENT...

**PROJECT CASSANDRA**

FILE NO. ██████
CLEARANCE LEVEL: O5-LEVEL OR CASSANDRA-1 CLEARANCE HOLDERS ONLY

PROJECT STATUS: AWAITING O5-1 APPROVAL

OVERVIEW: A project being led by O5-4 focused on ████ ████████████ and ███████████ ██████████. If successful, this project would allow the Foundation to ██████████ ███ █████ █████ ████████ ███ █████ ██████ █████████ before they occur. The only possible danger would be total ████████ ████████████ and complete collapse of █████████ ██████████.

> LOCATION: IDENTIFIED
> TARGET LOCK: 34.41287976570827, -105.64647017500077
> USER: IDENTIFIED

> ALPHA-1 IS ENROUTE TO YOUR LOCATION
> ESCAPE IS FUTILE
> HOPEFULLY WHATEVER YOU FOUND HERE WAS WORTH IT.

> TOTAL SYSTEM SHUTDOWN INITIATED...

O5 COUNCIL DATABASE - SECURE TERMINAL [INACTIVE]

stephenpreisler

Jul 27, 2024
+ Major Support

It's Marvin. Everyone knows precisely why he's suitable for this position. Is there much to say here?

(SA will never be the same without you)

Status
Not open for further replies.