Discord name: Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson#7675
For how long have you played on CN SCP: 1.7 years
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central
Character name(s): Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson, Tomato
Civilian name: None
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:: Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Kicked from Executive Researcher once due to disrespect

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
Research is my home. I joined the server to do research and have done nothing but research in my time here. Other than the occasional time off (for which I have had very little of) my time has spent helping the research department grow and prosper. I have been either in the foreground testing or in the background grading for the past 1.7 years and have always strived to make the server a fun time for as many people as possible. I would like to be Deputy DOR to continue to improve the RP that research can have as well as make sure that anyone who joins the department, regardless of background or previous roles, has an equal and fair opportunity to pour their soul into what I can only describe as the best department on site.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I have been apart of research since I joined in July of 2022 and aside for a collective month of that time since I have been executive. Now I will admit, I am a legacy Executive at this moment, yet I continue to maintain myself as someone who the research department can trust and depend on. I still attend every meeting I can and still grade / review documents like a non-legacy would. What really makes me suitable for the deputy position is my passion for research. Like I have stated before, I do not play other jobs than Researcher. If I am going to be active on the server for a period of time, you can bet that I will be on Executive helping Research as much as I can. Furthermore, a Director of a branch is not suppose to be a faceless figure you barley see on site yet a face you can approach and ask questions to and have a conversation with and not be worried about getting shot by a guard should you say something wrong. I feel as though I have proven myself to be that person over the past year and have built a reputation as not only a hard worker but someone in the community you can speak to and trust.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The DOR is, first and foremost, responsible for the research department. Making sure tests go well and managing resources and researchers while also making sure everyone runs a tight ship and stays in line. The Director of Research is also responsible for communication with higher ups and admins about any issues within the research department and for dealing with researchers who cause issues. However, first and foremost should be the well being and happiness of the research department. I will also be enforcing the chain of command rulings and hopefully enforcing stricter test guidelines. Not to an extent that fun cannot be had but to an extent where testing has meaning and purpose. I will educate researchers on the ways of proper testing to weed out any low effort documents that are not worthy of being read in the first place. While every document has value, not every test has good intentions. Also, communication with The Ethics and site administration is a top priority. Should those areas falter it should be on me and the DOR to improve them. Finally, choosing and examining executive researchers will be another priority.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what story lines they would be involved in:
The character of Robert 'Tomato' Peterson is known for his unusual yet always charming testing. SCP-682 and Tomato have grown to respect each others work over the time they have tested together and despite their differences (Tomato being a human and SCP-682 being an evil lizard) they have yet to come to any real blows in the foundation. This, coupled with Tomato's unusual style of testing that asks "what gets results", has resulted in many strange and wacky tests. Tomato is also active online, hosting the Site-65 Podcast each week and forming relationships with each member of the podcast that hosts. After 1.7 years on site, Tomato would like the opportunity to prove himself and his love of Research more by stepping up to the Deputy DOR position and assisting Ivy in all she can do.

Thank you for your consideration!
-Robert "Tomato" Petersonpodcastlogo.jpg

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support

I think with your vast time in the role I do believe that you would bring some really good RP ideas to the department. It's too early for me to give a final verdict on who should get DoR but I will give my honest opinions to the O5 whenever considerations are made. Good luck!

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
+Support
Bro got 049 to slash the throat of a Class-D and NOT try to cure him.

Very cool.

Brewer 2.0 / Celtic

Blacklisted Player
Dec 18, 2023
Not seen you about enough to judge you on your character and RP.

However, judging by the length of your application and lore. You seem to lack effort in creative writing.

Also, although you seem to understand the basic roles of a Dep. Director of Research. You state that you should become one because of the length of time you have been in the department, doing what the minimal work for an Executive Researcher. I personally, am yet to see any creative ideas and unique projects - other than a podcast?

You seem professional, your length of time in the Department would show that your experienced. But, your current activity and your own contributions to the Research Department state otherwise.

+/- Neutral

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
A message from the office of: O5-1 "████████"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o5-council.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, Robert.

unfortunately after review we have deemed you unfit for the position of Director of Research and have came to a decision to deny this application.

You may reapply in 2 weeks

Please contact O5-1 at his email address for your any questions you may have. (thorn#6299)

Good Day.​

Status
Not open for further replies.