[USA] Robert 'Tomato' Peterson's Deputy DOR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert "Tomato" Peterson

Jul 28, 2022
For complete transparency, I was retired up until a week ago when the legacy system was removed and I decided to come back full time.
Anyways, on with the application.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26407310
Discord name: Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson#7675
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 1.8 years
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central
Character name(s): Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson, Tomato
Civilian name: Tomato
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Kicked from Executive Researcher once due to disrespect

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

Research is my home. I main Research, only playing other classes when absolutely no research can be done. I pour as much as I can into documents (currently at 70 pages on one) and have shown my love of writing excellent documents (17 out of 17 so far). I love this department and all who play on it and I want to help Research grow. In a server that has a heavy emphasis on Combat, I want to help research be a shining light to those who actually want to role play. Too much of the server is strictly shooting and killing class D. If you want to shoot class D (or for that matter, other players) there are a million different servers to join. If you want to RP, you join Research on CN SCP-RP.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I have been on the server for almost 2 years, and for a good quantity of that I was executive (roughly 18/20 months) . My document history shows nothing but excellent works (as I have said before, 17 out of 17) so I understand fully the document side of Research. As for the other side, interaction with fellow research and SCP's and guards, I show the upmost respect to those higher up than me and show guidance and care to those newer on the server. I also know when it is acceptable to bend the rules and have fun, but also know when to be firm and not back down. I am a RP focused individual, but I understand we are here to have a good time. I want to give everyone the fun I have playing as a Researcher. That being said I understand that Research as a whole exists to be a safe area for role play and being deputy I would foster and grow that safe space for others to join and laugh and be apart of something greater than just shooting others with a gun. Research should be a place for expressive thought and creative writing and having fun (within rules).

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The DOR is, first and foremost, responsible for the research department. Making sure tests go well and managing resources and researchers while also making sure everyone runs a tight ship and stays in line. The Director of Research is also responsible for communication with higher ups and admins about any issues within the research department and for dealing with researchers who cause issues. However, first and foremost should be the well being and happiness of the research department. I will also be enforcing the chain of command rulings and hopefully enforcing stricter test guidelines. Not to an extent that fun cannot be had but to an extent where testing has meaning and purpose. I will educate researchers on the ways of proper testing to weed out any low effort documents that are not worthy of being read in the first place. While every document has value, not every test has good intentions. Also, communication with The Ethics and site administration is a top priority. Should those areas falter it should be on me and the DOR to improve them. The DOR's job should

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what story lines they would be involved in:
The character of Robert 'Tomato' Peterson is known for his unusual yet always charming testing. SCP-682 and Tomato have grown to respect each others work over the time they have tested together and despite their differences (Tomato being a human and SCP-682 being an evil lizard) they have yet to come to any real blows in the foundation. This, coupled with Tomato's unusual style of testing that asks "what gets results", has resulted in many strange and wacky tests. In addition to work I have already done on site, I will be focusing my efforts on SCP-682 and its termination. I have already devoted a large chunk of my time on the server as the official researcher on SCP-682, and being DOR I will assign others to assist in my efforts to study the monster. Recently, I have attempted termination using the demon core (nuclear radiation) with limited success. I also have attempted various other forms of termination through means including slicing, dicing, chemical reactions and brute force. My goal is the ultimate destruction of the lizard. In addition to this work, I will also be continuing the Site-65 Podcast (a podcast hosted from our very own Site-65).

Thank you for your consideration!
-Robert "Tomato" Peterson

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Massive Support

I think now is the time to let Tomato work his magic on the Department of Research. he has been on the server for just as long as I have and is the eldest executive researcher currently on the team. I have seen many S tier tests from him and some of them require GM assistance because they are that good. He also has shown dedication in his documents as shown in the thousands of pages he has already made. At this time in my opinion he's the best pick for the position and I have full faith he will do well in it.

Good Luck Executive,
Chairman Dalton Bruno

Marvin Garden

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 1, 2023
Massive +Support
Man does god's work with research RP
Is not afraid to test even the wildest ideas
Time to let him cook, see what he will do

Playdoughzombie

Nov 17, 2022
Arizona
gayballs.gov
+Massive Support
This guy has been in research for as long as I can remember, he's active, he's a great roleplayer, he makes great documents, and he's arguably the best fit person for the job out of all the other execs available. I'm just surprised that he was denied so many times for the position as he is arguably the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.