[USA] Slipstream SCP-RP Moderator Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2022
Site-65
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): sparkquick

How many hours of playtime do you have?: 16.5 days. (1,429,100 seconds)

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone: PST

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): "Slippy" E11 SGT

Chaos name (include your rank): Dunhill (No Rank)

Civilian name: Zyn

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:83648292

Discord ID (name#0000): dara_ashrafi

Do you have a mic?: Yes

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: No https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-usa-staff-application-zyn.23129/ & https://civilnetworks.net/community/threads/slipstream-application.23531/ & https://civilnetworks.net/community/threads/usa-slipstream-scp-rp-application.24488/

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Just warnings, I've taken time to reflect on my actions and my mistakes. I will make efforts to not make these same mistakes, and perform my duties both as a player and potential staff member with diligence and merit.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?: I have real life experience. I work as a camp staff member during the summer. However, I have no experience as a staff member within the GMOD community.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?: Yes, I have extensive experience with serious roleplay. Given I have been a member of this community since 2022.

How many hours can you be on everyday?: 2-6 hours per day depending on real life duties. Mostly at night on weekdays.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server? What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?

My desire to become a moderator for the server stems from my experiences. I genuinely want to make the server a better experience for all players. I've seen many instances of rules being broken both minor and major in order to sway the flow of RP into the person's (rule breakers) favor. Sometimes to the expense of another person's experience on the server. I would like to help prevent this.

For example, if CI is raiding and an MTF member is KIA in a CC that is being hacked, and then proceeds to run back to where they died, this is NLR. Or for instance, a chef is chilling in d block kitchen grinding out their cooking skill and a d-class asks for a gun, the chef says no, and then another foundation member runs in and drops a gun in the food sliding door / kills the chef, that is failrp & potentially metagaming given if the d class and the foundation member are friends in a call. In both cases, not only is RP broken, but the experience for the player following the rules is ruined.

Now, I take great consideration into being unbiased. I've seen rule breaking come from all corners of the server. I want to facilitate the flow of RP and not let another player who is intentionally rule breaking to disrupt or ruin other's experience. Furthermore, I've dedicated time to speaking with current staff members to broaden my understanding of what it takes to be a staff member. At the end of the day, I just want to contribute to the server and make it a better place for all players.

Given my experience on the server, I feel that I am an excellent candidate to become a staff member. I have a deep understanding of the rules, and how they work for the Foundation, the Chaos Insurgency, the Global Occult Coalition, and the Civilians. From taking time to shadow & learn from current staff members, to actively calling sits when I see clear breaking of server rules.

I enjoy playing on the USA server very much and respect everyone who has been a part of it so far. It's been a humbling experience going from nothing to knowing most people on the server and being a part of E11. I've learned so much about unspoken rules among the players and also how important it is to uphold the roleplaying aspect to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time on the server. It's opened my eyes to the different facets of the server and how every regiment & job works and how they interact with each other. To be able to facilitate this, along with being a part of such an amazing staff team would be an honor.

I Thank you for your time, and for your consideration.

Last edited:

Loviatar

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 7, 2023
Application Denied

Hey, @slipstream
Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, having reviewed your submission, we have decided to deny your application because of your recent/active warn. We debated about this warn, but after speaking to the staff member who warned you to get the full context we have decided to deny you for this.

Should you wish to try again, please feel free to reapply in 4 Weeks. In that time I highly suggest to do your best to not get another warning.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.