[USA] Stee Ven's Executive Application 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:159217625
Discord name: harold,#5927
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I think I have around 600 hours (I was wrong on my other applications sorry.) Since August 2022, with a December-March break
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): E-11 CPL Stee Ven, CI-A Stee 'ronald' Ven Sr
Civilian name: Gerald White
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
In the past I held:
Site Advisor
Exec. Researcher
CI-G
E-11 Corporal
Right now, I hold
E-11 Corporal
CI-A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Fear RP/FailRP, LTARP, both Sep 5

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
As of the past 2 months, I have been enjoying research greatly. I have been doing (hopefully) unique tests. I feel the next step in the right direction is Executive. As all the people I had major issues with have since departed, I can return and hopefully pick up where I left off. I also want to help the department improve, and guide lower-ranking researchers, and help approve tests where I can. Lastly, I've noticed a lack of long-term storyline RP around the site, such as no long term research projects and one of my main goals as an executive is to help inspire this, as it would help motivate people to RP if they have a clear goal to work towards.
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I already have lots of research experience, executive research experience, and site administration experience, so I believe this alone proves that I am capable of being an executive, as i have caught up on research policies. Second, I have some ideas to improve research RP, like encouraging more research projects to create more coherent, long-term roleplay while creating tests for D-Class, Security, and SCP. I have created many creative tests in the past that even site command has congratulated me on. I'm committed to the research department as I was in the past, being the assigned Site Advisor for ScD up until my (involuntary) departure. I have been creating research projects with the GMs of the server to create roleplay for as many groups as I can. I've written many excellent docs in my times and know how to identify one, and how to grade a document properly.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I don't know because you can't check how many docs you have submitted, but 15+. An excellent document needs to have a clean and organized structure, a detailed but brief and efficient explanation of each section of the doc, such as a clear aim for the test, efficient & safe methods, and a well-written conclusion to make a document excellent. Furthermore, it should have flawless spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as making the document look realistic to something you would find in the actual SCP Foundation, such as a clinical tone, redacting dates & identities, and omitting unnecessary information out of the document.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
As the most senior and skilled members of the Research department, Executives and their behavior reflects on the entire department. As such, executives should be acting professional and approachable. Additionally, Executive researchers need to work with IA and other departments to ensure researchers who cause big issues on the site are temporarily removed from the department, depending on the severity. However, executives do not only punish- they need to teach as well. Executive researchers should be assisting lower ranks with creating documents, running experiments properly, following rules, teaching rules when they're broken, etc. and being general RP role models. Since they need to be RP role models, they should also be showing examples of good RP, such as remaining IC, following server rules, working with server game masters to create unique RP experiences, etc. and assist researchers with creating RP of their own. Lastly, executive researchers should be the first ones to lead research on unidentified/event anomalies that show up and work with MTF E-11 to establish containment and understand an object's limits and capabilities for the safety of the site.
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
The full version is not done and is way too long so I will shorten it here:

Stee Ven, formerly Steven Bumaro, is a ~28 year old present Sr. Researcher at Site-65. Stee Ven, however, began work eight years ago as a Junior Weapons Designer for the Pentagon's PENTAGRAM program, the occult branch for the Pentagon, tasked with using anomalies to the U.S. benefit. After the FBI UIU & GOC raided Stee Ven's former home, due to it being a large Church of Maxwellism communal home, he fled to find a new home & life. Hungry, he remembered his skill in designing paraweapons as he was taught in his home by the gunsmiths and engineers of Maxwellism, he chose to build a career off of this. Specializing in selling paranormal weapons in Virginia, eventually the United States Government picked up on this and viewed Stee Ven as an asset. He was offered a job offer that would pay nicely, and allow for him to be safe from the UIU as long as he was with them. Stee Ven eagerly took the job.

However, as he worked longer and longer in the Pentagon, he discovered more and more disturbing things about the organization. They used Sarkic, manmade, living, dead, animate and inanimate anomalies with no concern for morals. Not only that, but the use of Sarkic anomalies went against his core ideals as a member of the Broken Church. At first, he dismissed this, convincing himself he was only doing this job for the money. As time went on, he created more & more weapons that no government should have alongside the other engineers. One day, the Pentagram used a highly-dangerous Sarkic ritual that they used to create commandable, giant masses of flesh. Finally having enough, Stee Ven racked up all the money and supplies he could carry in a duffle bag, and left. The UIU searched & searched for him, and their encounters usually ended violently, with agents dead and Stee Ven continuing on the run.

Eventually, he reached Canada, after getting a plane to North California, and taking a train up through Washington, into the city of Saskatoon. He continued his para-weapons dealing business, selling to all kinds of shady figures doing who knows what with the weapons. Once again, a shady group comes and gives him and offer, this time being the Foundation. The Intelligence Department picked up on the activity and again, viewed him as an asset. He was hesitant at first, fearful it would end like with the Pentagon, but chose to take the job offer, believing his anomalous augmentations he received from his Maxwellist parents and extensive para technology knowledge would lead to him being able to be safe from the American grasp, as well as the GOC. He started work on Site-65, working up the ranks of researcher like anyone else. Eventually reaching Sr. Researcher, he gained the ability to make projects. He started making projects about weapons, using his past expertise to create weapons that might be of great use to the Foundation. After lots of time doing these projects, as a Sr. then executive, then back to Sr., he wishes to return to his position so he can catch up on some of the older projects he had been working on.

Jvne

May 29, 2023
+Support

Very active as researcher, Almost always had good interactions with researcher. As well application is very well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.