[USA] Stee Ven's New Site Advisor application

Status
Not open for further replies.

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:159217625
Discord name: harold,#5927
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since August 2022 - stopped playing from mid-dec to late April.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): CI-A Stee Ven Sr Foundation Stee Ven
Civilian name: gerald
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher (Held)
Site Advisor (Held)
CI-G (Held)
MTF E-11 CPL (Holding)
CI-A (Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Yes, I have 1 LTARP ban because it's very often i will have to suddenly get off the server so this can happen, I always try to alert of this on discord
Why are you applying for Site Advisor?
In September, I was first greeted into the executive researcher position. Being in a role-model, leader position where I could help other researchers be the best as possible, help improve the department, and be trusted with more special RP abilities I could use to create great RP experiences for everyone around me. I felt that, in general, I would be better off in a more administrative position like Site Administration as opposed to research, even though it was lots of fun. And so, in November, I became a site advisor. I was happy to help the departments I was assigned and I believe in my short month of work I had made an OK amount of improvement towards the department, especially since I was still learning how to take on a more management focused role. I also had lots of great RP with the GOC and other groups as I did more speaking and diplomacy based RP whenever I was not managing the site. Because of some internal issues eventually I was discharged from site admin in December and left CN for a few months, but after the reality bending and Site-9 announcement, I felt the same motivation as I was before to come back and work my way back to where I was and pick up those same stories that got cut short so soon.
What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:
When I was an Executive, I learned how to lead. I began feeling more drawn towards the RP aspect of the server than the combat and learned how to solve problems, lead, teach, and communicate and work with others. I understand and know about the policies on the site, server rules, my duties & how I am supposed to operate, how to make good documents, and take proper criticisms. I also already have decent experience in how to be a Site Advisor, and everything that entails with it. I have a decent reputation too, since I've long left behind my trolling days. On top of this, i was well respected among foundation staff and still am. I do understand my activity dropped a bit since my last application and ive been playing unusual hours but time has opened up for me an I will be more active now.
What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:
The duties of site administration are to

1. Lead

Site Administration needs to show lower ranking personnel top notch professionalism, skill, that can be approached on site for any questions and assistance needed and investigate feedback about departments they are assigned to. This is also including helping newer players and being viewed as a positive, helpful and respectable figure around the site anyone can ask for assistance.

2. Departmental Management

Site Advisors are responsible for advising 2 departments. They should be always looking for ways to help the leaders of this department be the absolute best they can be. Site Advisors should be reviewing departments and speaking with personnel in each department for said reviews. Site Advisors also need to take complaints into consideration and let the appropriate personnel know.

3. Application decisions

Site Advisor's opinions on CL4 applications have lots more weight with their + and - supports, especially on SA applications, so site admin should be staying on top of this making sure when asked they review and give opinions on applications.

4. Managing GOI affairs (limited)

Site Advisors are the main ones who will allow the GOC to get samples, test, or allow MC&D permits, and also serve as diplomats to an extent.

5. Advanced Armory

SA+ can authorize AA and need to make sure they stay up to date on events during breaches.

6. Research
Site Admin can authorize cross-tests and tests with certain SCPs and as such, in their free time should be assisting any seniors that need authorization.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Stee Ven, formerly Steven Bumaro, is a ~28 year old present Sr. Researcher at Site-65. Stee Ven, however, began work eight years ago as a Junior Weapons Designer for the Pentagon's PENTAGRAM program, the occult branch for the Pentagon, tasked with using anomalies to the U.S. benefit. After the FBI UIU & GOC raided Stee Ven's former home, due to it being a large Church of Maxwellism communal home, he fled to find a new home & life. Hungry, he remembered his skill in designing paraweapons as he was taught in his home by the gunsmiths and engineers of Maxwellism, he chose to build a career off of this. Specializing in selling paranormal weapons in Virginia, eventually the United States Government picked up on this and viewed Stee Ven as an asset. He was offered a job offer that would pay nicely, and allow for him to be safe from the UIU as long as he was with them. Stee Ven eagerly took the job.

However, as he worked longer and longer in the Pentagon, he discovered more and more disturbing things about the organization. They used Sarkic, manmade, living, dead, animate and inanimate anomalies with no concern for morals. Not only that, but the use of Sarkic anomalies went against his core ideals as a member of the Broken Church. At first, he dismissed this, convincing himself he was only doing this job for the money. As time went on, he created more & more weapons that no government should have alongside the other engineers. One day, the Pentagram used a highly-dangerous Sarkic ritual that they used to create commandable, giant masses of flesh. Finally having enough, Stee Ven racked up all the money and supplies he could carry in a duffle bag, and left. The UIU searched & searched for him, and their encounters usually ended violently, with agents dead and Stee Ven continuing on the run.

Eventually, he reached Canada, after getting a plane to North California, and taking a train up through Washington, into the city of Saskatoon. He continued his para-weapons dealing business, selling to all kinds of shady figures doing who knows what with the weapons. Once again, a shady group comes and gives him and offer, this time being the Foundation. The Intelligence Department picked up on the activity and again, viewed him as an asset. He was hesitant at first, fearful it would end like with the Pentagon, but chose to take the job offer, believing his anomalous augmentations he received from his Maxwellist parents and extensive para technology knowledge would lead to him being able to be safe from the American grasp, as well as the GOC. He started work on Site-65, working up the ranks of researcher like anyone else. Eventually reaching Sr. Researcher, he gained the ability to make projects. He started making projects about weapons, using his past expertise to create weapons that might be of great use to the Foundation. After lots of time doing these projects, as a Sr. then executive, then back to Sr., he wishes to return to his position to Site Administration to further help the site in any way possible.

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Stee Ven
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment
Hello, @stee ven . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be put on hold for two weeks. There are currently no available positions for the role in which you applied for. If a position opens within the two weeks, your application will be taken off hold, if not, your application will be denied.

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Stee Ven
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment
Hello, @stee ven . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.