Dec 25, 2020
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Discord name: Valk#9419
For how long have you played on MRP: Since the official launch
In what country are you located?: UK in God's own garden Lancashire <3
Time zone: BST
NATO name (regiment and rank): PVT Valkyrie [MSM] [SEFO]
USSR name (regiment and rank): AG SLT Valkyrie
Civilian name: Confused Old Man (For GM events)
Do you have a mic?: I do
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:

It's the first UHC application I've made, I've been NHC before but there wasn't a forum-application at that time.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

Few warns for RDM/meta gaming a while ago, one ban for the !sslay * incident and one MRDM ban, and a handful of kicks for AFKing.
-
Do you have any experience as a high rank on MilitaryRP?:

I've been in a number of high ranking roles on MRP, the highest being LTGEN on NATO where I was Crossen's second in command, I've also been ISAF COL, I was one of the first ISAF COL's and I was fundamental in transforming the regiment into a powerhouse, which still seems to be ongoing to this day. I've also served as the CO for AG (I was only LTCOL at the time), where my reforms led to an explosion in AG activity and performance.

What makes you the best candidate for High Command?:

I'm a long-term player of the server, as such I know how wars work, how the opposite team thinks, and how to properly strategize, prepare and execute war plans. I am pro-active in maintaining performance across whichever team I am in, which is something I can bring to the USSR as a whole.

I often play later in the day, when USSR typically struggles to maintain a command structure, which means I would be able to access UHC resources and prevent NATO from steamrolling the map later in the evening.

I like to think I'm approachable and patient, meaning I can listen to regiment's concerns and offer as much help as I can to get them back into shape. This was showcased in my time as an NHC where I would often go out of my way to help regiments that weren't under my jurisdiction, such as JAF when they used to struggle.

I also like to think I have good RP ability, I like to make things fun for people, and as a UHC I can bring more activity and enjoyment to peacetime where numbers typically plateau with the lack of things to do.

-
List your in-game ranks on MRP:

Not sure if this means former or current but I'll post both:

Former: ISAF COL, NHC LTGEN, AG LTCOL

Current: AG SLT

Staff ranks: Former senior GM and current GM.
-
List your strengths and weaknesses:

My strengths would be my planning and strategic capabilities. I am proficient in bringing out the best in people, playing them to their strengths and mitigating their weaknesses. This is the key skill I can bring to UHC.

I'm flexible in my approach to war plans, I won't be setting a set plan each war, I'll be pro-active in listening to CO's recommendations, as well as updating war plans during wars to keep momentum going. I'm also confident enough in my own decision making to overrule recommendations and orders I think won't contribute to the war effort.

Another strength is what I mentioned before: simply making things more fun for the USSR. It's not fun normally being the losing side, so bringing a positive attitude to the table will boost morale and keep things fun for people, whether we're winning or losing.

A final strength would be my reputation within the community, I'm an older player who is respected by the USSR playerbase, that means they're more likely to listen to my orders and appreciate any war plans I come forward with.

As for my weaknesses, I'd say my main weakness is combat-related, I'm quite a cautious PvPer, opting to hold points rather than fight for kills, this is mainly down to my system not being great for combat.

Another weakness is something I've spent a long time working on, and that's attitude, since January I've spent a LOT of time looking inward and building on my patience and building on how I react to certain things. I can't guarantee sometimes I won't be annoyed at stuff, but it won't escalate into the level of /ooc toxicity it used to.

Footnote:

I'd love to be UHC, it's a challenge I've not yet faced on MRP, it'll breathe fresh air into it for myself and in turn, the USSR in general as I can bring that fresh perspective to UHC.

I understand the recommendation to apply is CPT+, but I believe I have the experience, know-how and strategy to really make a difference.

Pasi Huovila

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Apr 27, 2021
Finland
Im going to go with neutral for now. I know you’re an experienced player, but I just haven’t seen you lead any wars or show leadership around base.

Im going to keep an eye on you for the next couple of days and look at everything you do around the base. What I want to see is you making people do stuff, even just telling them to build FOBs is fine.

Good luck

ps. If you want to show your war leadership, just ask me and I’ll let you lead.

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
+support
+mature
+good past experience
+Active IG/TS

Good luck Valk (y)

17thAR LTCOL Michiel
MRP GAMEMASTER

Fortze

CG Super VIP
Dec 25, 2020
+support
Active ingame/TS3
Good leadership during wars and peacetime within AG (bit unfair to say he hasn't lead any wars for USSR recently as there are always higher-ups)
Good previous experience
Fellow heli hater :salute:

Noah Kraus

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Jan 4, 2021
-Neutral
-Never seen lead a war
-Never seen leading around base
-Not really many interactions

For now I will be going with this verdict but is subject to change in the week

harvey

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 3, 2021
Neutral

-Never seen lead a war
+Active IG and TS
-Not really many interactions
+Mature

Best of luck Valk!

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the verdicts so far, I understand a lot of people are concerned that I've not led any wars, which is understandable, if possible, I'll try to run one sometime this week to give you an idea of my leadership style etc. As a SLT I can only really lead AG via trainings and small teams during wars, but I tend to lead in those situations effectively.

I'll speak to UHC soon about having a war to run!

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Alright ran a war earlier today, came out with a major victory and took a good amount of NATO territory

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+support
+mature
+good past experience
+Active IG/TS

Good luck Valk

Status
Not open for further replies.