In what country are you located?: Norway
Time zone: CET
NATO name (regiment and rank): NHC BGEN Welding Olsen
NWO name (regiment and rank): PVT Nikolay Svarka
Civilian name: Jan Teigen
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:244227488
Do you have a mic?: Yes
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is my first ever gamemaster application.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have only received 1 warning, which was for breaking FearRP when I was very new to the server.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
No. I have experience with being staff in numerous communities, however I have not been a gamemaster before.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
No, MRP is the first ever semi-serious roleplay server I have played on and actively been a part of.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
A couple hours every other day is the usual goal I go for, but I have a flexible schedule and I can hop on for a couple hours everyday if I wanted to (I just do not want to get burnt out).

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I would like to host events / help host events that contribute to the roleplaying experience on the server. I also want to see how it is like hosting events from a gamemaster's perspective.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I would consider myself a hard worker and very organized. I am not afraid to put in effort into anything. My creativity is not the best, in fact it took me quite a while to think of the event ideas I will be listing below, but I am certain I can help out in many different ways.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

NATO War Council Visit:
Boys, the War Council is coming for a visit, everyone be on your best behaviour! Jim, get off Kim, Kim, stop trying to break Jim's leg, Tim, get the fuck off the roof!

Members of the NATO War Council are doing a surprise visit to the 2nd SBCT, 13th Infantry Division. Everyone must be on their best behaviour! The War Council will be reviewing everything happening in the NATO base and will be meeting with the NATO High Command members in charge of the division.

Kidnapped General:
The general has been kidnapped by some fucking foreign terrorists! The sick fucks are livestreaming it and everything. We need to find the general's location as soon as possible and get him back home safe!

The GEN / SGEN has been kidnapped and placed in an unidentifiable room somewhere on the map. This entire thing is being livestreamed in the Discord Global VC and everyone can see the GEN / SGEN and hear what the GEN / SGEN is saying. Could maybe manage to add some video / audio filters to mimic a camera? The GEN / SGEN can react on what they are hearing near them, however there will be terrorists surrounding them, so they must speak in codes in order for the terrorist not to realize they are trying to ask for help. The side must find the location of the GEN / SGEN, defeat the terrorists and bring them safely back to the base.

Illegal Boxing Matches:
Sometimes it gets a bit rowdy around the base. Eventually, someone realized “Hey, we can earn some cash here!” And that’s how the underground boxing matches started. Even law enforcement is bidding!

There will be arranged boxing matches that others can bid on, with a maximum bid of 5k (this could be changed but there should definitely be a low limit so that nobody can just double their money one day). At the end a winner will be declared.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

One of our spies working undercover within the NATO War Council has abruptly ceased all communication with us. The spy had recently stolen highly classified documents and was fleeing through the contested zone in northern France. Something must have come up as the last message we received from the spy suggested he was preparing to stash the documents in a secret spot for retrieval by NWO operatives. Someone in NATO must have found out that he was a rat for us and dealt with him accordingly. He has not given us the exact coordinates for the stash, so it will be our job to find them before anyone else does. NATO will certainly be sending their best forces to try and retrieve the documents as well, so we should expect an ambush any time now. Our objections are to retrieve the hidden documents and find the spy, preferably alive...

Any questions?

NATO will invade a NWO-controlled area (unsure what map we would go to, but NWO would control all the territories and it would preferably be in France since the War Council is located in the UK)

First peacetime mission:
During peacetime, each side must spread around the map and look for clues to where the documents are hidden and the code to access said documents. The side that cracks the code and finds the documents first will be the winning side for the peacetime mission.

War:
A war breaks out between NWO and NATO, where NATO tries to take control over the NWO-controlled areas.

Second peacetime mission:
The spy has been located and has been taken to the NATO base. NWO must raid the NATO base to try and save the spy from certain death.

If NWO gets the documents and fails to get the spy:
NWO has secured the classified documents, but failed to retrieve the spy that had sacrificed so much to help their cause. The spy was sentenced to death by firing squad later that evening.

If NWO gets the documents and the spy:
NWO’s overwhelming success has shown how competent they truly are. NWO has secured both the classified documents, as well as the spy that leaked them. The spy is now hailed as a hero within NWO. NATO’s integrity has suffered greatly from this situation, and the War Council is bound to be disappointed by NATO’s performance.

If NATO gets the documents and fails to get the spy:
NATO managed to retrieve the classified documents safely, protecting their integrity. They failed to retrieve the spy who leaked them, however no damage has been done to NATO.

If NATO gets the documents and the spy:
NATO’s overwhelming success has everyone baffled. After managing to secure the leaked documents they successfully protected the spy from NWO, achieving all their objectives. With the spy punished, NATO exits the territory, knowing they achieved what they came here for.

Hopefully this event idea is at least acceptable. I didn't write all the finer details, but I hope it conveys the message well enough.

List an example mission for each pair of regiments:

RMP / AOR:
WE DEMAND JUSTICE! GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY! WE DEMAND JUSTICE!” There is a riot in the town. A large crowd of civilians have amassed, shouting that they want peace. With a war actively approaching, SC and NHC agreed that RMP and AOR would work together to quickly stomp down this riot so that plans can continue smoothly.

RMP and AOR need to break up an active riot by using everything they have available. They may use whatever they have available (stunguns, glowsticks, vehicles, etc.), so long as they do not engage any civilians that have not engaged them first. This event does not strictly have a winner. Either both win, or they both lose. If there are still civilians actively protesting after a certain amount of time, AOR and RMP will lose.

SAS / STS:
With everything relying on computers nowadays, both NWO and NATO have been looking into cyberwarfare, working on developing their own malware to cripple the other side. Sadly, after finally launching the virus against NWO’s mainframe, a computer scientist working for NATO accidentally got his own computer infected! The virus quickly spread, and suddenly all the computers, both in NWO and NATO base, are completely broken!

SAS and STS need to go around the base, hacking computer mainframes spread around the base. Whoever manages to finish all the hacks first will be declared the winner. The prize would most likely be either some warfunds or hacking upgrade(s). At least that’s what I think the prize should be.

IVG / ISAF:
What the fuck do they mean they are better snipers than us? I could dome 3 of those bastards in the span of 2 seconds too easy, just watch this! Headshots only, I’m telling you.

IVG and ISAF will be in the joint-sim room with snipers, only able to go for headshots. Body shots will do zero damage. The side with the most kills after a certain amount of time will be declared the winner. There will be obstacles placed around the area to give cover.

JAF / SWB:
So like, if we think about it, a bullet is just metal with a point. What if we used helicopter-shaped bullets instead?” “Dude what the fuck are you talking about” “The Japanese were onto something I’m telling you”

JAF and SWB will have helicopter fights with no weapons. The only way to take down another helicopter is to kamikaze into them. They have a set amount of helicopters, each of them worth different amounts of points. Whichever side that gets the most points at the end of the event wins.

I see this event being more of a fun-type event more than a lore one. To be honest I'm probably grasping at straws.

1stAL / 17thAR:
People on both sides are complaining and complaining about how the enemy tanks are “better” and “more powerful” than their own, and NHC and SC have had enough of it. Therefore, they have agreed on having an all-out tank battle in Outpost where they will swap tanks!

There will be tank battles in Outpost. 17thAR will use 1stAL’s tanks, while 1stAL will be using 17thAR’s tanks. At the end of the event (after a certain amount of time has passed), the side that has killed the most tanks will be declared the winner.

Marko S

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 1, 2021
+support
cool event ideas but you wrote "glowsticks" instead of "stunsticks"

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
Neutral leaning +support
Active
Mature

Ex JAC COL :skull:(Joke) (ray kroc)
Decent app

Small events

1st small event: The event it self is basic but I like the little lore that you have written down

2nd small event: Again event idea is basic but how you are going to do it with like a livestream some saw type shit is pretty cool so this makes a more original also good lore

3th small event: GMAPPLICANTFILLEREVENTIDEATYPEBEAT.MP4

For small events you will get a Plus support leaning neutral
MAP CHANGE

Fun: Sounds pretty fun
Lore: Good lore
Detail: Lots of detail good to see

Map: sadly no workshop map :(

For map change you will get a Plus support

Regimental Events

RMP/AOR:
Cool event with lots of RP potential if done right also has glowsticks so they might stop the riot to make a rave.

SAS/STS: Mid but good lore though

ISAF/IVG: NO JUST NO

JAF/SWB: NO no no like whats the fun in kamikazing no just no.

17th/1stAL: Lets do tank battle event = basic

For regimental events big -support

Hey welding decent application but the reason I have givin you a Neutral is cause of the regimental events and the 1 small event these 4 seem very rushed and unoriginal that is the only thing that I don't like to see but your detail on the map change is very good and your lore writing skills are also good.

Good Luck

Regards

Senior Gamemaster Michiel

leo8353

Sep 28, 2022
+support
-mature
-friendly
-i think he would do well as GM

best of luck

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
-/+Neutral
I only like the idea of IVG/ISAF and SWB/JAF
the others are just so usual to be seen or to think about (meaning the anybody can come with this idea)
(not original)
the illegal boxing idea seems kinda cool if it was a good map for it other wise it would look like its in public and not illegal

Best of luck!

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Application Accepted

Hi @Welding Olsen,

Thanks for taking the time to make a game master application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please poke me the next time you're in Teamspeak so I can introduce you to our dedicated GM team.

Kind Regards,
Kyzent.​

Status
Not open for further replies.