Accepted Add a cooldown to flamer/juggernaut jobs

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Basically give these jobs the same 10 minute cooldown that the Spy job currently has. There is currently a meta where people farm combat score all day for use in later wars, then spend an entire war playing the flamer/jugg. It's all well and good to spend points strategically, but it takes substantial effort to take down these classes as infantry. A player instantly respawning in the same job makes the gameplay absolutely miserable for the opposing team.

"Skill issue" meme aside, we're seeing players quit wars when this happens. The Jugg class in particular is already very overpowered by design, so having a seemingly endless supply of them negates any perceived reward for defeating one and makes them sign off.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Less infantry discontent
- Better player retention and participation
- Defeating said class feels more impactful
- A single player cannot monopolise the job all war

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People like using the Jugg, so a cooldown will upset the combat score farmers.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Due to their ridiculous stats the power-classes need to remain a surprise threat rather than a constant presence in a war. A recent suggestion wanted a hard cap and was turned down, this is hopefully a far more equitable solution.

Reactions: Beast
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Beast

Feb 25, 2023
+Support

Would like to see a slight nerf implemented to these classes in order to avoid a grinding meta which is already ongoing

Farrah

Jan 21, 2023
+Support
The amount of time I see one jug die, then 5 seconds later I see a second one appear instantly when we're assaulting Mosque is very frustrating and makes me sign off immediately. So having this cooldown where one jug dies, they may have to wait like 10 minutes for another one to appear same for flamer.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
These jobs can be countered, especially flamer which is not that hard to kill. People work for the combat score and have to have some PVP skill to get these jobs so I don't see why they should be forced into a cooldown as if they want to save it they can.

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
+/-Support
If a player has been able to get that much combat score then it is fair play they should be able to use it as much as they want
But I do see the frustration of when a regiment stacks all their flamers and jugg for one war and just uses them one after the other to guarantee the win

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
I know this was posted today but we would like a lot more feedback on this before we accept or deny it.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support
make it not 10 minutes just 5 minutes or less , people have been on the whole day grinding for 1 war so that defeats the point on being tactfull the cc's should order people to go jug if they feel like they need one on their point

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
I know this was posted today but we would like a lot more feedback on this before we accept or deny it.
It's worth noting that opinion on this is likely to depend on whether a player is on the giving or receiving end of "jugg piles".

The class is overpowered by design, so it should be no surprise that stacking several of them ends up trashing the gameplay loop. Sure, it's a lot of fun for the Jugg players, but the end result has been the other team just not wanting to play. It's the same problem that 2009-era CoD killstreaks had.

It is true that counters exist, however these are largely either situational (vehicles can't enter buildings) or time-limited (airstrikes have cooldowns).

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
It's worth noting that opinion on this is likely to depend on whether a player is on the giving or receiving end of "jugg piles".

The class is overpowered by design, so it should be no surprise that stacking several of them ends up trashing the gameplay loop. Sure, it's a lot of fun for the Jugg players, but the end result has been the other team just not wanting to play. It's the same problem that 2009-era CoD killstreaks had.

It is true that counters exist, however these are largely either situational (vehicles can't enter buildings) or time-limited (airstrikes have cooldowns).
you forgot the important counter outrunning and ambusing the jug with nades tho

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
you forgot the important counter outrunning and ambusing the jug with nades tho
Your average newer player gets 1 or 2 nades per life, if any - which doesn't cut it. Couple that with maze-like building interiors and an 'ambush' is not trivial to pull off. You might be inclined to call that a skill issue, but it's exactly why these players don't return to the server after day 1.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
To get 5000BP or 2000BP and not use them just because you might forget about that cooldown it makes it not worth it there are many ways to get rid of these Jobs you just gotta be tactic
-Support

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

You can easily as a experienced player get a jugg in 1 war its not that hard, its even more common to see flamers around the field.

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
A semi competent sniper can outfrag a really good jugg player and cause way more of a headache easily. As for flamers they have significantly less health and serve way less of an impact. There are way bigger issues in regards to combat on the server than Juggs and if player retention is that important to you then you should try get those fixed first.

Use an ounce of common sense and don't just push the jugg from a single angle and 1 by 1. Assuming the guns still laser like they did a few months ago it should be no challenge at all.

- Support just aim for the head.

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
+support
There is no argument this needs to happen
Everytime we kill a jugg we see another one appear out of Nowhere and some times it takes a long time to kill one jugg from my experience

Even if i have to aim for the head i do little damage to him

And Most of the time they just hide some where on the point which is hard to get to him since they sit in an area where it has only one entrance

Last edited:

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
To be quite honest Juggs are quite easily to kill, sure it will take you like 5 lives but it is not that hard, flamers are also easy to kill and only take like 2/3 lives to kill

helio8

Jun 6, 2022
A semi competent sniper can outfrag a really good jugg player and cause way more of a headache easily. As for flamers they have significantly less health and serve way less of an impact. There are way bigger issues in regards to combat on the server than Juggs and if player retention is that important to you then you should try get those fixed first.

Use an ounce of common sense and don't just push the jugg from a single angle and 1 by 1. Assuming the guns still laser like they did a few months ago it should be no challenge at all.

- Support just aim for the head.
guns arent laser anymore for a while, Jugg itself need to be shoot 3 times regarldess of body part since it has armor everyhwere with sniper from ISAF(does 113 damage regardless of part) if jugg is killed the suggestion make so theres a cooldown because everytime in a war there a jugg he dies then come back another and another
to the point people like me and all other enlisted dont have fun and we have no incentive anymore to play since thing get randomized(cap/ETC)

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
guns arent laser anymore for a while, Jugg itself need to be shoot 3 times regarldess of body part since it has armor everyhwere with sniper from ISAF(does 113 damage regardless of part) if jugg is killed the suggestion make so theres a cooldown because everytime in a war there a jugg he dies then come back another and another
to the point people like me and all other enlisted dont have fun and we have no incentive anymore to play since thing get randomized(cap/ETC)
Can u try saying this in some form of English Dialect because I have 0 clue what you're on abt ngl.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
as i remember the sniper does more damadge if you hit the head still and with the sks (marksmen rifle from aor) you can shred a jug if you are good in long distant shots. jug are more cqc jobs if you stay far enough from them your chance of survive is a lot higher

Status
Not open for further replies.