Denied Alternative to Manual Base Raids

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is made to present an alternative to the player base in the stead of manual base raids (when a team holds all points for 10m during a three lane war and may then base raid with SL perms).

In short, I'm making this to gather opinions on whether the player base would see it as a good option to allow a faction, be that NWO or NATO to in a way restore the points to original states when captured.
The suggestion I'm currently presenting would work in the way that, if a faction owns all territories, instead of having to defend them for 10 minutes, with mountains of RNG required to even start a base raid, the faction gets the option to forfeit these points and achieve a sum of campaign score as a reward.
This would reset all points to Neutral, with no other changes, allowing both factions to once more fight over the map.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Prevents endless base camping
- Gives both factions a fighting chance, without the need to surrender or base raid
- Allows an alternative to base raids which can be difficult to even have, due to the necessity of having RNG, player count and activity all at once.
- Adds a new goal for factions during campaigns - A change in strategy.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Dev work ™️
- Would still require SL to perform

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I am not putting this up for a change to be made, just to see the community's perspective on this kind of change.
At the moment I'm seeing if there are any ways the community has potentially missed to change the cycle of gameplay, and would appreciate honest feedback on this suggestion to potentially find a new way we can agree to change the way the campaign system is played.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Umbra

Blacklisted Player
Apr 3, 2021
+support

Jason M's' latest suggestion has truly captivated my attention and ignited an immense sense of excitement and support within me. His idea encompasses a unique blend of creativity, innovation, and practicality, making it an exceptional proposition in its own right. Not only does Jason M's suggestion emanate from a place of expertise and astute understanding but it also addresses a crucial need within our current circumstances. The comprehensive research and thoughtful analysis undertaken by Jason M leave no room for doubt in the efficacy and potential impact of his proposal. It is evident that his dedication, attention to detail, and genuine concern to improve and better serve our community have truly resonated with me. By wholeheartedly endorsing 'Jason M's' latest suggestion, I aspire to contribute towards its success and witness its positive influence on the lives of many.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
- Support

Jason M's latest suggestion about base raiding in the MRP GMod server is simply ludicrous! It seems like he's advocating for chaos and mayhem rather than promoting a balanced and fair gameplay environment. Base raiding is already a contentious issue in many servers, and pushing for more aggression only undermines the principles of a good gaming experience.

Incorporating such aggressive measures would likely lead to an unbalanced and frustrating gameplay experience for everyone involved. It's essential to prioritize a fair and enjoyable environment for all players, rather than catering to the whims of a few individuals who seem to thrive on chaos.

Jason's suggestion lacks the foresight needed to maintain a healthy server community. Instead of encouraging more aggression, the focus should be on fostering cooperation, strategic gameplay, and fair competition. The last thing the MRP GMod server needs is a toxic atmosphere that discourages players from enjoying the game.

98%​

Probability AI generated (by gptzero)

neutral
requeres dev working which mrp already is spread out . put it in the backlog perhaps

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-support this would fuck over the team that is struggling at that point like heavily as of right now NATO is dominating the only chance NWO has to do some real damage is when NATO caps all the map to push them back if the points went neutral then as much as it seems fair because we all get a fair chance to cap some territories it is not as it just means NATO will cap everything again and again and have a landslide campaign. This would also be the case if this was implemented 3 months ago when NWO was dominating just landslide victories with no way for the losing side to come back

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
-support this would fuck over the team that is struggling at that point like heavily as of right now NATO is dominating the only chance NWO has to do some real damage is when NATO caps all the map to push them back if the points went neutral then as much as it seems fair because we all get a fair chance to cap some territories it is not as it just means NATO will cap everything again and again and have a landslide campaign. This would also be the case if this was implemented 3 months ago when NWO was dominating just landslide victories with no way for the losing side to come back
I'd presume you would have a much easier time capturing territory and gaining a foothold in the map when everything reverts to neutral, rather than having to push occupied points, no?

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
I'd presume you would have a much easier time capturing territory and gaining a foothold in the map when everything reverts to neutral, rather than having to push occupied points, no?
Most of the wars are always stalemates as you cap the same amount of territories as the other side after that the other side that is struggling usually lose a load and end up stuck in base again

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
Most of the wars are always stalemates as you cap the same amount of territories as the other side after that the other side that is struggling usually lose a load and end up stuck in base again
Surely it's better to propose to have stalemates where both sides have an equal chance of being able to set up positions on the map, take over their respective points and progress in the war.

Like you said, being stuck in base isn't fun. That's the issue NWO have had to deal with for a while, and one NATO used to deal with.
If there was a system such as this in place, both sides benefit, one from being able to capitalise off of the success of gaining the map, and the other for being able to have a new opportunity to win territories.

Karol 'Negotiator' W.

Blacklisted Player
Jan 29, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jason M. , Your suggestion has been denied.

The Suggestion will be Denied because it would require VWAR rework which would cost a lot of time to simply just surrender.

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.