Denied Arma 3 Military RP server

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarl

Nov 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[I think making a Military RP server on Arma 3 could add a lot better PVP scenarios, more in-depth communication, more realism to all aspects of Military RP.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[I'm not aware of something similar.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Popular game, Arma 3 is used in real Military's as a simulator. More realistic PVP, Better graphics, endless possibility's for events.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Not every PC can run Arma 3 smoothly.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[If the community supports it I don't see it going wrong, Arma 3 has a strong player base.]

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support if you want to play mrp ....join mrp gmod.

Also for this to actualy work you should need enough players wanting to play op's and do trainings and all that.

Yarl

Nov 12, 2023
-support if you want to play mrp ....join mrp gmod.

Also for this to actualy work you should need enough players wanting to play op's and do trainings and all that.
Yes, you can play MRP on Garry's Mod.

MRP on Arma 3 would have a lot more flexibility and customization.

Regarding trainings, it would be no different to finding people to do trainings on MRP.

Thank you for taking the time to put feedback on this suggestion.

Solaz

Dec 25, 2022
China #1
+Support
I love Arma, and this would actually be pretty good also setting up server etc is not much work for arma 3 soooo please make yes

Reactions: Zen

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

It would be decent, induce a bit more roleplay, but I doubt it would he as profitable on terms of its upkeeping. There isnt really much u can donate for on Arma without it seeming pay to win.

Yarl

Nov 12, 2023
Yes
Its hardly mrp related
Good day,

Arma 3 is a Military simulator that is currently in use in many Armed forces around the world for training purposes.

It's more directly related to real life "Military RP" as they use it for large scale battles and formations.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
I'm gunna personally -1 this.

Albeit the decision doesn't come down to me alone.

I was on an arma 3 community for about 3/4 years of my lifetime, there are many problems with the game and it's community. It doesn't have a growth neither so attracting new players would be disastrous. From what I have seen in my years experience and thousands of hours on Milsim's, Life servers and roleplay servers, is that they all eventually die rapidly, this has been a trend from 2020 onwards. This alone really doesn't give us a reason to learn it's bohemia's Real Virtuality engine fluently & make efforts to starting a presence there.

It is however, a really enjoyable game which took up a significant proportion of my lifetime and I will recommend the game to anyone.

I do however, really appreciate people looking into other game services we could provide.

CS Winkie.

Reactions: Yarl

Yarl

Nov 12, 2023
I'm gunna personally -1 this.

Albeit the decision doesn't come down to me alone.

I was on an arma 3 community for about 3/4 years of my lifetime, there are many problems with the game and it's community. It doesn't have a growth neither so attracting new players would be disastrous. From what I have seen in my years experience and thousands of hours on Milsim's, Life servers and roleplay servers, is that they all eventually die rapidly, this has been a trend from 2020 onwards. This alone really doesn't give us a reason to learn it's bohemia's Real Virtuality engine fluently & make efforts to starting a presence there.

It is however, a really enjoyable game which took up a significant proportion of my lifetime and I will recommend the game to anyone.

I do however, really appreciate people looking into other game services we could provide.

CS Winkie.
Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Matthew 'DooZ' Steel

Oct 26, 2023
Huge + Support

I have played the Arma series for the past 10 years, played everything from island life (a2), life mods (a3) and have been in a lot of regiments in arma 2 and arma 3 servers, and I would definitely be a reg if CN decided to open an A3 server, only negative I can see off is that MRP is really fading overall, be it in GMOD or other games.

A few (actually a lot) of years ago I used to play Serious MRP on GMOD all the time, having had pretty big communities of MRP myself and something I noticed is the quality and quantity of SeriousRP specially related to MRP has been fading for the past years.

In A3 there used to be a shit ton of servers and communities and they were constantly full of players, now a days I don't see many new communities for A3 MRP, and the ones that are still active are the ones that have been active for a while now so nothing new.

Would be a good experience overall to have a CN Arma 3 server, just don't know if it would be viable, either way, you can't know if you don't try it

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
-Support

This would not be profitable at all, the Arma 3 community is very dead and people who join the server will be a very small amount of people already in the community

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Just to let you know MRP content team will not be saying anything about this we are letting NL deal with it.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+/- more towards a +support

Personally the idea of a Arma 3 MRP Server sounds really nice, and would be interesting, and prompt more roleplay interactions, war types and etc, also cool mechanics that are not available on GMod, tho at same time Arma 3 is a really heavy game, and doesn't run on most machines, also a really complex games, that makes people spend a lot of time to learn just the basics sometimes, right now seeing how MRP on GMod is not doing the best, and the fact they got a lot of servers already, having a Arma 3 one could kill the other ones performance wise, so I don't think it would be a good idea, I'd love see it, but also would affect GMod servers imo

Status
Not open for further replies.