Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Name: Bubba
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:78883323
Previous Rank (convert if required): (Admin at the time of demotion) Senior Admin for SCP-USA
Who demoted you?:Cloak
Date of demotion?: 1/19/23
What server were you demoted from?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): MRP (Appealing to be SCP-USA staff)
What is the case against you?:

For Network Leadership purposes, Please if you have any questions or would like to talk with me to go a little further into detail I would gladly accept. There are some things I could add that I only feel comfortable talking with NL about. ( .Bubba_ )

SCP USA - MRP (June 30th - October 23rd)

Shortly after I resigned from Senior Admin on SCP USA (June 30th) I decided to go back to playing the MRP server, as while I was staff for SCP-USA, MRP had the update from Nato vs USSR - UAN vs NWO. I enjoyed playing the new MRP server and although I was just staff on SCP, I decided to apply for staff on MRP and help the server. I was accepted back into MRP as a Head Mod and then a month later, I was promoted to Admin and joined SC. As Admin I decided to join the Platform team which I was lead for on SCP-USA. On MRP the team was being led differently and I was not able to do much for the team as only the Senior Admin was able to do ban appeals. I could deal with player vs player complaints, although that was a very rare occasion. As for In-game, I was on whenever I was able to play (I was working a 40+ hour/week job.) and I was always able to get my requirements done in-game and help with any SL issues while available. I was also able to check Discord whenever needed on my phone, at work, or at home for platform team needs. However, on October 23rd Caleb and Chad Power decided to demote me for my activity in-game. Although I was getting my requirements in-game and for the platform team they both thought I was not active "in-game enough" for SL. Which I found odd as I was doing everything I could with the time I had to play the server. I was keeping in touch with the staff team, the platform team, and watching the forums on my phone, while at work or away from home. I was also getting my requirements in-game and attending staff meetings while at work. Yet they decided to demote me from Admin. They also said they asked the rest of SL about the demotion, and they agreed, however after personally asking the rest of SL, none of them had any clue about it, except both supers and Chad. I argued about the demotion including how Caleb, the one demoting me, had the same Vtime as I did, but half being afk time as a super admin. I was pretty mad at this whole thing and decided I would like to be removed from the staff team rather than stay and be put down as an H-mod after everything I did. During this, I tried to talk with Cloak personally about the demotion for over a month with little to no responses, until he finally said to just make a demotion appeal rather than talking with me and deciding if the demotion was worthy or not. And so I did and was accepted back as H-mod, however, I was still really disappointed with what all happened and just decided to check out SCP again shortly after where some old staff members I knew said the SL team could use some help again.

Main Reason for Blacklist. MRP -> SCP-USA -> MRP-USA (November 27th - Janurary 19th)

After being told by some SCP SL that they could use some help, and with everything that just happened with MRP, I decided to attempt a transfer to SCP-USA. I got approval from both supers from MRP and SCP-USA, as well as a community supervisor. I then put my transfer in, just for it to be denied by Cloak. When asked, he said he would not like to transfer me. When I asked the reason he said, it was because I recently was reinstated into the staff team. He then says he would like for me to resign from MRP, the make a resignation appeal for SCP-USA. This confused me as I assumed it would make everything easier to just make me a transfer through the SL team, rather than telling everyone on MRP I'm resigning, and then immediately post an appeal for SCP-USA, which gave me a bad look in the community. When I asked if there was some guideline for transferring on why we couldn't just do it the easy way, all cloak said was "The only guideline for transferring is that it needs my approval". So I made an appeal for SCP-USA and got reinstated as H-mod, although the SCP SL was trying to get me SL so I could help right away, Cloak denied them and told them to put me at Head mod with a 1-month promotion cooldown.

And then with my luck, 2 weeks later, MRP-USA was announced and applications for the helper team were made available. Ever since I joined this community and joined MRP shortly after its launch, I have been waiting for MRP-USA. A bunch of old players from MRP, and SCP-USA were all talking about playing it and applying. And of course, I had to try and talk with Cloak one last time to allow me to staff and help the MRP-USA server. On December 12th, I tried to talk with Cloak, however, he kept saying he had plans or "I'm still thinking about it" when trying to talk with him. In the meantime, I got approval from the SCP supers as well as MRP supers for the whole situation. I also mentioned that I would still stay in the SCP staff team if I was denied, as I was planning on going for SL again at the time. Honestly, it was shortly after the Community supervisor role was announced and I had some thought of going for it through SCP-USA. Finally, on December 31st, Cloak said he would allow me to be on the staff team and the helper team. I then left the SCP team and started playing MRP-UK waiting for MRP-USA.

I was told I would be S-mod when the server would come out. And so I waited for the server. After a while, there was some small chat within the helper team, some more teasers, and talk about ranks and whatnot, but there was an issue with getting the server. The Server kept getting delayed and soon it was just silence and sitting around waiting for this server. During this time, I got bored of waiting for the server. I was working 2 jobs at the time, and focusing more on my life than g-mod to be honest. So after a month of waiting, I finally told Cloak to just remove me from the MRP-USA staff list. It was then that I was blacklisted from the staff team. I was told by Cloak I would be blacklisted from staff if I "messed with him"

I will add that I continued in the helper team, and the server launched with me in the SC team. During this, the server had some issues, with both players and the staff team. Half of SC left the server 1 week in, multiple experienced UK players were playing and giving no chance for the new players to learn the server, bringing the player count down. Even after Cloak told UK players to stop playing, the player count never really went back up. I tried my best to help Legion Kuo :salute: keep the SC team alive, until finally I too decided to give up on the server as there would only be 1 or 2 wars a day happening. I found no point in spending more time on the server. A few months later, the MRP-USA server was shut down and merged into MRP-UK. This means that all the trouble and work for me to get staff was going to be pointless in the end anyway.

Is this true?: Yes. Although this was a while ago and I don't have a good memory this is all to the best of my knowledge.

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: I have only been demoted from MRP Admin.

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: I have been warned once in the community in Oct 2022 on MRP during an event for base camping. (bs situation)

What is your side of the story?: In my opinion, receiving a permanent blacklist from the staff team only for resigning/transferring multiple times in a short duration is completely unacceptable. I understand that what I did was frustrating or annoying, but to give me a permanent blacklist is crazy. The only other people who got permanently blacklisted were people who actually did something bad that harmed the server. Such as abusing powers, harassing players, trying to damage the server, or worse things (if you know you know). From my perspective as an old staff member, I think 6 months, maybe even a year would have been more acceptable than what I was given.

Why should you return / what will you change?:

It amazes me that after the crazy amount of time and work, I put into the staff team, from being staff shortly after SCP-UK was launched, to helping out the SCP-USA helper team, building the staff team, the rp team, pushing its launch trying to get us up to the #1 spot on game tracker. Even when I wasn't staff, helping the MRP-USA server. And the help I did with MRP-UK. I made so, so many friends in this community. Some who left years ago, that I still talk to, even while typing this. After being gone from the community for almost a year, I decided to come back, knowing we are closer to the release of Site-9 which I and a few old players are interested in. I've only been playing for about a month now, and I've begun to remember why I love this community so much. Seeing old players remember me and meeting new players, some already being people I talk to regularly in-game is such a good feeling to have again.

I've really enjoyed my time back on the server so far. Even if the staff team may not be looking to accept me into the team at this time. My main reason for this post is for my staff blacklist to be removed.

To anyone who was staff during my time as Senior Admin on SCP-USA or Admin on MRP-UK. Thank you for all your help and all the amazing time we had. Those moments were generally some of the best times I had on PC. I hope to be a part of the team once again in the future.

Wstaffteam.png

Last edited:

Squid

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+Support

Bubba is a great asset to any team he is a part of, and I believe his blacklist punishment was unjust. While it might have been annoying for SL to deal with him transferring between servers, Bubba was still a contributing member to whatever server he prioritized despite his work life. He genuinely cares for this community and enjoys assisting all players despite personal differences. He is one of the few staff members I've ever met who has never had any cases of bias, discrimination, or injustice.

Whilst I personally haven't seen any current SCP staff abuse their powers, I have heard many ex-members express their disdain for staff as they claim it has turned into a "pig pen of power abuse." -- Bubba would be a breath of fresh air.

Putting our friendship aside, I greatly believe, and have faith, that Bubba will be nothing but shy of perfect. Having him on the staff team is a no-brainer.

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

Bubba is an excellent member of CN, who has seen servers be launched from the start, until they even die (MRP US, Rust on the verge of it). Bubba has been Staff many times and could fully help the community as a whole even, as he has been staff on both MRP and SCP. I remember seeing Bubba as Admin on MRP, he helped out more than some Admins do now to be honest. Same thing on SCP as Senior Admin. Bubba goes put of his way to make sure everything is good.

Ferrit

Feb 10, 2022
+Support
Baited me to become staff so he could get promoted to admin
L bubba

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Don't try to play me off as some kind of evil villain to justify your own demotion appeal, it's perfectly reasonable to want to appeal your blacklist, but playing it off as "Cloak never responded to me and his decisions didn't make sense" is ridiculous. It's not my business whether you come back to staff or not, as I'm not involved in CN anymore, but I will stand up for myself.

I will not go through every part of your post, because it's not worth the time, but in short, your post is inconsistent with what our DMs show. Using your MRP transfer as an example - we spoke on November 27th at which point you indicated you did not want to transfer back to MRP and said "you have my word". Then, on December 19th (NOT December 12th as you claim - it feels like you are trying to stretch out the period of time so it seems like I ignored you) you DM'd me asking for a transfer to MRP. I replied to you 4 hours later and we had a discussion. I thought about it over Christmas (and believe it or not, we're all busy over Christmas too!), and gave you approval on the 31st as you said.

Please don't try to twist dates to make yourself sound like a victim. I did use a sharp tone with you - after approving your return to staff, I said not to mess me about, and it's pretty obvious that I was referring to you moving to-and-fro constantly, which I spelled out very clearly:
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 04.53.46.png

I feel as if you mentioning "Cloak told me not to mess with him" was just done to play that off as me being some kind of gangster who goes around threatening people, which isn't the case. As a note, your attitude was honestly not the most pleasing, with you insinuating things like you'd "forced me" to do this, "allowed me" to do that, and things like your attitude, and your constant negative reactions to being down-ranked and requests to get moved to a higher position, are all reasons for why you're now in the situation you're in now.

Anyone can play the victim card if they decide to selectively quote and paint their own picture of events.

I will finish this off by saying that I'm not leaving my own opinion on your appeal because I no longer play Civil Networks. I stand by the decision I made at the time, but what happens now is up to the current staff team to decide. However I won't sit there and let you act like this because I'm gone, don't try to drag me down to build a case for yourself. I would not have commented (or even looked at this, to be honest) if my name wasn't mentioned in this way. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Don't try to play me off as some kind of evil villain to justify your own demotion appeal, it's perfectly reasonable to want to appeal your blacklist, but playing it off as "Cloak never responded to me and his decisions didn't make sense" is ridiculous. It's not my business whether you come back to staff or not, as I'm not involved in CN anymore, but I will stand up for myself.
I had no intention of making you sound like an evil person. Everything I wrote down is how I honestly view the situation. As I said, a lot of the dates were trying to piece together DMs from multiple people over the years to get information. Some dates may have been accidentally mixed up. Also for one, I mentioned you saying "Cloak told me not to mess with him" because that is what you said.
And yes, I do agree that some decisions didn't make sense in my mind and that sometimes I would get little to no response from you.
Lots of time could have been saved if a single 10 - 15 minute talk on ts were to of happened.
1705389704558.png

1705389296682.png1705389399967.png
1705389443325.png
1705389493342.png1705389009668.png

Using your MRP transfer as an example - we spoke on November 27th at which point you indicated you did not want to transfer back to MRP and said "you have my word"
Also on November 27th, that chat was talking about transferring from MRP to SCP - USA before the launch of MRP - USA. 1705390636326.png
And I did say I did not want to transfer back to MRP and "you have my word" [before] the announcement of MRP - USA, which I explain in my post, had you taken the time to read all of it.

Attachments

• 1705390304246.png
    1705390304246.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
+Support

I don't think NL are in any position to be turning down blacklist appeals, regardless what server it is.

Shmickle

Apr 12, 2022

I will not go through every part of your post, because it's not worth the time, but in short, your post is inconsistent with what our DMs show. Using your MRP transfer as an example - we spoke on November 27th at which point you indicated you did not want to transfer back to MRP and said "you have my word". Then, on December 19th (NOT December 12th as you claim - it feels like you are trying to stretch out the period of time so it seems like I ignored you) you DM'd me asking for a transfer to MRP. I replied to you 4 hours later and we had a discussion. I thought about it over Christmas (and believe it or not, we're all busy over Christmas too!), and gave you approval on the 31st as you said.
Nuh uh

Timber/PEEK

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 17, 2022
+ Support
Had a ton of work done whilst in CN and the time we shared as staff was exceptional

Last edited:

Hound

May 9, 2022
Fort Irwin, California
+Support

I knew Bubba when I was rising through the staff ranks from mid 2022 to early 2023. Even when I was a Community Supervisor, my experiences with Bubba were still positive. While his history as staff isn't spotless, he would be an outstanding addition to this team in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.