Denied Code on Interrogation Cell Doors

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adding code to cell doors, this is the cell doors for when Foundation staff are arrested. Not hostage holding areas.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I have seen.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It prevents anyone with a CL3+ keycard (which is many) entering Interro and just letting people out for the sake of it. (Has happened around 15-20 times in the last month)
Prevents people who have committed unethical actions from being released when they should not.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
If an ambassador or director from IA not around and someone needs to be let out for some reason, have to ask other foundation staff.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It makes sense to have a code for IA Ambassadors+ to prevent the cells being opened for silly reasons. Just makes sense to have the jail area actually secured

Last edited:

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support no negatives? also makes retrieving hostages almost impossible w/o knowing codes beforehand (which can be easily changed)

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
-support no negatives? also makes retrieving hostages almost impossible w/o knowing codes beforehand (which can be easily changed)
No hostages should be locked in jail cells in interro.

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
I don't feel like people are understanding this suggestion. It's for the solitary cells that people that the arresting officer puts people into when IA arrests them they get placed into these cells it would help greatly for these doors to have these codes. It's normally a major issue in the US server for us ambassadors to have random people run in and try to release ppl from solitary.

Reactions: Joshbond

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
I don't feel like people are understanding this suggestion. It's for the solitary cells that people that the arresting officer puts people into when IA arrests them they get placed into these cells it would help greatly for these doors to have these codes. It's normally a major issue in the US server for us ambassadors to have random people run in and try to release ppl from solitary.
We get this on the UK server too, its extremely fustrating. I know our IA director already wants this in, so just hope its reviewed and added.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
probably a US thing and not UK
Although this would encourage holding hostages in the cell's more, as they are more protected

-Support
Its not an option, holding hostages in these cells is against procedure. Those cells are specifically for people who are being arrested via the NPC tool. Hostages/interrogations are held and occur in the interrogation room which is just CL3 locked (no code requested/required)

Cross / Michael "Banana"

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 17, 2021
+Support then
Thought it was for the uhhhh interrogation room

Tim Drake

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Aug 13, 2022
Scotland
+ Support

- This would only be for the jail cells, to stop the arrested's friends from breaking him out
- Additionally, it be best if for access, IA Agents - Directors, SA, SC, and all senior cl4 staff

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support thought we were talking about IA interro lmao, +support for actual jail cells since there's no resonable excuse to open these

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
+support but stop replying to every -support individually, just reply to em all in 1 reply

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
clearly the only way you should be getting out of the cell is if you are in the one nearest to the gangway, stand by the window and jobswitch to 096

(disclaimer: don't do that)

but yeah, makes sense for those to be coded, as there's very little reason to open them normally

• Wow
Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Glovano

Aug 19, 2022
+/- Neutral

You can just ask to change it into a cl4 door to prevent cl3 minges from opening the door. (I don't think any cl4 would mind). I don't see the reason for the doors to being coded as people might not remember the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.