Held:
Ethics Assistant (Coordinator)
Internal Affairs Ambassador
UNGOC CPL
CI-G
E-11 SPC
Nu-7 LCPL
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
- 2x RDM warnings from when I was new to the server.
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the position of Ethics Committee Member, Since joining the server I have always been with internal affairs I rose the ranks to department director I have enjoyed the time I spent helping the department grow that being said I feel it's time for me to move up and contribute further by being able to work towards shaping policies and creating and guiding the roleplay around the site.
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
My experience as Director of Internal Affairs and Ethics Assistant Coordinator makes me a good candidate for this position. Having been in a leadership role has increased my skills in decision-making, conflict resolution, and policy enforcement, all of which are crucial for Ethics Committee Members. During my time as Director of Internal Affairs, I had the responsibility of upholding the highest standards within our site. This includes not only enforcing the Code of Ethics (CoE) and Code of Conduct (CoC) but also handling issues with fairness and consideration. my experience as an Ethics Assistant Coordinator provided me with a good understanding of the inner workings of the Ethics Committee working closely with Committee Members This experience has equipped me understanding of the Committee's objectives, processes, and challenges. my leadership, dedication, and experience put me in a place to make an impact as a member of the Ethics Committee.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The committee is responsible for
- Approving Cross Tests
- Authorizing usage of AA
- Reviewing and auditing Departments
- Making changes and enforcing the CoE
- Activating onsite warhead in the case of all other measures failing
- Working with SC/SA to ensure issues on site are addressed.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Director of Internal Affairs Applications
- Ethics Committee Members Applications
- Ethics Committee Assistants Applications
- Roleplay Demotion Appeals where needed.
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Name: David Larkin
Codename: "World"
Position: Director Of Internal Affairs
DoB: 05/13/1983
Nationality: Canadian
A young individual who went by the name David was born in a small neighborhood in St. John's Canada, he witnessed the struggles faced by those less fortunate. Raised by a single mother who worked tirelessly to provide for their family resilience and determination from an early age despite the challenges that surrounded him David had a belief that he could make a difference in the world. When fate led him to the doorstep of the foundation David saw it as an opportunity to reach his goals and help contribute towards a greater purpose. Joining as a low-level security cadet he started his journey in the foundation.

As David dived deeper into his role within the Foundation his intelligence and dedication caught the attention of his superiors recognized his potential and soon transferred him to the Internal Affairs department where his attention to detail assisted him in looking into the shadows of the Foundation uncovering instances of misconduct and violations of policy. His efforts earned him a reputation as a formidable investigator, someone who could be counted on to uphold the principles of professionalism and accountability where he was soon promoted to an ambassador within the department.

As David continued in his role within Internal Affairs his leadership qualities and unwavering commitment did not go unnoticed his superiors recognized his performance when the position of Director of Internal Affairs became vacant David emerged as the best choice to fill the role with his track record of amazing performance and dedication to the foundation. As David's time as director progressed, he became increasingly involved in broader discussions within the Ethics Committee. Recognizing his experience and insight, Committee Members sought his input on changes to the code of ethics David's unique perspective was driven by his desire to promote ethical conduct and ensure the Foundation's continued success. David remained committed to advancing the Committee's objectives and safeguarding the foundation. As his influence within the Ethics Committee grew, David's dedication and leadership qualities positioned him as a natural candidate for the next spot on the committee. His journey from a curious cadet to a respected leader within the Foundation. As he looked towards the future, David retained a strong commitment to upholding the ideals that had drawn him to the SCP Foundation in the first place.

Golani

Dec 18, 2023
+Support

Good Sr. CL4 Experience
Leadership Experience
Good Application

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support

Successor to Walter Unrich, the committee is currently from O-1, need the other departments in the fold.

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Major +Support

Amazing IA Director. Would be an amazing Ethics Member.

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
+Support
Great guy all around. When David was an ECA he did some really good work and has continued to do so as DoIA.

Fool

Oct 18, 2023
I want to give a support BUT I KNOW he WOULD NEVER LET ME BECOME AN ECA, cuz im so silly and for that reason I dunno.

Ember

Jan 27, 2024
USA
You know what, screw it. I've had some good interactions with you on the server.

+support be upon ye

Status
Not open for further replies.