Partially Accepted Disallow Drone usage in Base Raids.

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a rule which makes it so its not allowed to use drones of any kind during Base Raids.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Would allow the attacking team to have a more fun time.
Would make it more fair overall.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Would make it so drones gets used less

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I personally believe that this change overall would make the server less frustrating overall. You work extremely hard to win the campaign and have to deal with drones almost every war. Your reward is to get the same treatment but in a base raid.

Upvote 0

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
The people using the drones just sit in bunks and use them we cannot go into their bunks as we would be warned for base camping its bollocks

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-support if the jammers are down its fair game
The jammers dont do anything to drones within the base. This suggestion is due to mostly defending party using them to an extent where they make a large impact on just the generall fun

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
neutral

+support to make people using drones to be outside their bunks to make it fair game.

-support if the jammers are down (shot down) it is fair for the attacking side to use it

parker

Sep 24, 2022
neutral

+support to make people using drones to be outside their bunks to make it fair game.

-support if the jammers are down (shot down) it is fair for the attacking side to use it
that is completely unfair for the defenders, your saying the attackers can, but the defending cant -support on this one +support if both sides cant or can

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
This suggestion is for both sides, enough blowing up the place with these annoying cretins

stealthyxd

Nov 7, 2023
Sweden
+/-
drones should be used to gather information so yea
probebly best to add a rule something like "you arent allowed to use drones while you are in bunks/spawn area"

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+/-
drones should be used to gather information so yea
probebly best to add a rule something like "you arent allowed to use drones while you are in bunks/spawn area"
If you have played in the past 2 weeks, drones aren't used for "gathering information" but rather used as a weapon of mass annoyance.

Anakin Skywalker

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 7, 2021
neutral

jammers do next to nothing

+Support for the ruling
anyone that -supports this you need checking

for someone who tested the jammers they are as bout as useful as one guy against 42 players they struggle to cover one building all you need to do is fly about 25-50m from the building you in done and with drones its 50/50 if you are within like 20 players distance of the person who spawns it in you can hear the drone if you are not you wont hear the sound of the drone so if you are in the building with it before you get baseraided its very unlikely people will find the drone or hear it

call this a cope support

and people shouldnt be using them in bunks as you are just asking to be bunk camped its your own fault

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
-support

okay from my view on this

i used drones during the base raid on NATO and on NWO

the NWO still won the base raid despite the fact the defender team using drones

and as a guy who used drones both on the defend team and the attack team i dont see it as a problem the attack team can use drones and managed to take out some defenders holdouts but the Jammers can be still used to make sure the drone wont be able to reach a keypoint if placed right.

and the defend team can use drones to hold off a certain point on the base if breached and cant go into the point due too many Infantry holding the point then, the following can be used to clear it drones, grenades, 40mm or any kind of explosive can be used to clear a point.

the attack has the advantage to strike certain points with drones and clear a point unexpected

the defenders has the advantage to use drones to help clear out a certain point

i see it as unreasonable suggestion

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
-support

and as a guy who used drones both on the defend team and the attack team i dont see it as a problem the attack team can use drones and managed to take out some defenders holdouts but the Jammers can be still used to make sure the drone wont be able to reach a keypoint if placed right.

and the defend team can use drones to hold off a certain point on the base if breached and cant go into the point due too many Infantry holding the point then, the following can be used to clear it drones, grenades, 40mm or any kind of explosive can be used to clear a point.

the attack has the advantage to strike certain points with drones and clear a point unexpected

You destroyed our Tac insert on a roof top with drones without leaving bunks, kinda broken.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-support

As Kebab pointed out, you were one of the main individuals using drones and one of the main individuals who use drones in almodt every war. It is annoying. This suggestion is simply to add one war that we can play without drones, I am not the only one who gets frustrated by them, as shooting them down with severe server lagg is near impossible.

King Jez

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 12, 2021
pub (ate wife)
As Kebab pointed out, you were one of the main individuals using drones and one of the main individuals who use drones in almodt every war. It is annoying. This suggestion is simply to add one war that we can play without drones, I am not the only one who gets frustrated by them, as shooting them down with severe server lagg is near impossible.
everyone gets frustrated but game is game

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
You destroyed our Tac insert on a roof top with drones without leaving bunks, kinda broken.
I only sent 5
4 on the personal that were away from the tac
And 1 on the Tac don't say something that you didn't witness it didn't do shit my man i only target infantry
I only sent 1 drone on the Tac
After that i started to send drones on the dozen infantry who started to camp on the rooftop thats kept killing anyone who came out of the bunks

I don't how you made up a story about a Tac that got killed with 1 drone, it doesn't make sense mate.

Last edited:

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
Even Before DRONES we win or lose the Base raid my man

Also You won 2 Base raids as the DEFEND team and the ATTACK Team while being droned by NATO in the last 2 campaigns

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Even Before DRONES we win or lose the Base raid my man

Also You won 2 Base raids as the DEFEND team and the ATTACK Team while being droned by NATO in the last 2 campaigns
I joined the last day of previous campaign when NATO attacked, so idk man, this is just from the past 2 weeks (my experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.