Rule Suggestion Disallow instant strip binds or limit strip binds to one item

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
You will no longer be able to hit a bind key to strip everything from someone in a matter of 2 seconds.

If the change is too drastic or many simply don't like the idea, I think limiting a strip bind to one item would be fine, and then you'd have to manually type the other items you'd like stripped.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No idea

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Makes sense RP wise since you wouldn't be able to just take every item from someone within a span of a second

Now it will actually take considerable effort to strip items since you'll have to manually type exact items you want to be stripped.

Makes it less confusing for players who don't understand the strip mechanic since people won't be including things that cannot actually be stripped I.E cyanide, weapons, keycards, etc. This is because no one will specifically type in these items since it'll be a waste of time since they can't actually strip those items.

Would allow multiple people to strip one person at once, each would be asked to strip a specific item so that the detainee would still lose all their equipment anyway.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People who type slow will be at a major disadvantage

This could drastically mess with how pvp works in the server and would have to be tested beforehand.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The suggestion should be accepted because it not only makes sense, but it makes stripping equipment would now require a team effort if you wanted someone to lose everything.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
ORRRRRRRR make it that when stripping someone, you have to stand next to them for 5-10ish seconds for it to be stripped
While also keeping the ability to insta strip 1 item. This would allow you to still kidnap people who arent careful without their gun out, but still not strip everything

Reactions: Cheesy

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+/- Support
Imagine the day they finally add the W/C strip SWEP from MRP, so much work

• Love
Reactions: Zen

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
...or... you know... the upcoming strip SWEP and such. you know? that?
-/+ Neutral

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+/-

I'd give full support but this is pretty pointless. Not only do you have the upcoming strip SWEP implementation, but the only thing people would care to strip is comms, since you could just as easily take cyanide while ungagged even if stripped. Nothing else that is bind strippable is of use if you're under FearRP/cuffed.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
If they gave the weapon stripper to all combative roles, then sure!
Otherwise, no

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
I love walking up to someone and doing /me strips SCP-008 the zombie virus so -support!!

Nah fr, new SWEP is in works to my knowledge so neutral

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
Cant wait for people to press a series of strip binds within 2 seconds to atill strip everything
+/- support
I wouldnt want comms to take multiple seconds to strip simply because people will just use it to instantly call it out via teamspeak, but other than that it sort of makes sense ig

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Btw you can strip weapons, main one you can't is cyanide as its supposed to be a cyanide tooth

"Ghost"

Nov 20, 2023
bind x "say /me strips comms; say /me strips weapons; say /me strips suicide devices"

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
you can't strip weapons with keybinds
You actually can, apparently. This was what a senior or super said last, iirc. It's almost as if they should actually keep track of and make public rulings on things, rather than leaving it up to interpretation on everything so nobody knows what's allowed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.