Disallow "soft" surface RP resets without SL+ Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the ability for DEA to kidnap & mass-term civilians on surface as a "Soft RP Reset". These types of actions are really bad RP, and generally ruin any fun surface roles can have. It is also borderline RDM, which is why I think Server Leadership+ needs to approve it before DEA/Nu7 can kidnap and mass-term civs.

DEA/Nu7/Foundation shouldn't be allowed to simply kidnap and terminate civilians because they might potentially know something, before killing them. Amnestics were made for a reason, and so was the staff ruling on cuffed, cooperative civs.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More RP for Civilians.
+ Enforced RP for DEA/Nu-7.
+ More use-cases for Amnestics.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- DEA/Nu-7 can't mass kidnap & term. civilians without SL approval.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
None. Literally nothing. DEA can still mass term civilians, it just needs approval.

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
There seems to be a severe lack of accountability for the DEA/NU-7 in regard to simply terminating civilians on a mass-infobreach. These arent deathrow prisoners like D-class that can be shot like dogs, these are citizens who live normal lives.
There should be a metric ton of restrictions on Foundation as a whole before conducting any sort of terminations based on Infobreaching.

Also other GOIs should also hold them accountable. (This specifically is an RP issue though)

+Support

Reactions: Harold Hawks

Karol 'Negotiator' W.

Blacklisted Player
Jan 29, 2023
-support
That's fucking dumb
So basically everytime there's an infobreach on surface you want ppl to ask SL's permission to kidnapp more than 1 Civi?
Lmao

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-support
That's fucking dumb
So basically everytime there's an infobreach on surface you want ppl to ask SL's permission to kidnapp more than 1 Civi?
Lmao
Read the suggestion. I didn't say kidnap, or mass kidnap. I said mass kidnap and term. There is a huge difference.

I'm tired of people like you pulling a twitter and telling me I hate waffles because I like pancakes.

You know English. You can read & write. Use those skills and stop insulting mine.

Max Henry

Jul 25, 2022
Site 184. Nova Scotia, Canada
+Support

DEA Gotta stop committing crimes against humanity on a daily basis just cause of some dumb GOI war on surface, I get it, Info breaches and shit but Amnestics Exist, I will personally donate amnesium to DEA if I ever have a surplus and they need some.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
If this is included for CI, GOC, AND Foundation sure. I +support

If its foundation only... Well no.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
If this is included for CI, GOC, AND Foundation sure. I +support

If its foundation only... Well no.
GOC already can't kidnap and mass-term civilians, and CI are meant to be terrorists, not kidnappers. They steal Foundation personnel, not civilians(unless its for 008). Foundation is the only GOI that can currently kidnap and terminate a civilian without a good reason behind it outside of an assumed information breach. That's it. GOC can't even do that.

But its a major issue for DEA/Nu-7 who mass-term surface roles because one or two parawatch known about 008/O5. It's a blanket punishment to fix an individual solution.

Reactions: DaveDogs

Silvestro

Apr 24, 2023
+/- support
i was online at 2am my time about 2 weeks ago and had to deal with a 6 hour long info breach, with ethics approval we made termed pinewood. I get your suggestion as it is logical and yes RP would be better, but i feel that sometimes it is too much for us to hold everyone accountable.

Chan

Jul 16, 2022
-support
This is the biggest cope suggestion ever lol there is no reason for it to need SL approval to kidnap more that 3 civs lol.

Blu

Nov 8, 2022
-Support
if civs are kidnapped/killed there is valid reason. Most of the time its because civs flag on and find any small reason to start a whole ass war against foundation/ci/goc and start infobreaching. if they dont got a reason for killing you just make a sit or smth

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
Secure. Contain. Protect.
The SCP Foundation works to protect humanity, by containing and preventing dangerous anomalies from compromising world order. Slaughtering a town of civilians is just bad RP, and it's quite ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.