Disallow "soft" surface RP resets without SL+ Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the ability for DEA to kidnap & mass-term civilians on surface as a "Soft RP Reset". These types of actions are really bad RP, and generally ruin any fun surface roles can have. It is also borderline RDM, which is why I think Server Leadership+ needs to approve it before DEA/Nu7 can kidnap and mass-term civs.

DEA/Nu7/Foundation shouldn't be allowed to simply kidnap and terminate civilians because they might potentially know something, before killing them. Amnestics were made for a reason, and so was the staff ruling on cuffed, cooperative civs.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More RP for Civilians.
+ Enforced RP for DEA/Nu-7.
+ More use-cases for Amnestics.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- DEA/Nu-7 can't mass kidnap & term. civilians without SL approval.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
None. Literally nothing. DEA can still mass term civilians, it just needs approval.

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
I don't believe the "mass termination" of civilians is a thing that's actually happening, and if it is happening then it should be reported to staff.
As for the Mass Kidnapping, it's sort of understandable as there's no "real" identification method for civilians. With that being said, the "mass termination" of civilians has never been allowed.

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
^ The kidnapping is fine, however termination of Civilians needlessly has never been allowed. They aren't D-Class

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
I don't believe the "mass termination" of civilians is a thing that's actually happening, and if it is happening then it should be reported to staff.
As for the Mass Kidnapping, it's sort of understandable as there's no "real" identification method for civilians. With that being said, the "mass termination" of civilians has never been allowed.
Mass terms of Civi has happend before (if there near a certain area, example the circle between foundation, and rangers are outside there mostly due to the fact they were hostile

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-Support
When do you ever see Nu7/DEA do this
-support what he said, total GOC death.
The issue is that the Foundation is literally supposed to protect and keep civilians safe. They aren't CI. Class-Ds can be classed differently because they're put up for death anyways. It's just genuine failRP to kill a civilian as a Foundation member when the civ is being cooperative. Amnestics exist for a reason. Do your jobs and stop being cry babies because you don't want to RP.
-Support
if civs are kidnapped/killed there is valid reason. Most of the time its because civs flag on and find any small reason to start a whole ass war against foundation/ci/goc and start infobreaching. if they dont got a reason for killing you just make a sit or smth
Same goes for you. Do your job, RP, or get tf off DEA/Nu7.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
The entire point of this post is so DEA/Nu-7 can't wipe a town off the face of the planet because 1 person knows about the Foundation. It is aimed at adding RP, and making sure DEA & Nu-7 are conducting appropriate RP actions.

It's the same deal with O5 and the Alpha Warhead, because guess what, O5 can't instantly nuke the site when there is a breach. Period.

Why does DEA and Nu-7 get the ability to essentially mass-term surface and make an RP reset WITHOUT any approval?

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
The entire point of this post is so DEA/Nu-7 can't wipe a town off the face of the planet because 1 person knows about the Foundation. It is aimed at adding RP, and making sure DEA & Nu-7 are conducting appropriate RP actions.

It's the same deal with O5 and the Alpha Warhead, because guess what, O5 can't instantly nuke the site when there is a breach. Period.

Why does DEA and Nu-7 get the ability to essentially mass-term surface and make an RP reset WITHOUT any approval?
they cant did you not see lufts message?

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
^ The kidnapping is fine, however termination of Civilians needlessly has never been allowed. They aren't D-Class
Sat in an admin sit with a DEA manager who orders a mass kidnapping and term. of Pinewood, and I got told to take it to the forums.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1d5ZrdMGcPz6Fc/d1337nMPGT8L?invite=cr-MSx2VlYsMTQ1MDQ0NjY4LA
This clip was sent to staff, the entire time during the arrest I was never interrogated, weapon checked, talked to, and did nothing wrong aside from look towards the military base as a parawatch with a camera.

The staff ruling was that it was reasonable.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
1686264605513.png
Oh hell naw. Sitting in a garage for 25 minutes as PARAWATCH not GOC, then getting terminated after being completely cooperative is why I'm here.

Deleting your post wont stop me from calling you out. This was the dumbest thing I've seen commented based on the PHATTEST assumption I've ever seen.

I wont @ you but I know who you are and so do you.

Reactions: DaveDogs

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
-support

I have never once in my entire time on the server seen DEA/Nu7 mass capture and execute Pinewood, there have been and are mass amnestications with are performed well within a factions limits. The GOC for example will deploy smoke screens in Pinewood and say it's chem trails full of amnestic smoke and Site Command have ways to deal with info breaches that don't result in MRDM.

This suggestion has no real need to be made since all these actions require Csay which is a gm/Hmod+ (I think) command anyway.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-support

I have never once in my entire time on the server seen DEA/Nu7 mass capture and execute Pinewood, there have been and are mass amnestications with are performed well within a factions limits. The GOC for example will deploy smoke screens in Pinewood and say it's chem trails full of amnestic smoke and Site Command have ways to deal with info breaches that don't result in MRDM.

This suggestion has no real need to be made since all these actions require Csay which is a gm/Hmod+ (I think) command anyway.
What???

I've sat in an admin sit with DEA Managers who have said they have mass-term'd Pinewood on 5+ occasions because of infobreaches and said they "re-opened" Pinewood to new residence.

I said nothing about GOC dropping chem-trails, and no the DEA doesn't need Csay or a GM to amnesticize Pinewood residence, even on a mass-scale.

I witnessed DEA mass-execute Pinewood civilians without any interrogation yesterday night. I have a literal clip of 3+ civilians getting firing-lined by DEA while being 100% cooperative. DEA kept us in garage for 25 minutes, never interrogated us, and killed us for no reason. My character knew nothing about any infobreach that was on-going as well.

I'm not requesting this be removed 100%, I am requesting it NEED approval of an SL member+. The same way D-Block Mass-Terms and Nukes are authorized.

Reactions: DaveDogs

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-support

Additionally: I'm sick of dealing with people who don't read my suggestion.

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Alrighty, here's what I'm going to say regarding this matter. Mass Kidnapping Civilians is somewhat fine, as long as an extremely good reasoning is given for it and it's properly roleplayed. (E.G after kidnapping them, you amnesticate them). Mass Terminating them is absolutely not okay, RDM rules still apply and they aren't exempt from the rules regardless of whatever role they may have within the server.

Reactions: DaveDogs and Kito
Status
Not open for further replies.