Accepted Dont allow 1276573453 proxys to be placed next to servers

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a rule so that the server room can't be filled with proximity mines

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Realism
Hacking missions are made possible

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Warfunds get stolen?? idk

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because I don't think it makes sense to place like 10kg of explosives ready to blow up at any time right inside the main building in your base and right next to the server that takes care of your warfunds.

If you didn't really understand the issue heres a clip: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/c...1/d1337hRwQOgr?invite=cr-MSx5d1IsMzI5NTc1MTAs

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Jun 24, 2022

My man I suggested this before and its not my fault it got denied.

-Neutral leaning towards +support

Also just go for CC? No one places them in there due NHC/SHHC Spawn in it.

Last edited:

My man I suggested this before and its not my fault it got denied.

-Neutral
it apparently got denied because "proxy mines are the only defence each hackable server has and we don't see it being fit removing this." ?????? i think sahns forgot that PEOPLE can go there and defend it and shoot people when denying the suggestion

also it could be made that instead of not allowing it completely you could only place 1 proxy or something, but it just makes no sense at all to place 10 of them

Jun 24, 2022
it apparently got denied because "proxy mines are the only defence each hackable server has and we don't see it being fit removing this." ?????? i think sahns forgot that PEOPLE can go there and defend it and shoot people when denying the suggestion

also it could be made that instead of not allowing it completely you could only place 1 proxy or something, but it just makes no sense at all to place 10 of them
In my time of MRP when I was NWO NATO used to do the same thing to be fair. I can see how this is unfair but this is my protest as well to get them removed.

Jun 24, 2022
also going to cc is pretty much out of the question most of the time since NATO cc is right next to helipads and a gate which usually has a lot of people, and we can't even go around it because theres an invisible wall now (i don't get why its there)
The invisible wall is there because in my time I used to jump over that wall and go to cc with that way(there was a small hill part I used to jump over the wall). You can get a car to jump over near the helipads and then quickly run behind the CC and then breach into it. ORRRR just blitz in with a vodnik. Also 1 more thing? Why does the hacker go first? the breacher should always go first to deal with the proxies.

Last edited:
The invisible wall is there because in my time I used to jump over that wall and go to cc with that way(there was a small hill part I used to jump over the wall). You can get a car to jump over near the helipads and then quickly run behind the CC and then breach into it. ORRRR just blitz in with a vodnik
yeah but if nato can grapple/jump on a car and go around the back of the cc why cant ussr do the same

To make it fair just allow like 3-4 to be placed inside , more than that makes no sense as the explosion will colapse the building.
yeah im not saying remove it but like make it so you can only have like 1 or 2 and i dont think it should be allowed to be placed right next to the server because you're supposed to protect it not destroy it

+support

other than the fact that it requires you to job abuse to place that many proxy's in a single room, it also makes it basically unnecessary to defend your base from enemy spies.

why would i run towards cc when theres 30 tons of proximity charged tnt in there, makes hacking missions harder without any actual effort put into defence

Jun 24, 2022
+support

other than the fact that it requires you to job abuse to place that many proxy's in a single room, it also makes it basically unnecessary to defend your base from enemy spies.

why would i run towards cc when theres 30 tons of proximity charged tnt in there, makes hacking missions harder without any actual effort put into defence
Vlad. Supply crates exist

Status
Not open for further replies.