Accepted E-11 Garage Spawn

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would add a garage spawn listing for E-11, same as DEA and Nu-7, alongside the present HCZ spawn

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes, there have been suggestions regarding tweaking where E-11 spawns since the HCZ update, however i do believe this is the first time a garage spawn specifically has been requested

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reduced Code Black and Code 5 times:
When breaches get to EZ and beyond, it can take about 5 minutes for E11 to get there in good numbers, and by the time they do they get slaughtered and have to start the trek again, this massively increases the time to recontain any SCPs, which can degrade RP around the site and turns the server into a free for all RDM fest.

Allows for flexibility in E-11 rp capabilities:
As the site's primary containment team, it could allow for cooperation between E-11 and Nu-7 in surface SCP containment and termination, or similar scenarios

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There are some possible negatives to be highlighted:
Backspawning, E-11 may backspawn on a GOI during a raid, however this issue is the same for Nu-7 and it up to the commanding team to ensure this doesn't occur
Taking away from Nu-7, in the scenario of a CI raid, it may be impulsive for E-11 to respawn to reinforce the site's defences, this again would have to be tackled by the COs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestion should be accepted in lieu of an LCZ spawn, an E-11 LCZ spawn was talked about, and temporarily effective a few months ago, but it didnt work as it used the same code and spawn radius as the garage spawn as it was a secondary spawn, this would require some coding to solve, so until that coding is done or as an alternative altogether, a garage spawn should be added to allow for E-11's flexibility around the site when it is required.

This spawn isnt for E-11 to take on surface duties and activity, it's for them to enter the site from the top down, quicker than they would from HCZ

Last edited:

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
why? SS spawn would be better
yeah but an SS spawn is presently not possible due to the large spawn radius used by secondary spawn zones, such as the one in garage, when we did have one some people where spawnning near LCZ inanimate or the ss staircase or PW, i explained that in my conclusion

Silent_

Jun 24, 2023
-support it's a good idea for E-11 but also wouldn't be fair for Nu-7/DEA as they can't spawn in HCZ during breaches

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
-support it's a good idea for E-11 but also wouldn't be fair for Nu-7/DEA as they can't spawn in HCZ during breaches
Yes but DEA have their LCZ spawns, and they dont require a HCZ spawn

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
-support, e11 shouldn't be on surface in the first place
Well that is entirely circumstantial, on a regular day no, of course not, hence why this spawn would be used for e11 to enter into the site not leave it

Playdoughzombie

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Nov 17, 2022
Arizona
gayballs.gov
-Support
This is extremely unneeded, however I could see this working if the spawn was only available during a code black in which they could spawn in garage but it still would really be unneeded unless scps are on surface.

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
Personally, I don't think E-11 need a spawn in garage, as it would go mostly unused, since breaches don't usually make it to surface unless foundation is really dumb, the SCP's are really coordinated, which doesn't happen often, or its low pop. The surface spawn would go pretty unused.

The better alternative for this would be give their spawn back in Security Sector, so that they can spawn either HCZ or LCZ, whichever is closer to the active breach

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
Personally, I don't think E-11 need a spawn in garage, as it would go mostly unused, since breaches don't usually make it to surface unless foundation is really dumb, the SCP's are really coordinated, which doesn't happen often, or its low pop. The surface spawn would go pretty unused.

The better alternative for this would be give their spawn back in Security Sector, so that they can spawn either HCZ or LCZ, whichever is closer to the active breach
So in the suggestion I state how this is not currently possible and the second best option is a garage spawn until the coding can be done for an LCZ spawn

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
+ support

+ Will help with code black e11 can clear things 1 by 1 instead of spawning oh no 7772 and again and again.
+ during 008 breaches same thing e11 can exactly act as a weak ERT entering site from garage clearing spores 1 by 1 instead of hcz lcz then ez then f2 then garage in that time nuke is already in place.

+ More RP for surface scps lore related E-11 respond to SCP Found on surface. This won't mean we take over nu7/Dea duties just assisting them. Balance will be a ic squadron with a member cap.
+ Events recently UK had some cool scp events but most of the time e11 isn't invited for surface scps that are related to goi or overall surface rp.

+ Respond time will increase. Not just dying/ walking simulation. When a scp is at fl2 or ez even lcz is a pain.

+/- balance against goi raids may change.
+/- E11 on surface can be good thing but also a bad one. ( unbalanced),
I suppose if this get accepted E11 NEEDS A GOOD AND VALID REASON TO LEAVE COMPOUND.

- back spawning during raids. Is already against the rules. So a staff issue.

More negative things I can't think of anymore.
Cooking is done.

Holland

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
-support

Just walk.

No need for fast travel options for everyone.

Wrath

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
May 17, 2023
-support
Why do you need a spawnpoint in garage... SS makes more sense, but when E11 had an SS spawn E11 complained I believe

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
-support makes no sense at all, an ss spawn would be better and it makes no sense in having e-11 up on surface since their bunks are in hcz

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
-Support
They used to have a spawn on surface im pretty sure but it was removed

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-support

Just walk.

No need for fast travel options for everyone.
me when i need to walk around all of HCZ, LCZ, F2 then to garage just to get headpopped by TG

+Support
Could allow E-11 to fight surface breaches aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.