Denied ERT manual calling

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives the ability for CL5 to call in ERT from the Site Command Operation Room on floor 3. This will have rules and protocols much like the nuke does meaning we cannot abuse the calling of ERT. This manual calling of ERT will only allow for 1 team of 3 people to be spawned into the world making it fairly balanced as opposed to the auto ERT which calls 3 teams of 3 people in.

Some rule ideas soo ERT isn't "abused by mingey CL5 members":
-ERT manual call may only occur during a 3+ SCP breach with a combined BMI of 80+
-ERT manual call may only occur after AA has been authorised
-ERT manual call may only occur when the breach has disrupted RP for more then 30 mins
-ERT manual call cannot be called within 15 minutes of the last ERT auto spawn member dieing
-ERT manual call may only be called if the SCPs can be contained with a little push from ERT

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Means breaches can be dealt with quicker allowing for RP to continue after SCPs have had their fun.
-If rules are properly implemented then we don't need to wait for a SSL to come on and auto spawn ERT for a breach that has already lasted a long time but ERT has not been called due to low deaths.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
SCP players may complain when ERT gets called in

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Considering Site Command are the people who are here to create RP, giving them the ability to end breaches to allow RP to continue would make sense without having to destroy the entire site wasting a lot of time.
If SCPs complain when ERT comes in a 3 man team instead of 9 man team then SCPs can respectfully cope because they then only deal with 1 turret, 1 LMG and 1 support based ERT member instead of 3 of each along side only having 3 SCP shields.

Last edited:

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
-Support
SCPs that are actively breached should be returned to their CC if they are "passive" if ERT is called, Since ERTs entire existence is to contain SCPs that is all they should be doing.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support entire purpose of ERT is a "soft nuke" they are designed to be OP so that they end breaches and because of that it shouldn't be something o5 can call in when they feel like it (even if it's regulated)

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
obvious -support ert dont need a nerf
-Support
SCPs that are actively breached should be returned to their CC if they are "passive" if ERT is called, Since ERTs entire existence is to contain SCPs that is all they should be doing.
I think you have missed the point of this suggestion...
ERT is not getting a nerf nor a buff, auto trigger for ERT will be available allowing the 9 player ERT to spawn but this suggestion is for when ERT doesn't get triggered or the breach is containable but just needs that little push we can trigger ERT to aid the containment.
Arachnid what you said didn't make sense to me. If an SCP passive RPs then that is fine and there are server rules in place for that. If you mean when they are beamed and therefore passive they should be sent back to the CC then that is what MTF would do. ERT would be manually called if the breach is still ongoing with SCPs breached but ERT hasn't been called even if it is a 30+ mins breach.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
I think you have missed the point of this suggestion...
ERT is not getting a nerf nor a buff, auto trigger for ERT will be available allowing the 9 player ERT to spawn but this suggestion is for when ERT doesn't get triggered or the breach is containable but just needs that little push we can trigger ERT to aid the containment.
Arachnid what you said didn't make sense to me. If an SCP passive RPs then that is fine and there are server rules in place for that. If you mean when they are beamed and therefore passive they should be sent back to the CC then that is what MTF would do. ERT would be manually called if the breach is still ongoing with SCPs breached but ERT hasn't been called even if it is a 30+ mins breach.
then i stand by my -support doesnt seem at all needed and most likely will be abused

if a breach needs that extra push get your mtf with AA to push instead of camping and complaining in ooc when the scp doesnt walk into their trap

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
+support I love the Foundation!

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
then i stand by my -support doesnt seem at all needed and most likely will be abused

if a breach needs that extra push get your mtf with AA to push instead of camping and complaining in ooc when the scp doesnt walk into their trap
how is this gonna be abused only Cl5 members can do it....
and if it is abused massive repercussions can happen
this litterly is just calling ERT manually

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
this suggestion is for when ERT doesn't get triggered or the breach is containable but just needs that little push we can trigger ERT to aid the containment.
how is this gonna be abused only Cl5 members can do it....
and if it is abused massive repercussions can happen
this litterly is just calling ERT manually

guys have i got news for you:
-support entire purpose of ERT is a "soft nuke" they are designed to be OP so that they end breaches and because of that it shouldn't be something o5 can call in when they feel like it (even if it's regulated)

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
+Support (on some of it)

I agree with the fact that CL5 should be able to call ERT, but not just some. I think CL5 should be able to call in ERT whenever, and the full ERT (consisting of the usual 3 teams of 3 people each).

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
+ Support
This should be implemented as sometimes ERT randomly gets deployed from 1 camping SCP that no one knew about or an SCP trying to do passive RP

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Big +Support

ERT most of the time get called when its too late. In RP it would make sense that we could call them that we need their help ASAP.

Example: 008 breach reaches LCZ, a Code Black gets called (If SC is on site), then ERT gets called when its already too far. It just wastes time and ruins the ability for passive RP to commence.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
the point of the 30 minutes is to allow scps to have their fun until ert come in and swoop in and contain the breaches i feel people dont understand erts purpose

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
Neutral -/+
I really like this idea but what if there are no CL5 online?

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Neutral -/+
I really like this idea but what if there are no CL5 online?
So ERT would still trigger like normal but if the breach hasn't triggered ERT yet then CL5 can call them in to aid or to hit the check list for a nuke. ERT must be called in before we can nuke the site to allow RP to continue.

But normal 3 teams 9 ERT total deployments will occur by the auto trigger.

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
-support i just dont see this working out great i can already see SC abusing this and erts OP loudouts its fine as it is

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
+Support (on some of it)

I agree with the fact that CL5 should be able to call ERT, but not just some. I think CL5 should be able to call in ERT whenever, and the full ERT (consisting of the usual 3 teams of 3 people each).
Let me fat check you.
Allowing an Cl5 to call ERT in whenever is an horrible idea have you thought of the abuse? Oh look a CI Raid call ERT!! oh look a scp that hasent been contained in under 5 mins and foundation is bit struggeling a bit! CALL ERT!! this suggestion was denied almost same for these reasons.

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
Big +Support

ERT most of the time get called when its too late. In RP it would make sense that we could call them that we need their help ASAP.

Example: 008 breach reaches LCZ, a Code Black gets called (If SC is on site), then ERT gets called when its already too far. It just wastes time and ruins the ability for passive RP to commence.
1. ERT is as a last resort and not for SC to abuse so they can call whenever.
2. SC will abuse it
3. When SC isn't onsite who is gonna call ERT?
4. ERT timer is set to 30 mins so scps could have some fun but its not meant for a SC to abuse it and call when a 2 scp breach happens because they felt it.
5. this suggestion has been denied before.
This suggestion is a horrible idea I dont get where you think its a good idea.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
Let me fat check you.
Allowing an Cl5 to call ERT in whenever is an horrible idea have you thought of the abuse? Oh look a CI Raid call ERT!! oh look a scp that hasent been contained in under 5 mins and foundation is bit struggeling a bit! CALL ERT!! this suggestion was denied almost same for these reasons.
Theres also a thing called FailRP. SL could deem it failrp for CL5 to call ER5 if there's CI, or call ERT within 10 or 15 minutes of an SCP breaching.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
SL could deem it failrp for CL5 to call ER5 if there's CI, or call ERT within 10 or 15 minutes of an SCP breaching.
the fact that so many rules would need to be clarified (as a lot of people have shown) alongside the fact that a good amount of O5 members cannot be warned (they need to be infractioned as staff/gm) shows how annoying this would be to implement

Status
Not open for further replies.