Denied ERT manual calling

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jun 6, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives the ability for CL5 to call in ERT from the Site Command Operation Room on floor 3. This will have rules and protocols much like the nuke does meaning we cannot abuse the calling of ERT. This manual calling of ERT will only allow for 1 team of 3 people to be spawned into the world making it fairly balanced as opposed to the auto ERT which calls 3 teams of 3 people in.

Some rule ideas soo ERT isn't "abused by mingey CL5 members":
-ERT manual call may only occur during a 3+ SCP breach with a combined BMI of 80+
-ERT manual call may only occur after AA has been authorised
-ERT manual call may only occur when the breach has disrupted RP for more then 30 mins
-ERT manual call cannot be called within 15 minutes of the last ERT auto spawn member dieing
-ERT manual call may only be called if the SCPs can be contained with a little push from ERT

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Means breaches can be dealt with quicker allowing for RP to continue after SCPs have had their fun.
-If rules are properly implemented then we don't need to wait for a SSL to come on and auto spawn ERT for a breach that has already lasted a long time but ERT has not been called due to low deaths.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
SCP players may complain when ERT gets called in

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Considering Site Command are the people who are here to create RP, giving them the ability to end breaches to allow RP to continue would make sense without having to destroy the entire site wasting a lot of time.
If SCPs complain when ERT comes in a 3 man team instead of 9 man team then SCPs can respectfully cope because they then only deal with 1 turret, 1 LMG and 1 support based ERT member instead of 3 of each along side only having 3 SCP shields.

Last edited:

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
A better idea would be to change how often ERT occurs, lets be honest sometimes ERT is being called when it's too late ,most of the time everything is RCd or already on surface.

the fact that so many rules would need to be clarified (as a lot of people have shown) alongside the fact that a good amount of O5 members cannot be warned (they need to be infractioned as staff/gm) shows how annoying this would be to implement
thats a good point yea. i didnt think about this, but youre right. although a nice feature, would take too much work

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
1. ERT is as a last resort and not for SC to abuse so they can call whenever.
2. SC will abuse it
3. When SC isn't onsite who is gonna call ERT?
4. ERT timer is set to 30 mins so scps could have some fun but its not meant for a SC to abuse it and call when a 2 scp breach happens because they felt it.
5. this suggestion has been denied before.
This suggestion is a horrible idea I dont get where you think its a good idea.
Bro do u not have that much trust in SC...

they arent some Mingy Gensec who goes around killing everyone for funny. Its run by people who generally devote there time to it and why waste it on ERT...

Actual IQ drop

Critical

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jun 6, 2022
I believe many people are also forgetting the fact that CL5 have access to activate the nuke and completely reset RP. I think calling in a squad of 3 ERT will not be abused otherwise you should say we abuse the nuke and call it when there is a 5 minute breach which we never do because CL5 do not abuse it.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
I believe many people are also forgetting the fact that CL5 have access to activate the nuke and completely reset RP. I think calling in a squad of 3 ERT will not be abused otherwise you should say we abuse the nuke and call it when there is a 5 minute breach which we never do because CL5 do not abuse it.
difference here is there is no benifit in immediatly nuking during a 5 min breach there is benifit in immediatly sending overpowered ert if CI raid that nuke wont help at all ci will literally fall back to garage let the nuke happen then enter while all mtf are dead infact you would be kicking yourself in the foot if you nuked during a ci raid

ERT being manual called by CL5 would need a fuck ton of rules to make it balanced if you changeed the suggestion to add rules that would be implemented alongside this ert suggestion i would gladly change my verdict

Critical

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jun 6, 2022
difference here is there is no benifit in immediatly nuking during a 5 min breach there is benifit in immediatly sending overpowered ert if CI raid that nuke wont help at all ci will literally fall back to garage let the nuke happen then enter while all mtf are dead infact you would be kicking yourself in the foot if you nuked during a ci raid

ERT being manual called by CL5 would need a fuck ton of rules to make it balanced if you changeed the suggestion to add rules that would be implemented alongside this ert suggestion i would gladly change my verdict
Rules would be discussed between SL and then handed down to SC. Rules will most likely be something like:
-ERT manual call may only occur during a 3+ SCP breach with a combined BMI of 80+
-ERT manual call may only occur when the breach has disrupted RP for more then 30 mins
-ERT manual call cannot be called within 15 minutes of the last ERT auto spawn member dieing
-ERT manual call may only be called if the SCPs can be contained with a little push from ERT

Other rules may be added, these may be changed, these may not exist at all. But this is what I would say is fair.

(Post edited too)

+Support
Would add a lore and RP friendly Site Command duty. I would expect that ERT would only be callable from the Site's emergency operations centre and that the size of the ERT would continue to be capped in relation to player count.
We are already trusted to hard reset RP through the Alpha Warhead, which in my opinion is a more significant responsibility than calling ERT.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Rules would be discussed between SL and then handed down to SC. Rules will most likely be something like:

Other rules may be added, these may be changed, these may not exist at all. But this is what I would say is fair.

(Post edited too)
okay this seems more fair i change my verdict to +support

Just gonna add that a manual call to ERT was accepted a while back in a suggestion I actually made, but then all the suggestions got deleted :skull:. I dunno if it is still in the works, but this was originally accepted for SA and SC with strict guidelines and regulations.
It was something planned to be made when ERT Was first created but they never got round to it.

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Critical,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. We will not be providing any players with access to manually trigger ERT. Only Senior Admins and above will have access to do so to prevent any abuse.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.