Denied Ethics/O1 Camera Room

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This will add an "Everywhere Camera Room" in the Ethics/O1 area, currently, it's hard for Ethics and O1 to use the camera system because it's at the will of O5/A1, the Ethics Committee is tasked with watching tests and sitewide procedures to ensure that the facility is running smoothly, adding this will help us fine runaways in all areas of the site, look into d block to see if a code 2 needs to be called/if Ethics is being upheld during code 2's, and many other crucial reasons for us to have this room.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Not having to wait/get denied to go to floor 2 to get access to the cameras
+ We can overlook the site's procedures to ensure Ethics is bring upheld
+ Finding people that are AOS by order of Ethics

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- I don't know if the camera system causes server lag

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think Ethics and O1 should have access to all site-wide cameras for the same reasons the O5/A1 get to use them, they have the CoC to enforce and we have the CoE to enforce. Ethics and O1 can benefit from having this system placed in a secure location in Ethics/O1 area (We won't have to ask to use the cameras as it is now currently on site)

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
+Support I dont see why not (However it was denied in the past)

• Love
Reactions: Dalton

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+Support I dont see why not (However it was denied in the past)
"Ethics can go to floor 3" It's kinda hard to do that when we have to be at the mercy of permission to do so. Hope I don't get denied for the same thing.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+/-

Would be giving full support if hadn't been denied before. Barely been a month so I'm assuming opinion hasn't changed in terms of balance.

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023

+support

An irritating part of the new camera system is the lack of accessibility for the Committee leaves a gap in the powers of one side of command to the other as the limited access for one side of Clearance-5 introduces a balancing issue, i.e. should Ethics wish to do something without O5 knowledge (investigations etc), meanwhile O5 are free to spy on the committee's actions. While it is the duty of the O5 council to oversee the site, the way in which our gameplay loop operates dictates ethics involvement into cases of arrest, detainment and also granting different authorisations such as Mass-Termination. While communication suffices 9/10 for the latter issue, in some cases awaiting approval to access the room in Floor-3 can be completely inconvenient, especially without an O5 present on site to authorise it (UK Side at least). The CCTV system itself is an extremely powerful enforcement tool that if equipped for the committee can prove to help increase roleplay in terms of gathering footage for tribunals, arrests etc.

However I have noticed that during any "search" or general access to the camera system, it does place an immense amount of lag to the local area if it is populated. If there is any way this could be resolved I think it would be brilliant.

• Love
Reactions: Dalton

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Oh dear lord the ethics committee are going to find out what I do!

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support
you guys just dont read other suggestions
this was already suggested and got denied cause its useless, ethics can literally just walk up to F3 if they want the master camera. O5/A1 shouldn't be blocking the camera for their use only as stated by SL previously and so theres no reason ethics shouldnt be able to access it.

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
-support
you guys just dont read other suggestions
this was already suggested and got denied cause its useless, ethics can literally just walk up to F3 if they want the master camera. O5/A1 shouldn't be blocking the camera for their use only as stated by SL previously and so theres no reason ethics shouldnt be able to access it.
you say this but there has been instances of o5/a1 and ethics/o1 causing major toxicity issues between each other because of this camera system accessibility, however i don't think this will be accepted as too many camera activities has been known to cause major server lag I'm sure someone can happily explain why ethics didn't originally get their own camera room but alas i cannot.

I do however hope though that in a world where we can have many more camera systems hooked up this could be a thing aside of department leads having a monitor in their room to access departmental related camera's IE: D-block or SS for CoS and so on

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
+ Support

As an ECA i would have no chance of being able to get up to the Floor 3 camera room but there are times that usage of the cameras would be immensely useful. It would also correct the balance since one side of SC gets a clear thing that the other wouldn't. I also dont believe it would effect any form of undercover raid as there are already cameras that can do the same in Floor 3.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
+ Support

As an ECA i would have no chance of being able to get up to the Floor 3 camera room but there are times that usage of the cameras would be immensely useful. It would also correct the balance since one side of SC gets a clear thing that the other wouldn't. I also dont believe it would effect any form of undercover raid as there are already cameras that can do the same in Floor 3.
I'm a bit neutral on this.
There should be no balance between Site Command branches. One side should have what the other covets. For example, the Overseer Council can't really wander around as freely as the Committee can. As such, they have access to the Cameras to facilitate that isolation. The Committee can always request a visit to Floor 3 to use the Camera system.

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-Support

Just means that O1 will sit on the cameras constantly, making it harder for D-Class to escape and distracting from their primary duties

Status
Not open for further replies.