Denied Give ci deepcover 3 Slots

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Changes ci deepcover slots from 2 to 3

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Makes it more fair goc get 3 slots : More people can use dc : More fun for deepcovers more versatility : More leadership

people comlpain when new ci alphas get ci dc and just mrdm and dont properly do a dc but if 3 people can use dc we can assign 1 Trusted CI nco and 2 new ci and the ci nco takes lead and teaches them to properly dc and has good leadership etc and it can be so much more

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: adding an extra dc slot may lead to issues such as more killing ni the facility more scps breaching with a competant team its also possible this could become very OP with 3 Deepcovers with lmgs and good disguises considering they if skilled enough can get out of 90% of situations through shooting or tlaking their way out

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: More people can use dcs i understand e-11 hate 008 breaches but ultimately i doubt this will increase 008 breaches for the main reason aslong as someone is guarding 008 it can never be breached cause of ts3 insta callout etc

Last edited:

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
-SUPPORT

Very little reasoning ( Basically none ) is given as to how this would be fun for the players - It's only 1 GOI getting a plus due to... it being more fun? Yes, of course, it would be a lot more fun for CI to have an additional DC with which you can pull off missions more successfully but this completely undermines players of the Foundation which already have to deal with 2 ( Often they're pretty obvious but there's little we can do because there's a 20 minute sit waiting for us if we do ( And they have a first-strike chance, making it very hard to retaliate when small groups go against them )).

The reality here is that fighting DCs anywhere is a pain - 008 breaches or not ( As you mentioned ) aren't the only point as to why fighting DCs is a pain, especially when you sit there and pray to all and any gods that 4 MTF are on so you can launch an early morning raid ( And I've witnessed it personally ). Regardless, it's a pain to fight 2 as you need 3-4 people to put them under FearRP and they can just split up and rejoin to kill the people that caught them red-handed, come from behind and kill them ( Avoiding FearRP entirely ) and having 3 slots would just increase this.

Yet again, this really benefits no one but CI and it's quite unfair and unfun to go against ( This is not something that would make it balanced so they have to cope - this is something that would make an annoying unit even worse and ridiculous to deal with. Currently at least a little effort is put into DC raids but giving them a 3rd would just make it piss easy.

Also it's kind of funny that the only people +SUPPORTing en masse are CI themselves ( Little bit on the nose, eh fellas? ).

• Haha
  • reaction_title.7
Reactions: Snow and Haji

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
this is a honest question do you ever +support anything lmao. ive like nver seen you +support anything, only -support.
Yes I do but I -support unbalanced ideas like this that only support 1 group and make it a pain for everyone else.

Reactions: Speff

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-SUPPORT

Very little reasoning ( Basically none ) is given as to how this would be fun for the players - It's only 1 GOI getting a plus due to... it being more fun? Yes, of course, it would be a lot more fun for CI to have an additional DC with which you can pull off missions more successfully but this completely undermines players of the Foundation which already have to deal with 2 ( Often they're pretty obvious but there's little we can do because there's a 20 minute sit waiting for us if we do ( And they have a first-strike chance, making it very hard to retaliate when small groups go against them )).

The reality here is that fighting DCs anywhere is a pain - 008 breaches or not ( As you mentioned ) aren't the only point as to why fighting DCs is a pain, especially when you sit there and pray to all and any gods that 4 MTF are on so you can launch an early morning raid ( And I've witnessed it personally ). Regardless, it's a pain to fight 2 as you need 3-4 people to put them under FearRP and they can just split up and rejoin to kill the people that caught them red-handed, come from behind and kill them ( Avoiding FearRP entirely ) and having 3 slots would just increase this.

Yet again, this really benefits no one but CI and it's quite unfair and unfun to go against ( This is not something that would make it balanced so they have to cope - this is something that would make an annoying unit even worse and ridiculous to deal with. Currently at least a little effort is put into DC raids but giving them a 3rd would just make it piss easy.

Also it's kind of funny that the only people +SUPPORTing en masse are CI themselves ( Little bit on the nose, eh fellas? ).
Literally half of the +supports are from CI trying to make themselves op

Reactions: Acey

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
so you are telling me 3 guys vs 125 people is unbalanced deepcovers have weak loudouts a spectre and a pistol for guns they have disguise kits also if you are telling me 3 men with pistols and smgs is unbalancved i do not know what to tell you
Yes cause Fear rping u would be impossible, It's already hard with 2 and are u forgetting that your DEEP COVERS aka u have Disguises u can get another gun lmao.

If u still wanna argue it then lemme paint a picture for u.

3 of u have MTF or GSD Disguises uve been reported in facility and ID checks are in. I'd checking one of u will be impossible since u can just kill us and the other 2 can back u up. Dcs are supposed to be hard since your infiltrating a highly secure (some what) facility

Oasis

Sep 6, 2022
my brother in christ try to actually infiltrate once in a while instead of "lets raid but i look like the enemy so they cant kill me"

if you disguised as a researcher or gensec and actually infiltrated so they'd trust you you'd see how far you can get

but ci dc only do the loop of "get in, get disguise, breach shit/supply dlock"

fat juicy sloppy engulfing -support

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
-Support(Everything here is based on the US server, not sure how it is on the UK server)
- Only one real positive tbh
- GOC has 3 slots but their loadouts are overall weaker & they're not gonna be used to breach an SCP or kidnap a CL5(We usually only steal documents & that's primarily from CI).
- More fun & more people can use it are not positives & they add absolutely nothing to your suggestion.
- In the end, the ONLY positive you made that is actually a positive is more versatility for DCs.
- Frequent breaches are already annoying & your suggestion is likely to cause even more of them(Which is something you stated as a negative).
- As someone else said, this causes issues with trying to FearRP & it's already difficult to FearRP two Deepcovers.
- "if skilled enough can get out of 90% of situations through shooting or tlaking their way out". Getting out of 90% of situations isn't balanced. I'm not sure how often they actually use Deepcovers on US, but I know I've seen them escape with prisoners & probably documents multiple times. I've seen some really good deepcover raids & honestly, I think they already succeed enough as it is. Adding on to that, as the ex-Delcom said, most Deepcovers just do a stupid loop that accomplishes nothing. Try to actually infiltrate & doing things like stealing documents. I have seen literal parawatch & MC&D come out of the foundation with level 4 & 5 documents.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-Support(Everything here is based on the US server, not sure how it is on the UK server)
- Only one real positive tbh
- GOC has 3 slots but their loadouts are overall weaker & they're not gonna be used to breach an SCP or kidnap a CL5(We usually only steal documents & that's primarily from CI).
- More fun & more people can use it are not positives & they add absolutely nothing to your suggestion.
- In the end, the ONLY positive you made that is actually a positive is more versatility for DCs.
- Frequent breaches are already annoying & your suggestion is likely to cause even more of them(Which is something you stated as a negative).
- As someone else said, this causes issues with trying to FearRP & it's already difficult to FearRP two Deepcovers.
- "if skilled enough can get out of 90% of situations through shooting or tlaking their way out". Getting out of 90% of situations isn't balanced. I'm not sure how often they actually use Deepcovers on US, but I know I've seen them escape with prisoners & probably documents multiple times. I've seen some really good deepcover raids & honestly, I think they already succeed enough as it is. Adding on to that, as the ex-Delcom said, most Deepcovers just do a stupid loop that accomplishes nothing. Try to actually infiltrate & doing things like stealing documents. I have seen literal parawatch & MC&D come out of the foundation with level 4 & 5 documents.
by 90% of situations i mean that 1 random intel agent using the name CI-D above my head to call his 2 intel buddys to ID check us and codeword check us

in my experience thats pretty much all the situations i deal with if 6 mtf come to us sorry but no matter how skilled that 3 dc team is they aint getting out alive

Second

-Support

GOC is fine to have it because they are, both in lore and in game play, a more "passive" faction. They only act when absolutely necessary or they have specific objectives. Most times they are peacekeepers and mediators between CI and F in gameplay.

CI is an offensive regiment with malicious intent, giving them more power in Deep Cover raids (some of the most disruptive acts CI can do) is just not it.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support
2 deep covers do more than an entire CI Main raid already as it is. It's actually crazy how great some deep cover players are and the power deep covers can actually have. Adding another slot is too much, they're in a good spot right now

Reactions: Snow

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
darren love you mate reading this fucking comments made my day better
+/- Support

Idk people are being bias about it

Reactions: Darren

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i get why people are not liking this but lets be honest if 3 dcs is game breaking 5 agent slots 5 operative slots and 4 ambassadors with 2 directors seems you know a little bit op there can be quite literally be 16 disguised people in ci base at max

BoltSive

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York

+Support

- Having 3 Deepcovers would make a DC mission more coordinated, every DC raid we could assign a DC leader to lead the 2 other DCs on their mission.

- Would also help with the new "Squadron" we are making with slots

- DC missions could be taken more seriously with a team of 3 people than 2

Overall Darren, I think you gave the wrong positives to this suggestion.

Reactions: Darren

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
how this would be fun for the players - It's only 1 GOI getting a plus due to... it being more fun?
the gameplay loop is (and has been) stale for so many months now- deepcover begins, sweep facility, guard 008, etc etc etc
more DC slots open opportunities for new raid strategies and situations that couldn't have happened before (like a completely fake test with fake gensec, researchers, AND d-class to sneakily gain SCP samples)
i'd imagine it would also give MTF units more to do as they'd not only have to deal with new situations they haven't faced before, but also just taking up time they would've spent guarding a random ass checkpoint for 2 hours
they have a first-strike chance, making it very hard to retaliate
you're acting like the only way to deal with a DC is to bumrush and shoot, or wait for them to kill you so you can spam eerily specific panic buttons and so on
here's a method to find DCs that i've never seen anybody do: USE INTERNAL AFFAIRS
not once in my life have I seen IA even try to deal with CI despite their namesake being based on the fact they deal with issues within the site: disguise as a chef alongside one or two other IA agents, covertly follow this person until they eventually slip up
if they shoot one of you- great, you have two other agents who they likely don't know about who can call it and proceed to kill the DC, or better yet, ARREST THEM
benefits no one but CI and it's quite unfair and unfun to go against
you can never know if you don't try :^)))
as i've said many times before people always complain that ci never do anything but kill kill kill, and when a possible change is suggested noone wants to implement it lol
Try to actually infiltrate & doing things like stealing documents.
thing is this suggestion would make for more situations where we can do stuff like this (although i understand us & uk are gonna have differences and im honestly surprised anybody has ever played parawatch and not been a minge)

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
i get why people are not liking this but lets be honest if 3 dcs is game breaking 5 agent slots 5 operative slots and 4 ambassadors with 2 directors seems you know a little bit op there can be quite literally be 16 disguised people in ci base at max
The difference is we arent try to cause chaos Darren

IA is police and helps keep order.

Intel cant do a DC without Director or SA approval and reason

And I've never seen intel slots all full and if 16 people get keycards and disguises of CI the that's just a skill issue

Status
Not open for further replies.