Denied Give Internal Affairs an Armory

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Copy External Affair's office layout and replace the small CL 4 coded room (isn't used ever) with an Armory for Internal Affairs to use. All sensitive documents will be moved from the old room into Directors offices.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I think so. My suggestion is pretty bare bones, and a subject like this doesn't really have room to be variable. We need an armory, period.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Allows Internal Affairs personnel to obtain armor, ammunition, and weapons just like every other department (minus research).

Mitigates Internal Affairs personnel from infringing on other department's jurisdictions to access their armories.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None, this suggestion is goated.

In all seriousness, I don't see a single issue with it. Every other department has one and it isn't fair for IA to be deprived. It's also not fair for IA to depend on other departments to retrieve supplies.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The suggestion should be accepted because IA needs to stop utilizing armories from other departments whilst also being able to retrieve supplies so they may continue to do their job without having to go out of their way to annoy/get in the way of other departments to resupply.

"Ghost"

Nov 20, 2023
-Support
-Yet another entity on the map
-IA are Non-Combative most of the time
-IA Shouldn't need increased
weaponry
-An almost identical post was made at 22:12 (2.5 Hours before this)
+This one uses the format, the other one didn't

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
so funnily enough
not only has this been suggested and denied on multiple occasions
there is also an active suggestion that basically asks for this (albeit it doesn't follow the format, but still)

anyway yeah, as much as i understand the denial reasons and why not, i +Supported it then, i
+Support
it now.
Non combative
IA isn't combative
so this is actually not true - they're combative only for the purposes of pursuing an arrest. they can't seek out combat or help defend against breaches & raids.

but yeah... it's an entity. admittedly, a lot of entity space was freed up when the decal system changed over

as for the actual armoury itself, i think it should just be a nerfed version of the normal armoury that only gives like, full heal, full armour, scrambles & NVGs... maybe also a worse tranq. idk. i think this could be explored and i'm sad that it's not.

Jun 4, 2023
so funnily enough
not only has this been suggested and denied on multiple occasions
there is also an active suggestion that basically asks for this (albeit it doesn't follow the format, but still)

anyway yeah, as much as i understand the denial reasons and why not, i +Supported it then, i
+Support
it now.

so this is actually not true - they're combative only for the purposes of pursuing an arrest. they can't seek out combat or help defend against breaches & raids.

but yeah... it's an entity. admittedly, a lot of entity space was freed up when the decal system changed over

as for the actual armoury itself, i think it should just be a nerfed version of the normal armoury that only gives like, full heal, full armour, scrambles & NVGs... maybe also a worse tranq. idk. i think this could be explored and i'm sad that it's not.
Yes, they're combative when pursuing an arrest but aren't allowed to seek out combat, if you're attempting to FearRP with a fellow agent they shouldn't shoot at you (cause that'd be breaking FearRP.) If you're doing it alone, you're not doing it right. You shouldn't need armor and if you really do just go to SS. It's a small walk. Also I don't see where in IA offices currently an armory can be while being secure.

IA doesn't have to be combative to have an Armory. We need guns to make arrests and can be combative as long as we don't actively seek GOI's or SCP's. We still need armor, still need night-vision, still need scramblers, we deserve all the same equipment as the other departments and us simply being IA shouldn't be a reason to deny us an armory.

Medbay armory is heavily restricted and thus that argument is terrible.

I can make the same argument to any other department: "Go use security sector armory" and I'd get GLARE from them.

Every department with their own armory is starting to heavily restrict access to armories so I don't understand why we cannot have our own armory given this fact.

Jun 4, 2023
IA doesn't have to be combative to have an Armory. We need guns to make arrests and can be combative as long as we don't actively seek GOI's or SCP's. We still need armor, still need night-vision, still need scramblers, we deserve all the same equipment as the other departments and us simply being IA shouldn't be a reason to deny us an armory.

Medbay armory is heavily restricted and thus that argument is terrible.

I can make the same argument to any other department: "Go use security sector armory" and I'd get GLARE from them.

Every department with their own armory is starting to heavily restrict access to armories so I don't understand why we cannot have our own armory given this fact.
We've begun restricting our armory from IA because IA abuses it. If armor is this important to performing your duties using medical armory in an emergency or just making the short trip to SS is not that hard.

The only thing I will agree on is spawning with 100 armor.

Reactions: Chad
We've begun restricting our armory from IA because IA abuses it. If armor is this important to performing your duties using medical armory in an emergency or just making the short trip to SS is not that hard.

The only thing I will agree on is spawning with 100 armor.
Again, Medbay armory is restricted. Actually, it's a lot less restricted than yours. Regardless, we cannot use it. I respect DoM's decision and thus I respect DEA leadership's decision. IA deserves their own armory

Jun 4, 2023
Again, Medbay armory is restricted. Actually, it's a lot less restricted than yours. Regardless, we cannot use it. I respect DoM's decision and thus I respect DEA leadership's decision. IA deserves their own armory
For a while we had the exact same restrictions as medbay armory but it still saw abuse from CL4 and CL3 IA.

If this suggestion was about spawning with 100 armor and maybe an ammo pile, I'd be fine with it.

For a while we had the exact same restrictions as medbay armory but it still saw abuse from CL4 and CL3 IA.

If this suggestion was about spawning with 100 armor and maybe an ammo pile, I'd be fine with it.
I can speak for all of IA when I say: No one wants to spend 2-3 minutes every life running to security sector for a decent firearm, and armor. That trip is especially hard during a blackout or code 4 emergency.

You may be fine with IA spawning with 100 armor and ammo with nothing else, but we aren't. I urge others to look at it from our perspective.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
question:

what about a small mapping change that adds a room between the DEA and IA officers, then connects both with a single, small hallway & door - in which is their shared armoury? and then if IA abuse that, it can be resolved either IC or by staff depending on how it was abused

question:

what about a small mapping change that adds a room between the DEA and IA officers, then connects both with a single, small hallway & door - in which is their shared armoury? and then if IA abuse that, it can be resolved either IC or by staff depending on how it was abused
I very much doubt DEA would appreciate sharing an Armory with us.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
question:

IA are super toxic too DEA so I would prefer not to have that.

Feb 26, 2023
+
Ammo stash, NVG/SCRAMBLE station, spawning with 100 AP
EDIT +Armour station

-
Armoury

I'm not saying IA doesn't need these supplies, but I question why you would need such readily access to additional arms. The resources a gun locker provides are guns, shields, NVGs/SCRAMBLESs, armour and ammo, which I see the use cases for most, save the guns. Thinking in terms of balance, which is probably the main basis on which this suggestion could be denied, you're talking about arming another department with pretty powerful rifles, and with how regularly I see agents involving themselves with GENSEC duties, this may tip balance if unregulated. All the guns you can obtain from a locker are probably better than those an IA agent spawns with, making IA about as equally powered as another CL3 combatant. Again, only encouraging IA to involve themselves in combative situations uncharacteristic to the department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.