Denied Give Internal Affairs an Armory

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Copy External Affair's office layout and replace the small CL 4 coded room (isn't used ever) with an Armory for Internal Affairs to use. All sensitive documents will be moved from the old room into Directors offices.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I think so. My suggestion is pretty bare bones, and a subject like this doesn't really have room to be variable. We need an armory, period.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Allows Internal Affairs personnel to obtain armor, ammunition, and weapons just like every other department (minus research).

Mitigates Internal Affairs personnel from infringing on other department's jurisdictions to access their armories.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None, this suggestion is goated.

In all seriousness, I don't see a single issue with it. Every other department has one and it isn't fair for IA to be deprived. It's also not fair for IA to depend on other departments to retrieve supplies.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The suggestion should be accepted because IA needs to stop utilizing armories from other departments whilst also being able to retrieve supplies so they may continue to do their job without having to go out of their way to annoy/get in the way of other departments to resupply.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
+
Ammo stash, NVG/SCRAMBLE station, spawning with 100 AP
EDIT +Armour station

-
Armoury

I'm not saying IA doesn't need these supplies, but I question why you would need such readily access to additional arms. The resources a gun locker provides are guns, shields, armour and ammo, of which I see why IA need the armour and shields, but not the guns. Thinking in terms of balance, which is probably the main basis on which this suggestion could be denied, you're talking about arming another department with pretty powerful rifles, and with how regularly I see agents involving themselves with GENSEC duties, this may tip balance if unregulated. All the guns you can obtain from a locker are probably better than those an IA agent spawns with, making IA about as equally powered as another CL3 combatant. Again, only encouraging IA to involve themselves in combative situations uncharacteristic to the department.
Pretty powerful rifles is wild. I'm sorry but armory weapons are NOT that good, infact, they are probably the more lackluster guns. People who don't have permas are restricted to using armory weapons in which only i'd say 3 are decent. RGP-5, ACR, and Nova are pretty much the only viable guns in there whilst everything else is just not great.

Do we need riot shields? Sometimes, but not really. The armory is mainly for guns, night-vision, scrambles, armor, health, ammo, and convenience. Riot shields we'd realistically only use if a lockdown on D-Block is needed (actually hell keeping everyone from entering).

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
i mean if that's the change that gets you to actually have an armoury in some form, then they should probably suck it up
I think neither department would appreciate that change. DEA have made it clear IA has been removed from using it so the idea of us sharing one I think just wouldn't be good for either party involved. It'd be super crowded in a tiny room like that anyway assuming it is built the way the GSD Captain & Chief armory is where the armory is a connector between both offices.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
Pretty powerful rifles is wild. I'm sorry but armory weapons are NOT that good, infact, they are probably the more lackluster guns. People who don't have permas are restricted to using armory weapons in which only i'd say 3 are decent. RGP-5, ACR, and Nova are pretty much the only viable guns in there whilst everything else is just not great.

Do we need riot shields? Sometimes, but not really. The armory is mainly for guns, night-vision, scrambles, armor, health, ammo, and convenience. Riot shields we'd realistically only use if a lockdown on D-Block is needed (actually hell keeping everyone from entering).
hey man, the rgp and the acr are goated, put either in the hands of a semi decent player and theyll clean house
whether they're good or not, still better than what ia get on spawn

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
hey man, the rgp and the acr are goated, put either in the hands of a semi decent player and theyll clean house
whether they're good or not, still better than what ia get on spawn
But that's what i'm saying! We need an armory so we can actually use these weapons every life without running a mile to SS to retrieve them! RGP-5 and ACR don't even make a dent into the perma weapon meta but it's quite literally the only decent options we have outside of spending money.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
IA aren't combative obviously but additionally there's armouries around the place for the occasions they would need it. Just unnecessary imo

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support you're right next to security sector

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support

not a combative orientated regiment, doesn't need armory. Keep prop amount down

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support you dont need bigger guns to perform arrests, you spawn with what you need already, not combative

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
-support the amount of IA interfering with raids or going after SCP breaches is already high enough, dont need an armory to encourage them to be even more combative

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Massive Support

If not an amory please just put a table with shield that comes up, IA is the police, they get shot at, and they deal with the scums of the foundation, please just give them an armor prop so they don't get striked or job banned for doing a harmless task of going into DEA'S office to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.