Accepted GOC 1k Pounder buff

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Buffs the 1000 pound bomb for GOC so it does additional damage against SCP targets, upword of 10k would seem reasonable for a 2 hour cooldown and a cost measured in millions, but this number is flexible, as long as it's above the current 1k damage direct-hit it does.

Alternative is to reduce it's cost or cooldown making it into a more general purpose bomb, but honestly that's what the air-strike is for.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More reason to use the 2 million dollar bomb.
+ SCPs can actually take reasonable damage from a perfectly timed bomb that direct hits.
+ It will do more damage than the air-strike when deployed.
+ Justification for a 2 million dollar spend, and a 2 hour cooldown once deployed.
+ Makes the GOC more reliable for utterly destroying SCPs that they can, and can definitely assist with capturing SCPs once used.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- 10k might be too high, but frankly with the cooldown, cost, etc. I think it's perfectly justifiable as a miss results in a 2 hour wait.
- It would utterly wipe out non-SCP targets, but we aren't allowed(or don't) use 1k bombs on non-SCPs.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, theres no real reason to use a 1k bomb outside of the air-strike being on active cooldown. It is harder to aim(being dropped at an arc), more expensive(2 million), with a massive cooldown(2 hours), literally no damage increase over an air-strike(both do 1k to SCPs and players), with less use cases(only called on SCPs).

I'd either like to see it get buffed damage-wise, or have it be a general purpose bomb with the same damage, but a lower cool down and cost, closer to the air-strike.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveDogs

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Its laughable that a 1k pound bomb only does 1k damage.

Reactions: Kito

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
+Support

I don't care how many times SL says this is happening, I will keep supporting 1000lb bomb buff suggestions!

Good numbers, makes it worth the cost. Also fix the inconsistency, it's time to splash is quite varied.

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- 10k might be too high, but frankly I do not care, it's an SCP on the surface, they can press F2 or die to a 10k if we see them.
I'm going to be honest, I can see upping the damage but that's probably not a good thing to put as a negative. We have to balance out both side of the coin and just say they can just die is not exactly a good negative for the suggestion.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-Support

10k is half of the health of the surface SCPs I agree with a damage buff but 10k is waaaay too high
Easy fix: Don't stand still for 30s.
I'm going to be honest, I can see upping the damage but that's probably not a good thing to put as a negative. We have to balance out both side of the coin and just say they can just die is not exactly a good negative for the suggestion.
Its true though, they can either F2, or get bombed if we see them and they stand still. It's not rocket science. I'll re-word it to say "take 10k damage" instead.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
Reworded it for ya.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
+support.

2 mag dumps from an ARX does around 1k damage

This should have been changed long ago with how useless it is

Last edited:

Second

+Support
The 1000lb Bomb is impossible to actually hit on-target due to how half the time the B-2 just sits there and doesn't drop the bomb, at the very least it could do more than 1k damage. I have hit 8854 dead on with him within a foot of the bombs landing zone and it did 134 damage. One hundred damage, for 2m warfund and a 2h cooldown.

Fix the bug where it doesn't drop and make it do more damage.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi Kito,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We still will be looking into damage numbers.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.