Denied Hostage suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.

Shibby

Aug 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This post is to make a suggestion for the kidnapping of high ranking individuals such as SC or NHC have more influence with what happens to a campaign or the actual lore. At the moment, I see people negotiating the minimum price in money for high command which is ridiculous. If someone like that were to be captured, you would be trying your hardest to get him back. The negotiating should be in the favour of those who successfully kidnapped a high ranker. If the death of the high command (in roleplay) effected campaign score or war score in a significant way, negotiating would be a lot more intense and actually meaningful, and so would the rescue attempts.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I do not know.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- A lot more engagement in a kidnapping. Actual negotiations instead of people offering chocolate for a high command.
- Roleplay impact on critical decisions, usually it does not matter if someone is taken.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- The side who has lost their high rank might have to pay a lot more than normal.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It would make negotiations and kidnapping situations actually important and would stop low ranks getting involved and messing around.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Aleem Abdul

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
May 16, 2023
i would agree i think its a good base idea but idk how this would be enforced and it just makes it even worse than it already is for high command to leave base

Reactions: ZLT49A

Straight

Jul 12, 2023
+support, i get what your saying but your solution is quite weak, like how do we make sure that the kidnapper’s side actually get the reward they should get? Should executions occur? And do rescue attempts drive the price up even more now?

Shibby

Aug 18, 2022
+support, i get what your saying but your solution is quite weak, like how do we make sure that the kidnapper’s side actually get the reward they should get? Should executions occur? And do rescue attempts drive the price up even more now?
If the side who got their high ranker taken does not negotiate, then its in favour of the kidnappers side. If side with the lost high ranker doesnt negotiate, then they will have their high ranker killed and have a loss to the campaign. So they would want to do a more temporary solution like a helicopter trade. And executions would occur if they do not want to negotiate. It would be more realistic so that the kidnappers side have the advantage.

Shibby

Aug 18, 2022
-support
it is already bad for RC+ to leave base as it is
A high command shouldnt be out of base alone in the first place. They are in charge of the entire army. As long as they have 3 other people with them, they cannot get kidnapped. The only time I really see a high command outside of base is to help build fobs and I think if they encouraged people especially AOR to come out and protect them, it could build another aspect of roleplay.

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
+Support
I've personally seen it happen a couple a times where a high command (me at the time), was kept for 90 minutes, this suggestion encourages players to actually pay for their hc.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
A high command shouldnt be out of base alone in the first place. They are in charge of the entire army. As long as they have 3 other people with them, they cannot get kidnapped. The only time I really see a high command outside of base is to help build fobs and I think if they encouraged people especially AOR to come out and protect them, it could build another aspect of roleplay.
actualy not. we as aor are encouraged to stay inside and protect sc/cc we have to arrest people who wont listen and go outside base. also it is rare to find a group of 4 people willing to help build up a fob.

miceal

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Jul 19, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Shibby , Your suggestion has been denied, this is because It will take too much dev time for such a small suggestion, Thank you for taking your time for making your suggestion.