Pending Review IA senior agent

On-Hold and / or under current review, please allow us time.

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would be adding a Senior agent to internal affairs. This job would be CL3 spawning with similar gear to an operative/Agent, A whitelisted role that would require being whitelisted for it, Either by DoIA (Or even potentially ambassadors). The core purpose of the job to serve as a CL3.5 job, Someone who could potentially be trusted with a limited amount of CL4 info. For example to help with investigations into CL4 topics. Perhaps even entrusted with specific tools like a Tranqulisizer. The title for this job would be "Senior operative" to avoid confusion with the DEA Senior agent role.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...ment-of-internal-affairs-modifications.16670/ - My suggestion just involves adding a senior agent. Rather than the "Supervisor ambassador", As I think the current chain from Amb to DoIA is fine. Just the transition from Agent to Amb. (Ty Apollo)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More roles for IA, Allowing them to semi balance with DEA's current count of 7.
Gives a "Trusted" role within IA that is not a CL4 position, Would also give a stepping stone into learning a CL4 position.
Gives agents another role they can turn to for advice besides ambassadors.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Too many internal affairs slots (People don't like IA being IA).
Perhaps a role that could be worked out in lore/RP rather than a full job slot (Would be extremely difficult to maintain)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I think this should be accepted as IA are lacking in the roles department. Currently they stand as one of the smallest departments. Even D-class have the same amount as internal affairs do and given their position as a main deterrant for bad actors within some aspects (Without using lethal force). It's hard for ambassadors to balance their job of helping teach new agents along with their own CL4 work (Given only 4 of them can be on site at any given time). Having a middleman to keep the more common stuff from becoming an overflowing force would be great. The only real downsides I could see is other departments not enjoying having a different type of IA watching their every move.

Edit: Added previous suggestion.

Last edited:

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
+Support

ambassadors shouldnt have to essentially act as sr agents, and should be able to actually do their job

Reactions: Zen

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
+support
IA needs that bridge between regular agent and ambassador

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
+SUPPORT

DEA has it and its an incredibly useful tool to assess potential Special Agents, IA should have the same luxury. This should include an Agency Manager equivalent.

"Apollo"

Jun 10, 2023
+Support
-More IA Slot's
-IA is prolly gonna be more active

Not to my knowledge (if it has been feel free to link it)

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
+/- Support (Leaning to + support)
IA needs a role in-between agent/operative and Ambassador, it is way too big of a gap.
DEA has Sr Agent for this reason... why don't we?
Sr Agent or some equivalent of this concept would allow people to slowly ease into the duties/responsibilities of a CL 4 without being thrown into the mix recklessly like it is now.

Who is going to train Sr Agents? Ambassador has a lot of responsibility already (At least on US).

I'd be happy to host tryouts and do that as an Ambassador, similar to that of DEA Sr Agent tryouts. The only issue is again, I got enough on my plate, being responsible for training agents/operatives, blacklisting people, and being the first requested to deal with a questionable arrest. It has been mandated that we hold a training/lecture once a week. This seems like a big cope, but it serves only to prove that this suggestion isn't flawless. I welcome the suggestion, and with the issue I present, I am confident our 2 fantastic directors will think about a solution if implemented. I think this is overall a good suggestion and I wish to see it put in place.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
The gap between Agent and Ambassador is huge, and having Ambassador be the first promotion from Agent is ridiculous. You go from being a newbie agent role to part of the department leadership in one step and it means you have to learn everything all at once about how to run investigations, tribunals, etc. that new agents don't necessarily have to know.

Having this role would allow a much more reasonable path of progression, where you don't need to learn as much all at once and can do it more gradually, and department leadership can guide new players through the department more gradually and see potential new actual Ambassadors more easily.

In terms of the role itself, there's a bunch of different suit models that can be used that aren't used with the IA colour/material scheme, so there's already available models. It could also have e.g. a tranq gun to help with arrests, as at this level they can likely be trusted with it, and we could do with having more of them to help with the people that try to run.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+ Support
Maybe have a rank above Ambass that serves a similar role to Agency Manager for DEA

Last edited:

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
+Support

I'm one of the directors of IA (US) we currently are working on something that having senior agents to progress into would work out great.