Pending Review IA senior agent

On-Hold and / or under current review, please allow us time.

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would be adding a Senior agent to internal affairs. This job would be CL3 spawning with similar gear to an operative/Agent, A whitelisted role that would require being whitelisted for it, Either by DoIA (Or even potentially ambassadors). The core purpose of the job to serve as a CL3.5 job, Someone who could potentially be trusted with a limited amount of CL4 info. For example to help with investigations into CL4 topics. Perhaps even entrusted with specific tools like a Tranqulisizer. The title for this job would be "Senior operative" to avoid confusion with the DEA Senior agent role.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...ment-of-internal-affairs-modifications.16670/ - My suggestion just involves adding a senior agent. Rather than the "Supervisor ambassador", As I think the current chain from Amb to DoIA is fine. Just the transition from Agent to Amb. (Ty Apollo)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More roles for IA, Allowing them to semi balance with DEA's current count of 7.
Gives a "Trusted" role within IA that is not a CL4 position, Would also give a stepping stone into learning a CL4 position.
Gives agents another role they can turn to for advice besides ambassadors.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Too many internal affairs slots (People don't like IA being IA).
Perhaps a role that could be worked out in lore/RP rather than a full job slot (Would be extremely difficult to maintain)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I think this should be accepted as IA are lacking in the roles department. Currently they stand as one of the smallest departments. Even D-class have the same amount as internal affairs do and given their position as a main deterrant for bad actors within some aspects (Without using lethal force). It's hard for ambassadors to balance their job of helping teach new agents along with their own CL4 work (Given only 4 of them can be on site at any given time). Having a middleman to keep the more common stuff from becoming an overflowing force would be great. The only real downsides I could see is other departments not enjoying having a different type of IA watching their every move.

Edit: Added previous suggestion.

Last edited:

Chip “Nova”

Jul 16, 2022
+Support DEA has a full on department full of complete jobs while IA only have 3 playable jobs. IA needs another rank / job, seriously

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
alright new counterpoint:
instead IA should get a "señor agent"

it's the same, but you must speak in an offensively stereotypical spanish or mexican accent while on duty

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
+Support;

Maybe give them a tranq gun too? I could also see benefits of a Senior Agent internally with them being granted more leniency on going to certain areas, etc.

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
+rep IA needs to DEA treatment and Chain of Command

Agent/Operative > Sr. Agent > Ambassador > Manager > Director/Deputy

Not even asking a DEA Treatment. Personally just a
Agent > Sr. Agent > Amb> DOIA
is enough for me. I wouldn't fight a step between amb and DOIA Tho

Reactions: Niox and Zen

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Up For Further Discussion

Hi Merrick,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to put your suggestion up for internal discussion.

While we believe Sr Agent would be beneficial for IA, there are a few kinks to work out in terms of their title, authority, loadout, and purpose on site. These are being discussed internally by CT and Judge

Your suggestion will be tagged with the pending review flair and left up for players to continue to respond.​