Pending Review IA senior agent

On-Hold and / or under current review, please allow us time.

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would be adding a Senior agent to internal affairs. This job would be CL3 spawning with similar gear to an operative/Agent, A whitelisted role that would require being whitelisted for it, Either by DoIA (Or even potentially ambassadors). The core purpose of the job to serve as a CL3.5 job, Someone who could potentially be trusted with a limited amount of CL4 info. For example to help with investigations into CL4 topics. Perhaps even entrusted with specific tools like a Tranqulisizer. The title for this job would be "Senior operative" to avoid confusion with the DEA Senior agent role.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...ment-of-internal-affairs-modifications.16670/ - My suggestion just involves adding a senior agent. Rather than the "Supervisor ambassador", As I think the current chain from Amb to DoIA is fine. Just the transition from Agent to Amb. (Ty Apollo)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More roles for IA, Allowing them to semi balance with DEA's current count of 7.
Gives a "Trusted" role within IA that is not a CL4 position, Would also give a stepping stone into learning a CL4 position.
Gives agents another role they can turn to for advice besides ambassadors.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Too many internal affairs slots (People don't like IA being IA).
Perhaps a role that could be worked out in lore/RP rather than a full job slot (Would be extremely difficult to maintain)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I think this should be accepted as IA are lacking in the roles department. Currently they stand as one of the smallest departments. Even D-class have the same amount as internal affairs do and given their position as a main deterrant for bad actors within some aspects (Without using lethal force). It's hard for ambassadors to balance their job of helping teach new agents along with their own CL4 work (Given only 4 of them can be on site at any given time). Having a middleman to keep the more common stuff from becoming an overflowing force would be great. The only real downsides I could see is other departments not enjoying having a different type of IA watching their every move.

Edit: Added previous suggestion.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
there are a few kinks to work out in terms of their title, authority, loadout, and purpose on site.
i think the big thing that's been raised with the jump from agent to ambassdor, is

the way things currently are, is:
IA Agent/Operative: basic investigation and arrests of FLC breaks, etc. additionally, individually-given assignments that IA see fit to give

Ambassador: above, plus potentially investigating/arresting personnel that agents & operatives aren't allowed to, such as MTF members, plus jr CL4 responsibilities, plus inducting new IA agents/operatives, plus overseeing all agents/operatives below them, plus departmental busybody work such as potentially managing documents, engaging with other departments, especially site admin, etc.

DoIA: above (with more focus on department management, busybody work and departmental oversight), plus overseeing departmental policy

like as it is, ambassador suddenly gets all of these responsibilities up from agent/operative. i think something that would be more ideal for senior agent would be increased authority and responsibility when compared to agent, but less than ambassador - senior agent being like agent/operative and is more towards the site than it is to the department. so the jump from agent to senior agent is, you're still doing groundwork, but you're trustable with more of it, more complex stuff, who you're able to apprehend - then ambassador is when you start pivoting towards more of a departmental focus while not only retaining that authority and those powers, but they increase.

so a senior agent, when compared to an IA agent/operative, can investigate more, they are trusted to do more - hold more people accountable to the FLC - while compared to an ambassador, isn't inducting anyone, isn't necessarily overseeing people below them (although they should be encouraged to report issues with agents/operatives or even other senior agents, to ambassador+), they aren't a jr CL4 position and they aren't in a position of authority when it comes to documents or department policy.

the point is that they should be to - while not detracting from ambassador, take a lot of the weight off them, because you suddenly get a lot of duties as an ambassador, compared to agent/operative; it's also potentially difficult for IA to determine who should and shouldn't become an ambassador based on IA experience alone, especially since IA agent/operative is seen largely as a minge job, which means that to have any decent practical chance of becoming an ambassador, you need quantitative experience in other positions, to show that you can be trusted in that position, which in itself defeats the point of intra-department progression.

i do otherwise agree that there's a lot to reconcile here

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zen

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
Was told this was already approved and they just needed to add a name to it, got put on the backlog for discussion I think. Need to be added.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
It'd also be pretty useful to have a CL4 agent role that isn't involved in department management but can arrest CL4s, run investigations, etc. - I'd go for a role like that, but I wouldn't want to apply for Ambassador as it is

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
bump, i like this suggestion and dont want it to die out

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
I'll donate some organs to see this happen sooner!

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
  • CL4
  • Between Agent and Ambassador
  • Can arrest junior CL4s
  • Can take part in CL4 investigations
  • Not part of department management