Denied Lower the requirement for ERT to deploy

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Lower the requirement for ERT to deploy (Either SCP kills threshold and/or breach time)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Allow ERT to be called on time if no SSL is online to force call them
Allow breaches to be cleared up faster so PassiveRP can occur more

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
May discourage people from wanting to breach due to the fact that if they do well, they get punished by ERT
May discourage CI from doing a HCZ raid and breach SCP's if ERT arrives faster.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, ERT MOST of the times gets deployed far too late. Either during a 008 breach where they already infected the entire site and are nearing surface or are already on surface. This suggestion isn't comming from a one time occurance, but from alot of occasions. This would provide a bigger oppertunity for breaches to get contained faster, so PassiveRP can continue.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Scps would get no fun 10 min breach and ert insta come and instant RC the scps nah -support

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Scps would get no fun 10 min breach and ert insta come and instant RC the scps nah -support
I didnt specify that, I am unsure on what the current requirements are but if a breach is going for 20-30 minutes and ERT still hasn't been called, then thats a problem.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
I didnt specify that, I am unsure on what the current requirements are but if a breach is going for 20-30 minutes and ERT still hasn't been called, then thats a problem.
i thought at 30 minutes ert was automatically called?

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
i thought at 30 minutes ert was automatically called?
From my understanding there are a few factors at play The length of time a breach has been going on the amount of kills breached SCPs have and what SCPs that are breached. The last one is mainly for 008 breaches. These all play into when ERT gets called so breaches can last a long time if the SCP hasnt got many kills. ERT, To my Knowledge doesnt auto call at thirty minutes and I have seen breaches last 1.5 hours without ERT being called. ERT was only called when SCP 008 was fail breached. I do think the timer needs to be lowered as it is getting in the way of other Peoples RP and stuff they want to do on the server. As only Combatives and SCPs get to play which isnt to fun for the reasercher who wants to test on 035.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
The way the current system works is already quite good, the only thing that it's missing is manual deployment with heavy restrictions. Currently, as far as I remember, after 30 minutes the chance of ERT being deployed is increased by +10%. Obviously if SCPs are killing nothing, or have an issue where the kill is not counted like 049, 106 then that becomes a problem. But the SCPs being breached itself increase the chances as well.

Back when it first released we closely monitored the way it worked and deployed, and from time to time it deployed way too early or way too late in some situations, but in most of the cases it deployed perfectly fine.

I think another problem with the system is that the 008's are not counted per player, but it just being one SCP for all players. Which should obviously not be the case, so it is just a bug in reality that it does not count all infected people towards the deployment system.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
That makes more sense then, if the 008 counter is bugged, due to the fact that if a 008 breach occurs and it does gets out of hand, it feels like ERT comes way to late.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
Like the whole point of ERT is emergency response team the breach is quite the emergency but thats what e-11 is for the mtf mobile task force is the first wave then after is the EMERGENCY response team so they do come late for that reason but the thing is waiting 2 hours for a 30 minute breach is still long but thats still not enough for the time waited

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
+support
ERT is one of the few things that are universally fun in the server. They are fun to play as, fun to play against, and healthy for the server as they allow the server to go back to RP. Making them more frequent, or reworking their deployment (IE waves of ERT progressively getting larger/stronger) can only positively impact the server, so long as it isn't implemented haphazardly.

Last edited:

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
+support
ERT is one of the few things that are universally fun in the server. They are fun to play as, fun to play against, and healthy for the server as they allow the server to go back to RP. Making them more frequent, or reworking their deployment (IE waves of ERT progressively getting larger/stronger) can only positively impact the server, so long as it isn't implemented haphazardly.
They are not fun to play against, they are a soft nuke.

also -Support, it could use some minor trigger changes but other than that, it is fine as it is.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
I'd say ERT response time just needs to be told by Devs (maybe they have and I haven't found it).

Lord _Fr3ze partially explained it, but maybe just a full document explaining how the percentages work would avoid the confusion

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Well maybe if E-11 were doing their jobs, then ERT wouldn't have to be called ?
If your job is to walk out of bunks and die on repeat for 30+ minutes then get shit on by everyone else, I wouldn’t want to play E-11 either

Status
Not open for further replies.