Accepted Make Deployable Shields destroyable

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives a form of "HP" to deployable shields. Maybe something around the range of 1000-1500HP

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I am aware of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Would stop the camping issue with shields
Shields would not block areas or restrict them

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Both negatives for Foundation and CI for example in raids, CI would have inability to camp so does Foundation.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel like it's a fair balance, you can restrict movement with these shields that often stay even long after raids. Being able to destroy them denies camping and hard defense. Maybe a variant of "heavy shields" could get added to keep this kind of deployable shields for specific jobs like Juggernauts, Enforcers or Orange Suit.

upvotefinal.png

Last edited:

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
+ support

Please edit your suggestion to say something like 1500-2000 HP. 500 is simply not enough for a shield. I would love to see this but only if the shields has around 2000 HP

Jeffrey Nut

Oct 6, 2023
+Support
I like the suggestion but 500 hp aint enough thats around 1-2 Sniper shots so 1000-2000 would probly be better

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Although 1000-1500HP is too low, make it like 2000-2500HP

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
if it's possible, why not? this makes sense to me.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+ support

Please edit your suggestion to say something like 1500-2000 HP. 500 is simply not enough for a shield. I would love to see this but only if the shields has around 2000 HP
+Support
I like the suggestion but 500 hp aint enough thats around 1-2 Sniper shots so 1000-2000 would probly be better
+Support
-Although 1000-1500HP is too low, make it like 2000-2500HP

I will keep it at a average of 1250HP. Because this would force people to ration their shields for camping something. After all shields cannot outlive a BTR and shouldn't even be close to it, which almost has 3000hp (I believe). This would dynamically just change the tactics of how to use these.

Quite frankly, if a 50. Caliber weapon penetrates these shields, they are quite realistically ruined. So you gotta watch out.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Quite frankly, if a 50. Caliber weapon penetrates these shields, they are quite realistically ruined. So you gotta watch out.
"realism" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
realism is always a silly reason, for balance i just think they should have more

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
I will keep it at a average of 1250HP. Because this would force people to ration their shields for camping something. After all shields cannot outlive a BTR and shouldn't even be close to it, which almost has 3000hp (I believe). This would dynamically just change the tactics of how to use these.

remember that breachers have these for primary use against SCPs, too. 2k is not unreasonable imo.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
remember that breachers have these for primary use against SCPs, too. 2k is not unreasonable imo.
didnt think of this but what SCP's are you thinking of that would even consider dealing 2000 damage to a shield

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
didnt think of this but what SCP's are you thinking of that would even consider dealing 2000 damage to a shield
682 most primarily, as the largest SCP, it would be more likely to get in its way, while 682 also has a pretty good damage output iirc

you can have other similar concerns with movement like if it was used to impede 076, 8837 or 173, that they might just start attacking it (unsure about 173, since 173 is an instakill swep - this might need changes to the 173 swep (maybe also the 096 swep?) so that the shield can be attacked in this way - or alternatively implemented as a general SCP behaviour like with door breaking, press G to break shield)

and then there's also shootouts with 7722 and TGs (as well as the 8837 shooty shoot part of the swep)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
682 most primarily, as the largest SCP, it would be more likely to get in its way, while 682 also has a pretty good damage output iirc

you can have other similar concerns with movement like if it was used to impede 076, 8837 or 173, that they might just start attacking it (unsure about 173, since 173 is an instakill swep - this might need changes to the 173 swep (maybe also the 096 swep?) so that the shield can be attacked in this way - or alternatively implemented as a general SCP behaviour like with door breaking, press G to break shield)

and then there's also shootouts with 7722 and TGs
are we treating the shield like a entity with HP or like something similar to a destroyable wall with HP
if its the wall then these SCP's prob couldnt even be able to destroy the shield, but eh thats just what i think should happen with it and all

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Wait, that's allowed on UK? I thought it was outright failrp to use shields at all against SCPs
Anyway, +support. Give E11 breacher an actual way to slow SCPs down
i mean why else would breacher have it? it's a strange idea to give a job, with its first purpose being the heaviest hitter against SCPs, something it can't use against them

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
i mean why else would breacher have it? it's a strange idea to give a job, with its first purpose being the heaviest hitter against SCPs, something it can't use against them
It is also useful for when CI holds a room in HCZ and we need to push it. As far as I'm aware, we definitely can't put it in a position where it blocks movement without jumping, but other things are allowed.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.