Accepted Make it failrp for SC to authorise 914 usage for their own personal gain

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Adds a rule making it failrp for Mtfs / foundatoin personall to enmass abuse 914 for better weapons + more hp ive noticing this problem more and more with balance mainly as a ci dc where ive seen entire patrols of O1 combat medics running around with energy rifles double
barrels

1679243516394.png

examples this of course isnt how the server is intended considering the entire goal of the foundation is to secure contain protect they contain anomalys they dont use them they dont sell them they dont destroy them this seems to not get around the head of Alpha 1 and Omega 1 plus O5 and ethics considering everytime i see a patrol of them they seem to have 150HP carrying energy rifles plus double barrels

SL have said they went through loudouts alot to ensure balance yet this is clearly breaking balance as if O1 wanna win every fight same with A1 they run over to 914 and get PKMs m249ns 44. magnums Sanctums double barrels etc all the sort which breaks balance considering Pkms + m249ns are extermely restricted and you and very few jobs actually have those weapons there is only 1 job in the game with 2 slots that has a PKM which is the ci Delta operative which is a cl4 position

and has a very strong LMG with only 2 slots this is balanced for the most M249s can only be found on E-11 Breachers Command sergeant job + Heavy weapons license Omega 1 Enforcement which is a Command sergeant job + heavy weapons license requirement and Alpha 1 Enforcement which requires CSG + heavy weapons all those jobs have 2 slots E-11 breacher 2 slots O1 enforcement 2 slots and A1 enforcement 2 slots

Plus m60 which i see O1 with alot which is available on the goc job with 2 slots so all in total these guns are rare but through the abuse of 914 thse weapons are every where i see 10+ O1 usually with Pkms m249s freedoms double barrels and they demolish everything no need to work your ass off in ci for Delta no need to work your ass off in e-11 O1 or A1 for Command sergeant just head on to 914 where site command have completley forgot their main purpose of Secure Contain Protect

this fucks up balance as any ci raid scps or dclass in these mtfs paths will get merked by them considering they have the best lmgs plus sniper rifle energy riflles that have the power to insta kill juggernauts with a headshot not including the double barrel shotguns and through use of 914 extra hp plus armor

this is pretty obvious not intended for balance loudouts were carefully chosen by server leadership to ensure balance but seems like SC seems to forget what being in the scp foundation means

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Not every single O1 A1is carrying a rifle capable of soloeing a firing line : More rp doesnt make sense at all for the ethics comitee to arm cadets with LMGS ive seen this on multiple occasions: ive legit no cap heard people in teamspeak who were from O1 immediatly get off O1 cause they got mad they lost their double barrel

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: I dont see any i mean O1 and A1 might be sad their infinte supply of freedoms and Lmgs is gone

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: cause this is ruining RP as a whole this would be fine if mtfs were breakling the coe and doing it and if they got caught they could be demoted etc but it gets to a limit where ethics is authorising Mtf to walk into 914 to get their weapons and leave halfing almost every mtf having the strongest guns in teh server i imagine isnt intended if this is denied might aswell make freedoms sanctums double barrels standard Mtf O1 and a1 equipment at this point

• Haha
Reactions: Scopes

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Adds a rule making it failrp for Mtfs / foundatoin personall to enmass abuse 914 for better weapons + more hp ive noticing this problem more and more with balance mainly as a ci dc where ive seen entire patrols of O1 combat medics running around with energy rifles double
barrels

View attachment 5804

examples this of course isnt how the server is intended considering the entire goal of the foundation is to secure contain protect they contain anomalys they dont use them they dont sell them they dont destroy them this seems to not get around the head of Alpha 1 and Omega 1 plus O5 and ethics considering everytime i see a patrol of them they seem to have 150HP carrying energy rifles plus double barrels

SL have said they went through loudouts alot to ensure balance yet this is clearly breaking balance as if O1 wanna win every fight same with A1 they run over to 914 and get PKMs m249ns 44. magnums Sanctums double barrels etc all the sort which breaks balance considering Pkms + m249ns are extermely restricted and you and very few jobs actually have those weapons there is only 1 job in the game with 2 slots that has a PKM which is the ci Delta operative which is a cl4 position

and has a very strong LMG with only 2 slots this is balanced for the most M249s can only be found on E-11 Breachers Command sergeant job + Heavy weapons license Omega 1 Enforcement which is a Command sergeant job + heavy weapons license requirement and Alpha 1 Enforcement which requires CSG + heavy weapons all those jobs have 2 slots E-11 breacher 2 slots O1 enforcement 2 slots and A1 enforcement 2 slots

Plus m60 which i see O1 with alot which is available on the goc job with 2 slots so all in total these guns are rare but through the abuse of 914 thse weapons are every where i see 10+ O1 usually with Pkms m249s freedoms double barrels and they demolish everything no need to work your ass off in ci for Delta no need to work your ass off in e-11 O1 or A1 for Command sergeant just head on to 914 where site command have completley forgot their main purpose of Secure Contain Protect

this fucks up balance as any ci raid scps or dclass in these mtfs paths will get merked by them considering they have the best lmgs plus sniper rifle energy riflles that have the power to insta kill juggernauts with a headshot not including the double barrel shotguns and through use of 914 extra hp plus armor

this is pretty obvious not intended for balance loudouts were carefully chosen by server leadership to ensure balance but seems like SC seems to forget what being in the scp foundation means

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Not every single O1 A1is carrying a rifle capable of soloeing a firing line : More rp doesnt make sense at all for the ethics comitee to arm cadets with LMGS ive seen this on multiple occasions: ive legit no cap heard people in teamspeak who were from O1 immediatly get off O1 cause they got mad they lost their double barrel

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: I dont see any i mean O1 and A1 might be sad their infinte supply of freedoms and Lmgs is gone

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: cause this is ruining RP as a whole this would be fine if mtfs were breakling the coe and doing it and if they got caught they could be demoted etc but it gets to a limit where ethics is authorising Mtf to walk into 914 to get their weapons and leave halfing almost every mtf having the strongest guns in teh server i imagine isnt intended if this is denied might aswell make freedoms sanctums double barrels standard Mtf O1 and a1 equipment at this point
+Support
Imagine the 2 Strongest MTF in the game. Now imagine them using something to buff them and their weapons. Now imagine fighting that as a person. 1v1's become impossible and it isnt skill its just who used 914

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Naffen

LegoManOnHash

Aug 31, 2022
-/+ Neutral

As a member of Site Command on Site 65, I haven't once touched SCP-914 on both O5, and when I was ECM. This situation does occur rather rarely and I don't remember the last time anyone in SC, on the O5 side, authorized the usage of 914 for any of our operatives. Not here to leave much of a + or - support, just another input seeing as this is about SC.

Reactions: Darren

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support in character issue (it would also make this kind of stuff off limits for CI and D class if we make it a rule which wouldn't be fun ;) )

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
seems like its a ic issue wont change then close the suggestion not gonna solve anything

John Iceland

Donator
-Support

People outside of Site Command abusing it is and should remain an In Character issue
Everytime something is done we constantly go "make it an OOC Rule!!" when theres IC fixes. Realistically O5/Ethics only let A-1/O-1 grab 914 weapons, other people abusing it isnt allowed by the legal codex, yet E-11/IA never watch 914? Why should Staff be told to do more they already have to when E-11/IA can easily reduce usage by a lot.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-Support

People outside of Site Command abusing it is and should remain an In Character issue
Everytime something is done we constantly go "make it an OOC Rule!!" when theres IC fixes. Realistically O5/Ethics only let A-1/O-1 grab 914 weapons, other people abusing it isnt allowed by the legal codex, yet E-11/IA never watch 914? Why should Staff be told to do more they already have to when E-11/IA can easily reduce usage by a lot.
the point here is balance not increasing staff duties it isnt fun for any scp breach dclass or ci in the area or anyone who has to fight A1/O1

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-Support

Under SC orders we cant do anything. So IA is useless

John Iceland

Donator
the point here is balance not increasing staff duties it isnt fun for any scp breach dclass or ci in the area or anyone who has to fight A1/O1
Under SC orders we cant do anything. So IA is useless
Then contact Ethics, Fun fact. With the new Legal Codex technically SC cant authorize using it, that was an exception on the old CoE
Ethics abusing things should be brought to the chairman, after all its his final say. A-1/O-1 are tasked with guarding the most important people on site, should the death of these people result there's a lot that can happen. Especially if their keycard drops. While yes, this is the main goal of using 914 for personnel gain it does happen as often as it should for OOC rules to be put in Place. For example lets take a look at US O5
-1: Doesnt really use it
-2: Does really use it
-4: Doesnt really use it
-6: uses it somewhat often
-7: Uses it fairly Often

2/5 O5 use 914, with only one using it often, I can say this is true because I Work with them as A-1 AND an Assistant.

Ethics
Sergio: doesnt really use it
Crow: Uses it fairly often
Apple: I've seen use it once for a single O-1
Randal: Doesnt use it
Canoon: doesnt use it
Dan: Doesnt use it.

This is more unreliable but its from what I see around site. That leaves

3 people who use it
2 on regular basis'

I play D-Class and CI, never had an issue wiith this. It does not happen often enough and it makes in lore sense for O5 at least.

Reactions: Naffen

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Then contact Ethics, Fun fact. With the new Legal Codex technically SC cant authorize using it, that was an exception on the old CoE
Ethics abusing things should be brought to the chairman, after all its his final say. A-1/O-1 are tasked with guarding the most important people on site, should the death of these people result there's a lot that can happen. Especially if their keycard drops. While yes, this is the main goal of using 914 for personnel gain it does happen as often as it should for OOC rules to be put in Place. For example lets take a look at US O5
-1: Doesnt really use it
-2: Does really use it
-4: Doesnt really use it
-6: uses it somewhat often
-7: Uses it fairly Often

2/5 O5 use 914, with only one using it often, I can say this is true because I Work with them as A-1 AND an Assistant.

Ethics
Sergio: doesnt really use it
Crow: Uses it fairly often
Apple: I've seen use it once for a single O-1
Randal: Doesnt use it
Canoon: doesnt use it
Dan: Doesnt use it.

This is more unreliable but its from what I see around site. That leaves

3 people who use it
2 on regular basis'

I play D-Class and CI, never had an issue wiith this. It does not happen often enough and it makes in lore sense for O5 at least.
i mean considering your points its probably different on USA

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
when a ci lead tries to get the foundation to stop doing something that CI try to do almost every raid
well lets be honest here what is cis main lore purpose to weaponize scps what is the foundation purpose to contain scps but ehh fair enough people dont want it

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
dont get me wrong i do agree with you SC just seems to think their exempt from their own rules these days if your pulling the lore card out 914 gets used alot in lore to defend the foundation (at times) and if abusing 914 results in keeping the SCP's from being kidnapped and "weaponised" then yea

Reactions: Darren

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
i think someone might be a bit upsetti they dont have a double barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.