Denied Make it so people on anima cannot stand close to 173 to stop the SCP from moving.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds (or brings to light - if it is already a ruling) a rule that disallows people on anima (or any kind of immortality chemical) to stand right next to SCP-173.

Alternatively make it so the SCP-173 ability doesn't target people who are immune (like on anima), so a 173 player automatically targets someone else (still wouldn't fully solve the issue though.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I'm aware of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Doesn't allow SCP-173 to be captured in such an unfun way (just unable to move, unable to act, even if this was done from SCP-173's max HP)
- Makes people unable to do RP / lore unfriendly actions.
- Disallows people from doing something that makes a whole SCP completely unable to act.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- It makes SCP-173 a tiny bit less capturable (although I'm not sure how often the anima trick is used)
- Staff would have to watch for the rule break (possibly using time) and isn't the easiest thing to solve in the moment
- Dev time if it's the ability change

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Both of my suggestions have the same issue and both solve the problem in different ways (one an ability change and one a rule change.) Currently if a person on anima stands next to SCP-173, the SCP is forced to target them (and cannot kill them because they're on anima), cannot move (because 173 is being watched by the person on anima), and cannot target anyone else (because they're forced to target the closest person.)

Simply put, having such a unfun action being available to players to use against other players (especially those who are breached as SCPs) makes the situation/RP unfun, boring, and massively annoying for the person playing SCP-173. Not only is it these things it's also kinda "lore" unfriendly, in any situation 173 would just choose a different target, but they cannot do that on server and are instead forced to target the closest person to them.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023

+Support

I swear this was fixed but it’s a brain dead tactic so yuh

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
...wait, was this not fixed on US?

This was done to me just yesterday on the UK server, maybe there is a new strategy or something but going from 50% HP to beamable because someone is stood next to me just feels bad :(

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
This was done to me just yesterday on the UK server, maybe there is a new strategy or something but going from 50% HP to beamable because someone is stood next to me just feels bad :(
wait huuuuuuh? we fixed this?! didn't this get fixed? @Auburn???? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fairly certain that this is also already against the rules - like it's minor glitching/exploiting, etc.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
???????
this got fixed GUH

someone fix the fix pls

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
wait huuuuuuh? we fixed this?! didn't this get fixed? @Auburn???? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fairly certain that this is also already against the rules - like it's minor glitching/exploiting, etc.
I think best thing to do is just let 173 target ignore the person as a target that way people can still use anima to escape and stuff but they can't use it to stop 173

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
I think best thing to do is just let 173 target ignore the person as a target that way people can still use anima to escape and stuff but they can't use it to stop 173
This suggestion should be an actual suggestion it’s too true

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
guys as someone who abuses this in early morning 173 breaches

+support

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
-Support
173 is an insta kill SCP for everyone in the server other than Orange suit and TB if they have inversion on, So removing an expensive and smart tactic is not that bad of an issue unless your going up against a Chem rich Group such as the UNGOC.

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
173 is an insta kill SCP for everyone in the server other than Orange suit and TB if they have inversion on, So removing an expensive and smart tactic is not that bad of an issue unless your going up against a Chem rich Group such as the UNGOC.
I think you misspelled cheep and unfair
Anima + Cortico is like, 1.5k at most (both 100ml), and there is no counter to it
Not too fun to be on the receiving end of it

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
I think you misspelled cheep and unfair
Anima + Cortico is like, 1.5k at most (both 100ml), and there is no counter to it
Not too fun to be on the receiving end of it
Not too fun to be constantly Insta killed during Early morning as well

Status
Not open for further replies.