Accepted Make snipers worth using

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
it removes the combat score barrier to use sniper in ISAF/IVG and SAS/STS

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes me a month ago

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes snipers worth using.
Makes job more accessible for people that struggle to kill things.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People will cry even though we have flying death machines that take about 8 stingers to kill.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
From reading over the replies of the last post and having heard from others that have not replied (not from just SAS) I have heard is DMR's are far better than snipers which they should not be. DMR's are better than snipers due to :
Being able to put whatever sight you want on it meaning at close range you have a guaranteed two hit weapon
It has a decently high fire rate
It has a high damage output which it should do as it is a DMR the damage output being around 80-90 per shot in the body
There is no marker when a DMR kills someone which makes camping with a DMR far more viable than with a sniper and a quite easy
What comes with the high fire rate and high damage with little spread means that it is very easy to kill people really fast which means no tracers
In there kit they also get smoke grenades which makes them probably better in a 1v1 against a sniper if the person with the DMR can hit there shots

Along with this I have also heard people's opinion on snipers and why they are to over powered:
They one shot (fair enough I get that one shot weapon is annoying but like half the guns feel like a one shot)
The spread on a DMR is more than a sniper????? (I don't understand this one a sniper has no spread it shoots once every 4 seconds give or take)
Having a one shot weapon entices them to head glitch (I don't understand this either personally I want to head glitch more without a sniper as my gun takes like 3 shots to kill)

Now this is just what I have heard from my time playing I do not know if you lot think I mean go back to the way it was before because I do not I mean give SAS 1 sniper give ISAF 1 sniper and HC 1 sniper that makes 3 snipers which personally I do not think is that many. For the combat score sniper personally I do not see any point in it as it would add up to make 5 snipers which is annoying I would just remove that completely or make the combat score sniper 750 combat score to use.

As I said in my last post also that adding ceramic plating to more jobs is a insane counter to snipers as only half the models have head hitboxes so it would make snipers 2 shot

Reactions: Hoxton
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
Ping + combat score requirement makes the job trash and marskman / medic are 100 times better
remove either the ping or the combat score requirement

Reactions: StefanZEW

Mason

Jun 23, 2023
-Support

This change was already denied very recently so taking the time to make this post is already an issue.
Snipers are by far the most annoying thing to fight against on this server basically leaving the victim defenseless as it is a one shot kill for most players. The combat score system is in place to prevent the overuse of snipers and to allow more people to use them rather than them being hogged by 1 player.
Also, the ping was added after kill cams were removed which is way worse in my opinion but still allows for a counter.
This post shouldn't even be considered because the annoyance of snipers would be far worse if it was accepted and this post was just denied a month ago with almost identical reasons.

+ As someone who has access to a sniper job that has no combat score requirement (SC) I think I am credible enough to say it is not worth it. And for those critiquing us for having it, make a suggestion to add a combat score requirement for high command snipers and I will +support it immediately.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-Support

This change was already denied very recently so taking the time to make this post is already an issue.
Snipers are by far the most annoying thing to fight against on this server basically leaving the victim defenseless as it is a one shot kill for most players. The combat score system is in place to prevent the overuse of snipers and to allow more people to use them rather than them being hogged by 1 player.
Also, the ping was added after kill cams were removed which is way worse in my opinion but still allows for a counter.
This post shouldn't even be considered because the annoyance of snipers would be far worse if it was accepted and this post was just denied a month ago with almost identical reasons.

+ As someone who has access to a sniper job that has no combat score requirement (SC) I think I am credible enough to say it is not worth it. And for those critiquing us for having it, make a suggestion to add a combat score requirement for high command snipers and I will +support it immediately.
at what point did I say anything about the ping????????? I agree with the ping

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-Support

Snipers are OP without this change! Today in a war, snipers accounted for a good chunk of all kills, which is insanely OP.
icl that is a massive skill issue as snipers very rarely take up a sixth of the kills

Mason

Jun 23, 2023
at what point did I say anything about the ping????????? I agree with the ping
Mostly responding to other + Supports that are making that argument such as Hoxton's
icl that is a massive skill issue as snipers very rarely take up a sixth of the kills
This is just completely false as snipers consistently make up a large percentage of kills or at least a large portion of NATOs kills which is why you might not realize it.
Also a skill issue is not a way to justify ruining a players entertainment just for the "KD". I understand that this is a PVP centralized server but things still need to be balanced to where infantry have a counter for stuff. An example of this is AT4s or Stingers which can be used in addition to support units or to replace them if they are not attending. You must realize your enjoyment is not the only thing that matters and server leadership needs to take the majority of people into account which is why I believe the combat score was implemented for the sniper in the first place.

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
-Support

Snipers are way too op to have a no combat score limit, considering they one shot anywhere u shoot

AS3MAN

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
MEGA +Support, it how snipers were like this before, and the only reason people could complain was due to gun recoil.
Now that you can get beamed from across the map, that point is no longer an issue.
The idea that snipers are op is wrong, and if you think that, I actually feel sorry for the future of mankind.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+support
People forget to realise that Snipers are suppose be better at taking out enemies, like in real life, they are the trade, do more damage, but not that good at close range, coordinating with other people, or JAF/SWB to deal with snipers is the way to go about dealing with them, infantry shouldn't be trying kill snipers from 100m away, that's plain dumb

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
Mostly responding to other + Supports that are making that argument such as Hoxton's

This is just completely false as snipers consistently make up a large percentage of kills or at least a large portion of NATOs kills which is why you might not realize it.
Also a skill issue is not a way to justify ruining a players entertainment just for the "KD". I understand that this is a PVP centralized server but things still need to be balanced to where infantry have a counter for stuff. An example of this is AT4s or Stingers which can be used in addition to support units or to replace them if they are not attending. You must realize your enjoyment is not the only thing that matters and server leadership needs to take the majority of people into account which is why I believe the combat score was implemented for the sniper in the first place.
My friend as much as you think you are making good points you are not I have a sniper class that does not require combat score and have been in every regiment on the server and have never complained about snipers once apart from @Bubba cause hes a pain in the ass for you to say that I only care about KD is also laughable as I spend a good 90 percent of my war on voice amp or when I was in SAS playing CO to replace FOB's

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Bubba

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-Support

and if you think ping was added after kill cams were removed that Is quite amusing shows how active you actually are and how much you know

Reactions: Hoxton

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
My friend as much as you think you are making good points you are not I have a sniper class that does not require combat score and have been in every regiment on the server and have never complained about snipers once apart from @Bubba cause hes a pain in the ass for you to say that I only care about KD is also laughable as I spend a good 90 percent of my war on voice amp or when I was in SAS playing CO to replace FOB's
u also got blacklisted from a large portion of the regiments you joined. I recommend thinking about the new players whom join getting sniped, no mark, sniper sits at 1 spot and just farms kills.

• Haha
Reactions: shaun11103

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
u also got blacklisted from a large portion of the regiments you joined. I recommend thinking about the new players whom join getting sniped, no mark, sniper sits at 1 spot and just farms kills.
I am guessing you read none of the suggestion and just wanted to argue again that is very amusing

Mason

Jun 23, 2023
and if you think ping was added after kill cams were removed that Is quite amusing shows how active you actually are and how much you know
We are both High command members which means have both been in positions where we had to spend combat score for the sniper job and now no longer have to. I am not pointing fingers at you when talking about KD as we both have jobs that will prevent us from having a good KD. Instead, I am talking to everyone else who does not have to talk on voice amp throughout a war. Those people are also the ones who have to pay for their sniper job and is a good argument for why ours is free.

I don't understand why you are taking these posts so personally and are resulting to personal attacks about my activity in a public setting. That is completely unacceptable and shows how unprofessional you are as someone who represents the best of NATO as one of their generals. If you have something to say we can talk about it in dm's, or you can bring up concerns to my superior. Let us end this conversation so we can continue to discuss this suggestion without any further drama.

Reactions: Lee Falzone

TailSkipper

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Nov 12, 2021
-support
-just shoot and reposition its so simple u just want to make it easier for urselfs while the solution to the problem ur facing is moving a couple step to the right or left

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020

Video says it all no matter how much we want something done about the sniper job its gonna be horrible like always. Maybe a faster respawn system each time a sniper kills you or something would balance your suggestion out but i personally see this super hard to appeal everybody.

Reactions: ZLT49A
Status
Not open for further replies.