Accepted Mastery is really bad

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove mastery and bring back levels

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
As good as mastery is its so painful to have to level up your mastery
Gives a good reason to rank up and play

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
will take a dev

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There is no real reason to rank up unless you want to become HC as sitting at PFC is more viable for the average player than becoming a CO/SNCO

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
+su^pport mastery doesn't do anything when you are above level 15 but if we go back to the old levels then i would say compensate those with high levels now

Last edited:

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
I +Support this all day long provided I get my old levels back lol.

Also to add to this, if the old level system were brought back it should be the case that there is only 1 universal level rather than having a level 5 Nato character and a level 30 civ.

Last edited:

CL4P-TP

MRP Patriot
Donator
Jan 12, 2021
England
+1

Mastery's really removed the satisfaction of gaining a rank & devalued the point of demotions because they still have access to jobs that under the old rank system, would restrict their access and bring meaning to a demotion but with mastery, demotions don't matter other than access to documents and authority.

For the staff members it would be like a Senior Admin being demoted to Moderator but because of Staff XP (for e.g.) they still have access to all the Senior Admin permissions sounds ridiculous right? + it's not RP friendly and seems the server is becoming less and less friendly to that notion.

I do appreciate things that have been ported from SCP but mastery was absolutely far fetched

It isn't very, new player friendly either which is something the server should strive for from a Business and a Server health standpoint as you can imagine a new player would quickly realise their rank is overshadowed by their mastery level as it is valued more and is more beneficial than a rank which isn't the way it should be. Nobody had a problem with the old rank system as it made perfect sense and I can only see that it changed to stand out from other MRP servers which it has done the opposite, server population is lower than I have ever seen it before and according to others they ditto that.

I understand it would be a large change and there will be current players who have worked their arses off to get to their level for which they should be compensated if the change were to be made and some current players may only know the mastery system which they have become accustomed with but if the majority say to bring back the rank system I believe it should be done no matter how hard it is so the server can regrow, ranks can be valued correctly and business will boom.

Thanks for reading nerd

Reactions: shaun11103

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

Mastery = Grind, and I am not wanting to grind 3-5 weeks for Mastery 15 on a virtual game.

Toni

May 23, 2022
+Support
Non-XP boosted grind to level 15 is bearable, from that point onwards the required points just keep scaling, and the level 30 jobs, which are supposed to be "rewarding", end up rewarding only a couple of people in the server who, either have been playing for a long time, or unhealthily play the game a lot.
I have been planning on making a suggestion myself about additional ways of getting mastery, more mastery, etc, but couldnt think of anything.
I genuinely bid you the best of luck in trying to convince SL to change this.
There is no way one can claim the grind to level 30 is fun/healthy, it's extremely grindy, and the ways to gain that sort of XP are kind of lacking.

Suffering from my success

Jul 7, 2022
- Support

While I have never played or given any attention to MRP I don't like this suggestion as mastery works on SCP which is the only server that matters.

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
- Support

While I have never played or given any attention to MRP I don't like this suggestion as mastery works on SCP which is the only server that matters.
Go play MRP then. An argument of "Never played so dont remove" is fucked, especially when the change wouldnt affect SCP ?

parker

Sep 24, 2022
-Support, People have to high of a mastery, if this would happen it would have to transfer into levels again.

Jamesbond607100

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Oct 18, 2023
+support
mastery is such a grind. New PVT's don't want to grind 15 levels to get specific jobs. Getting XP every 10 seconds is not enough takes too long.

Tadeusz Castle [Tad]

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 28, 2021
Poland
+ Support
Mastery is too much of a grind, ranks don't matter much unless you want to place down FOBs or be in a CO suit all the time...
The level system back in the day was so much better then the current mastery one, It only gave you Stamina, Health, Lower recoil and money. You want a good job? Rank up.
My highest mastery after playing SINCE update is 24...
It requires too much grind to get even basic jobs like Engineer/Medic, New people will reach SGT faster then get to lvl 5.

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Neutral

I feel like the mastery level especially for veterans who would like to play the server again showed that you can return at any point in time aslong as you've reached PFC. Its really a pain to do all that rank climb again even though you know most of the aspects of the game

However, if i had to choose between having levels or mastery i would choose levels, but thats mainly because its more beneficial for vets like me lol. If they ever add it back dev team really needs to look into it more properly.

Its a little complicated at the end of the day as having set amount of levels/mastery can turn a tide of a war.

Also nice ragebait @Suffering from my success

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
Neutral

Don't remove mastery,
But make jobs locked behind ranks again.

Tadeusz Castle [Tad]

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 28, 2021
Poland
Neutral

Don't remove mastery,
But make jobs locked behind ranks again.
Removing mastery grinding and bringing back old lvl system (More time spent ingame -> More bonuses) would be better.
And i think that if the Level system got setup again, it would auto give everyone their lvl based on how much time they spent ingame.
For people that don't know, Level system would give you new levels for basically JUST playing on the server.

Reactions: CL4P-TP

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-support
Before people attack me, main reason is cause I don't really know how the level system worked properly, never saw it, but the Mastery system is not that hard to get, if you do the stuff you need do, trainings get you 200 XP, building FOBs, supplying, driving, and etc gives you XP, there's multiple ways to get it, just go do something instead of sitting in base, idk why complain when it's same case as Scavenging and Cooking, it's a grind, you need cook a lot (and more boring ngl), and open a lot more stuff to get better stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.