Denied Nerf Reality Bender Jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSive

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion will hopefully balance out the Reality Bender Jobs to make it less unfair for the players that are fighting against them.

Firstly, I'd suggest making it that Type-Green can only use one ability at a time and can not combo abilities. Mainly the combination with the bullet shield and then whatever attacking ability they use.(Sorry for not knowing the abilities, I've never actually gotten the chance to play a Reality Bender Job because some players hog the jobs) This will mean that the Type-Green player will have to think a little bit before using their abilities.

Secondly, I'd suggest lowering the amount of time the bullet shield is active for, mainly due to the fact that Reality benders can use multiple abilities at the same time, that it grants an unfair advantage where the players aren't able to basically do anything to the Reality Benders as they go on a killing spree.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Fighting against Reality Benders would be more fair and less frustrating.
- Reality Bender players will actually have to think about what abilities they will use before going into a fight.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Reality Bender Job players won't be able to kill everyone as efficiently.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Personally I think this would be a great change, since at the moment breaches last way to long, and ERT are called every other breach and having these abilities on the different factions allows them to easily crush an entire team. However I do get why these Reality Bending Jobs are a bit overpowered due to the fact that a lot of these roles cost money, but I still think they should at least be fair to fight against.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-support i love you kane but reality benders get dogged on if you only use 1 power at a time i legit myself first time played reality bender got mauled by e-11 with onyl 1 ability usage at a time

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
I won't be making any changes without being given solid examples / clips of reality benders being OP, so far I've only been shown clips of them getting bonked by E-11 within about 5 minutes of them breaching

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support
E11 when they discover reality anchors:
1681426112313.png

to be honest the only time I see ERT level breaches are when the server's dying down (they obviously happen at primetime but 10x less often)- i think the SCP is just new and E11 haven't figured out the best way to recontain it yet, and once they do it will be just like any other SCP breach

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
-support
Stop trying to 1v1 then or 2v1 them
It’s that simple
Honest to god skill issue

Helios

May 15, 2022
-Support

As it stands they can kill 4 ppl within 4-6ish seconds (if you use your cards right) just simply use reality anchors and get ppl to push

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
As it stands they can kill 4 ppl within 4-6ish seconds
They also blow through a third of their energy doing so and have a 1.5 energy per sec regen so it’s a net negative to have them and only them hold a corridor

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
-Support
Reality Benders are already fucking ass and you tryna nerf em more, I got recontained by O1 and A1 countless times and never by E11 maybe get good at the game or something

Somuchoregano

Apr 10, 2023
-SUPPORT

Sadly, I witnessed the problem with this only an hour ago. The majority of individuals I have found having issues with TYPE-GREEN are the ones getting absolutely rolled by them. For example, I just witnessed an MTF and other units fight them off. I saw the TYPE-GREEN use good skill in order to avoid being pinned down and lit up - and only did they seem OP when it was an obvious 1v1/2v1 situation. There is a reason why most guidelines ask for multiple combative personnel, and that is more-so to DETER the threat while a greater force and strategy is set in place. You cannot simply shoot at a TYPE-GREEN and expect to live, just as any other SCP that can harm you.
I would advise attempting combating them with a clear strategy relayed to other combative personnel and working on ways of solving the problem.

Lastly, keep in mind - SCPs by lore slaughter entire teams of MTF. This is a main plot point in 096 lore. Reality benders are arguably more intense than 096 other than the fact they can be terminated. I personally cannot support a suggestion that is more related to 'I want to be able to kill this easier' rather than 'does this make sense in lore?' or ' will this better gameplay for EVERYONE?'

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi <Username>,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because the Type-Green SCPs do not need a nerf as they can countered with enough MTF and teamwork.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.