Denied Nu-7 Medic Buff

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Second

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
+ Allows the MTF Nu-7 Hammer Down - Medic job to access !medic and use of the EST Machine.
+ Adds a Medical Cabinet to the Surface Armory

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I am aware of, N/A

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Allows for quick response to fractures without having to go all the way down to medbay (especially important in the Sniper and DMR dominated meta we live in)
+ Will balance out between CI (who have !medic on their Medic job) and GOC (who have !medic on both Medic AND R&D)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Dev time, I would assume?
- Might take away some Medical RP (Though, no DEA or Nu-7 that gets fractured is hauling their ass to Medbay anyways, they're just gonna let themselves die)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Having easy and quick access to medical equipment is something that the Nu-7 Medic should have, but as is it feels very underwhelming. I don't think adding !medic to Nu-7 Medic job will ruin RP or neuter the Medical department in any regard, it's just a nice QoL change for SOP personnel. CI have 2 Marksmen + 3 Officers (SCAR-H is a fracture machine) and GOC has their own 2 Marksmen, plus any member of those GOIs can easily pull out a MK-18 Mod from a stash, making fractures far too common on surface. CI and GOC have efficient ways to handle these problems whereas Nu-7 and DEA does not, leaving a bit of a power imbalance.

Last edited:

Sean Hanson

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Oct 15, 2022
+Support
great idea.
( please also let Nu7 medic touch the EST machine)

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support

NO NO NO. MEDICAL MUST BE THE ONLY MEDICS WHO CAN HEAL FRACTURES. I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR JOB REQUIRES A MEDICAL LICENSE.

Second

-Support
Im unsure if you are just suggesting this for US, but this litterally ruins medical roleplay.
How, exactly? Medical is 90% noncombative WLs, and the 6 combative slots aren't going to surface to PvP with Nu-7 and DEA against CI. The whole reason I am suggesting this is so that Nu-7 can quick fix their medical needs (such as fractures) without having to job abuse, die, or walk down to medbay slowly.

If you can list me literally any reason how this would "literally ruin medical RP", I would be interested to hear it.

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
+Support
There should've already been a "medbay" of some kind near surface for NU-7 to use

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
-Support
Im unsure if you are just suggesting this for US, but this litterally ruins medical roleplay.

At some point can we all just collectively agree that forced medical roleplay does not and has never contributed anything in any meaningful capacity? It's an SCP server, medical leadership are great and all but it is just not necessary on surface. The RP can be really good, but making people go from Surface to D-Block just to not ever engage in RP and just do the mechanical parts of fixing the bone, is kind of annoying.

UK & US should be included in a suggestion. If UK medical roleplay is doing great, then it's not going to stop because of some ways of circumventing the need of Medical on surface. This goes especially if you guys have some surface based Medical subdivision. However, currently, US medical roleplay is non-existent, and in the last month I haven't seen a single doctor use a /me or /it when healing my bones. Medical are also not included in events often for some reason, despite the massive potential.

Even then this is a change of how the
mechanics of a bone fracture works, not the RP of it. If someone wants to engage in roleplay, they will. And if they stop doing that, that should go to show that they never wanted to engage in that role-play in the first place. RP should come out of passion, not necessity.

+ Support

Status
Not open for further replies.