Denied PLEASE MAKE INTERROGATE TAKE LESS TIME

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Apr 12, 2023
Da Trap House
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would change the amount of time it takes to use the interrogate tool to strip keycards.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Will make all the difference in the world during sweeps because it currently takes ~20-21 seconds to interrogate a dclass after weapon checking. Now do that for 20 dclass while they are trying to break out and trying to kill you. It is the biggest pain about sweeps, its very hard to get them all checked properly. And also this change would be a QoL change saving time and patience trying to strip people.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I do not foresee many if any drawbacks from this, i'm not asking it to be an instant time just shorter.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion would drastically improve sweep efficiency. Make it easier for anybody attempting to use tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: TootsMcScoots

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
i dont know why weapon checking is instant and confiscating is like 5 seconds. Finding a card shouldnt be that harder.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support

Me when I wait 30 seconds for interrogate and the guy moves 1 pixel resetting the time

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+support
5 seconds to strip a knife, ar, pistol, hacking tool, matador, auger, shit ton of weapons, a good 20 seconds to strip a keycard thst should sit in a pocket. Just makes sense, atleast half the time!!!

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
i dont know why weapon checking is instant and confiscating is like 5 seconds. Finding a card shouldnt be that harder.
Not really hard to figure this out, but
a) imagine how annoying weapon checking a massive row of prisoners would be if it took 5 seconds each time,
b) imagine if you could walk up to someone and instantly confiscate their weapons without a delay.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
Not really hard to figure this out, but
a) imagine how annoying weapon checking a massive row of prisoners would be if it took 5 seconds each time,
b) imagine if you could walk up to someone and instantly confiscate their weapons without a delay.
what im saying, is confiscating takes time, not too long, but confiscating cards takes 4 times as long.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support if you suspect a d class has a keycard why are you interrogating him in d block where it's extremely unsafe?? that's entirely your fault for not moving him 10 metres behind 2 big blast doors that all of gensec will guard you behind

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
+Support,
Moving one pixel reset timer and its so annoying.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
-support if you suspect a d class has a keycard why are you interrogating him in d block where it's extremely unsafe?? that's entirely your fault for not moving him 10 metres behind 2 big blast doors that all of gensec will guard you behind
during a sweep

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
not everybody has a keycard during a sweep - pull them 10 metres behind the blast door and you can interrogate them in peace, it's that easy
but we still have to check everybody. we have to assume that every d class has some sort of contraband. and getting all the D-class from around d-block and in cells takes a bit of time, weapon checking them takes even more time. chances are you've used the interrogate swep, and have seen it is around 3 times longer than the weapon checking. we have to do that to every d class

and i wonder why d-class complain that sweeps take too long

not saying that the interrogate or weapon checker should be instant of course, but that the interrogate be a bit faster, as searching for a keycard on a person shouldnt take that much longer than checking them for knives and guns

Reactions: John Dear

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
to be fair patting somebody down for something as thin as paper and smaller than a phone would be pretty slow - checking everybody is a waste and this seems more like a matter of how sweeps are run.
checking who uses the dispensers from the glass room and shooting them is a surefire way of getting cards as well as interrogating all brutes and scouts, as they are most often the ones who are experienced enough to use cards well

i see what you mean tho

Status
Not open for further replies.