Rule Suggestion Prevent camping of 914 outside of Code 1/Code 2

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think a rule should be added to prevent people from camping 914 for no valid reason, only because they know that this is where dclass go.
i encountered an E11 who just put down a shield and sat by 914 afking there for literally 3 hours and detaining any dclass that came.
He was there even when there was no code called. i called a sit but admin told me there are no rules against that.

I believe its quite unrealistic for someone to camp 914 specifically, they only do so because they know of the disguise mechanic that dclass can use.
914 is a big gameplay part for D-Class. Its positioned in a location thats not too hard for them to reach, behind a CL2 door, and (as Ventz said before) they can go to 914 and use it to get a disguise, even if they dont really have a RP reason to know what 914 is and how to use it.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No i dont believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Removes the unfairness to dclass of 914 being camped
Improves gameplay balance
prevents unrealistic camping of the room

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Will need to be a rule to be added and enforced.

note: this will NOT cause significantly more dclass escapes. gladly not many people are big enough tryhards to camp 914 all the time, and when it isnt camped i believe that dclass escaping is quite balanced. however when someone camps this gives dclass literally NO means of getting a disguise. zero.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that the ability for E11 (or GSD) to camp 914 is completely unbalanced and even not very rp-realistic.
it ruins gameplay for dclass and adds NOTHING in return.

PS: this issue in general seems to be a recent issue, i only encountered it a couple times recently, but even like a month ago and earlier i basically never seen that happen. it seems to be some new tryhard behaviour that they started doing and i believe its not healthy for the game.

PPS: once again, im only arguing for no camping *outside* emergencies. during c1/c2 its completely justified for someone to sit by 914 if they want to. also i have nothing against patrols, as they seem balanced.
With camping just one spot for 3 hours you might aswel just put an AI turret in that place and it wouldn't change anything in practice.

Last edited:

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
- Support

Saying the D-Class gameplay loop is - Escape DBlock, Disguise at 914 and then sit on site killing foundation feels for RP sense completely wrong. Using 914 to get a disguise and ESCAPE I can understand, but it's rare to see D-Class actually escape to surface.

914 is an an abusable SCP, why E-11 is stationed there. There is no reason for their not to be people guarding it in RP, even if you argue it takes out of the "D-Class Gameplay loop".

To me the actual D-Class loop is either; Test for Credits and then use Riots/Breaches as a chance to escape, not disguise to go on a killing spree.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
-support
1 way ticket to free MRDM isn't a gameplay loop, and d-class shouldn't even technically know how to use 914 in character without seeing a document or participating in a test during that life.
-support

wtf is this suggestion? D-Class MRDM when they get a disguise and metagame 914 existing and what is does is so boring. Imagine not being able to play the server because anytime you leave your bunks and try to do something there is like 4-5 disguised D-Class who jump and kill anyone leaving a public area.
like i said it was explicitly stated earlier than dclass going to 914 is not metagame as they know about it for gameplay reasons
- Support
- its is E-11'S job to take positions outside 914 during code 1's
- it apart of many MTF gameplay loops
- stationing outside 914 is just generally a good idea both in code 1's and code 2's
i agree completely that IN CODE 1 / CODE 2 its 100% justified! i dont disagree with you here im only talking when NO code is called!
when code 1 or code 2 is called it is 100% okay for E11 to guard 914. But they do this even when there is no emergency active.
and calling sitting in 1 spot for 3 hours "gameplay loop" doesnt rly make sense.

I don't see an argument however as to why they should camp 914 making a checkpoint there and all, for literal hours even when no emergency is active. Its rare enough for a D-Class to escape from dblock outside an emergency scenario, only for them to be met with someone camping the room waiting for them.

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+support
isn't it interesting 15 out of the 19 -supports have come from players who are holding/held positions in E11? That info's only from the people who've put it in their signature as well ???, out of the 4 who haven't, 2 have/had CL4 positions in Foundation groups.
you cant really go "EVERYONE WHO DISLIKES THIS SUGGESTION IS FOUNDATION" when the majority of the server is foundation
also the CL4 point is racism

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
-Support
This is just a ragepost:

Would you tell Nu-7 to not ID check at EZ?
Would you tell Nu-7 to stay out of compound?
Would you tell E-11 to not guard HCZ CP?
Would you tell GSD to not guard D-Block?

Its their job to protect something. If you escape as a D-Class and go to 914, expect that someone is going to be there or will come once you use it.
don't forget medical not being able to heal without interaction cause we currently can just see the lowered health or the red health numbers that popup when you hold a field kit! too "rp unrealistic"

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Mate I was a GOI main back in the day, if anything I'd have even more of a reason to not want 914 being GUARDED. But this is just pure copium

Would you tell O-1 not to guard the Ethics Committee because it might affect CI assassination gameplay loop?

Would you tell SOP-C to never be on surface because it might make it more difficult for CI to raid

Would you tell UNGOC not to patrol surface because it might be unfair for Surface KTEs?

E11s job is to manage the SCPs of Site-65. So it makes sense for them to guard a Scp which GOIs and Dclass frequently use

Reactions: Zen

Rkleczek897

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 16, 2022
+Support E-11 shouldnt be able to randomly guard 914, and to those sayings its unrealistic, realisticly there wouldnt be a 45 minute raid cooldown for GOIs, SCPs like 294 wouldnt be out and about for anyone to use and there would be permanent guards at most if not all SCPs,just to name a few unrealistic things. D-class should in theory know about 914,as it is a SCP that RSD can take them to,and when someone goes off the game they dont just dissapear from the facility,but would remain,therefore being able to share information. What is interesting is how many opose this,even tho the solution is simple: do LLCZ patrols. These are already in use by MTF and would fairly give D-class a small window of time to enter and use it.

Reactions: wojtekpolska

CourageousNico

Aug 11, 2023
-Support
-Unconstitutional I have the right to stand in or outside 914

SCPRP Holding: Executive Researcher, E-11 Lieutenant, IA/DEA Agent.
SCPRP Held: CI-B, DEA Senior Agent

MRP Holding: NATO 17thAR PFC

Last edited:

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
-Support

We all know that on US and UK, D Class beeline straight to 914, without gaining IC knowledge of it. E-11 has 914 as one of their POIs, so indeed just deal with it.

Eden "Ratchet" Snyder

Jul 12, 2022
patrol ≠ guard
Think of it this way: we have units stationed at both entrances to HCZ performing ID and hume checks. There's no other way to get in and therefore all SCPs in HCZ are guarded. The only time someone slips past is when we're understaffed or people have left their posts for trainings. 914 is the single most important SCP in LCZ and isn't protected by a checkpoint, so it's natural that we'd station someone near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.