Accepted Ranger Station Rework

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob "Gustav" Smith

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 28, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

I suggest some major changes to the ranger building in pinewood because of some critical flaws with it.

Ranger Station as it is now :

current design.png

Gameplay disadvantages of the current design :

- Rangers spawn in armory which is pretty much the main room of the building so it's really akward when we have to respawn during a raid.
- It's very cramped and the station gets disorganised whenever there's more than 4 rangers on duty.
- It sucks

My suggested design :

new design.png

New features : An interrogation room equipped with 2 chairs for.. ahem.. advanced interrogation techniques (severe beatings), a bigger spawn room with a projector for any events, and a separate bigger reception room! All the props of the previous design should be transfered over, aka the cabinets, corkboards, etc.

Advantages of the new design :

- There won't be any issues with PD raids because we spawn in a completely different room so we can follow CI / UN respawn while raiding rules which would work much better.
- The PD would be more easily navigable with a big hallway that connects the 4 main areas.
- It's awesome

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Nope.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

What I have listed above, and it would also improve the kinda dead surface rp.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

It would take like a few hours to make but in my opinion would be worth it. I don't think UN / DEA would complain about it because it's a pain in the ass for them too when things get dirty and they need to break in. Also, there should be a rule that there can't be any infobreach documents hidden in the spawn room so it's not the focus of a raid.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This would be a much needed change to the ranger roleplay loop, content team pls add.

Witch

Sep 22, 2023
+ Support

Also change their spawn so I can airstrike the station 👍

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
+Support

However, the level designers don't get paid a whole lot so most of the projects they complete are based on what they're feelin. I doubt this would come anytime soon.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support
Will be denied, but will at least help towards the hell of ranger station

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
That is a horrible layout, and only me or Freeze will do that

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
when the world needed him most
he returned
+Support
-UNGOC might actually be able to raid the PD now

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
+Support, but I really think there should be a PD ID card and keycard system to allow us to hack instead of using glitchy door charges

Status
Not open for further replies.