Accepted Regulate the Bounty System

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

I propose that the bounty system be regulated - I think it would be best for staff to decide on the exact regulations - my suggestions include:
  1. When a bounty on "Player" is completed, "Player" is removed from bounty list for a set amount of time - 15-30 minutes?
  2. Players can only place one bounty in a set time period - 30-60 mins?
  3. Bounties are timed - if the bounty isn't completed in a set period of time - 10-30 mins? - the bounty disappears from the board.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • No more bounty spam
  • Lessens the likelihood of people breaking NLR and placing bounties on people that wronged them in a past life - unfortunately bounties are a bit of a loophole with NLR right now. This wouldn't STOP the issue completely, but it prevents it from happening as often.
  • Prevents certain people/groups being targeted - i.e. PD/CGSF being bounty spammed by people they've killed (links to the previous point)
  • Bounty hunting might be more fun/competitive if bounties are timed.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

The only real negative I can predict after these changes would be a small decrease in bounties placed. This could be negated, perhaps by reducing the price of bounties? Players are keen to get their daily challenges done, so I don't think this will affect the popularity of the role at all. Bounty hunters should also be encouraged to advertise their services, as hitmen usually do.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Regulating the bounty system would prevent a lot of griefing and minging - a lot of players seem to be frustrated by how random and expolitable bounty hunting is. The suggestion also has the chance to enhance the role of bounty hunting - depending on how the staff decide to take this forward.

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
+Support

Overall, it's a great idea, it prevents bounty spam from even happening and constant bounties on players.

(1)MxShift

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
DarkRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 26, 2021
+support
-Will stopp the bounty spamming from happening

DarkXFast

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 28, 2020
+Support
Well thought suggestion. Would love to see these being implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.