Accepted Regulate the Bounty System

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

I propose that the bounty system be regulated - I think it would be best for staff to decide on the exact regulations - my suggestions include:
  1. When a bounty on "Player" is completed, "Player" is removed from bounty list for a set amount of time - 15-30 minutes?
  2. Players can only place one bounty in a set time period - 30-60 mins?
  3. Bounties are timed - if the bounty isn't completed in a set period of time - 10-30 mins? - the bounty disappears from the board.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • No more bounty spam
  • Lessens the likelihood of people breaking NLR and placing bounties on people that wronged them in a past life - unfortunately bounties are a bit of a loophole with NLR right now. This wouldn't STOP the issue completely, but it prevents it from happening as often.
  • Prevents certain people/groups being targeted - i.e. PD/CGSF being bounty spammed by people they've killed (links to the previous point)
  • Bounty hunting might be more fun/competitive if bounties are timed.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

The only real negative I can predict after these changes would be a small decrease in bounties placed. This could be negated, perhaps by reducing the price of bounties? Players are keen to get their daily challenges done, so I don't think this will affect the popularity of the role at all. Bounty hunters should also be encouraged to advertise their services, as hitmen usually do.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Regulating the bounty system would prevent a lot of griefing and minging - a lot of players seem to be frustrated by how random and expolitable bounty hunting is. The suggestion also has the chance to enhance the role of bounty hunting - depending on how the staff decide to take this forward.

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
+Support

Overall, it's a great idea, it prevents bounty spam from even happening and constant bounties on players.

Status
Not open for further replies.