Denied Remove Sniper jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove Sniper Rifles from Whitelists entirely
(Maybe replace them with DMRs + a viable primary weapon (ARX for low spread?))

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Didn’t find anything

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Nobody likes getting oneshot from a place you cant even see
- More balanced surface combat
-> More than 4 people will have fun on surface
- I hear complaints about sniper rifles on surface on a daily basis, would stop those

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- less realism
- no more sniping, which can sometimes be fun
- indirect buff for short ranged SCPs on surface
- indirect buff for juggernauts on surface
- indirect buff for Type Blue on surface

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Frankly, sniper jobs are only enjoyable for those who play them. Surface combat is completely dominated by those who play on marksman jobs and not a day goes by when I play CI or DEA that I don’t hear someone complain about snipers.
It simply isn’t a lot of fun to get sniped across half the map from some weird angle without much counterplay available, there just isn’t enough cover for that due to the nature of the map, an open wasteland.
I feel like not having snipers would make combat on surface far more enjoyable for the vast majority of players, aka those who aren’t on the marksman/field agent slots.

And in case anyone says this is a cope suggestion: I usually get preyy good K/Ds, Im not really coping because I die to them too much
From my experience most of the good sniper players agree that snipers are busted, which is why they still play on them.

EDIT:
A possible replacement could be giving them the SCAR-H, VKS or some other kind of DMR while also giving them a good primary weapon like the ARX which has low spread and is thus good for surface combat.
Alternatively, if you still want to keep snipers, you could nerf them heavily by reducing their magazine size to 1 or 2, making them more of a secondary weapon to open a fight or take out a priority target, before then having long reload time that allows for pushing toward the sniper’s location.

Last edited:

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
If anything super increase Barets dmg and make it AA that can be used against SCPs on surface.
Tbh just do it to all the snipers. Iirc the Barrett and svd each do 1% of damage per headshot to 323, buffing both to do 2-3% would make them some of the best AA in game only fought by the nerve gas. To balance this out you could slap the temp job block we find on classes like Brute, Scout, and Thaul.

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
As a member of Internal Affairs who doesn't go outside or touches grass, how can any of you confidently say you don't enjoy being one shotted by someone 200 yards away with no way to tell their location? No way to counter or avoid said event from transpiring? I say, cope.

In all seriousness, my time as GOI (albeit a bit brief, especially compared to someone like Shark or Wick who literally main DEA) I never enjoyed sniper combat, and it's sad that the only way to "counter" snipers is to pick one up yourself. It's extremely dull and frustrating.

I have to be honest, it sucks that we have to outright suggest to remove them instead of trying to balance it but it is what it is. Personally, I wouldn't mind if it was similar to battlefield one where there would be a reflection or glint for people to see and pinpoint the sniper's location easier but even then.. if you don't have a sniper how can you really combat it? Hiding just delays the inevitable haha.

Anyway, I'll give a slight +Support because my opinion here means a lot less given I don't usually deal with this issue often. I agree with the others.
There was a suggestion to add scope glints but it was denied on the grounds of being "unrealistic"

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
Need sniping dopamine
Limited slots mean there's only 2 CI marksmen or 4 foundation

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
There was a suggestion to add scope glints but it was denied on the grounds of being "unrealistic"

Even though it's literally a real thing

Status
Not open for further replies.