Denied [Rule Change] Limit disguised weapon usage.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion limits the type of weapons any disguised person can use whilst disguised, for example it is highly unrealistic and unfun to die against a plain clothed civilian that pulls a sniper out of thin air. Or a supposed chef that pulls an energy rifle from their pockets. Instead to balance the advantage of being disguised you should only be allowed to use lower class weapons such as pistols, SMGs and knives, like those currently given to most 'disguising' jobs excluding DEA. This change would not affect 914 disguises.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes disguised combat more realistic
Makes disguised combat more fun to play against
Makes disguised combat more challenging
Discourages bad MRDM RP for deep covers and DEA

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Makes disguised combat harder
Could cause balancing issues

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The current state of combat on surface is unfun and dragged out, meaning players from any faction feel inclined to stay in their base most of the time. This heavily restricts surface RP as well as causing a lot of burnout in surface roles. If this change was implemented it would be a step in the right direction to encouraging all factions to be active on the surface as well as potentially guiding CI away from pure RP disruption during deep cover raids.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+/- support
maybe have the MRP weapon hosting on the back of the person so you can see what they have?

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
+/- support
maybe have the MRP weapon hosting on the back of the person so you can see what they have?
Can't meta disguises from loadouts, that would probably extend to visible weapons as well.

Ismaaeel

Nov 12, 2022
- support how is it unrealistic to die from a disguised person with just a different weapon?

Reactions: L.Saint

Bobertio Bobertioson

Aug 9, 2022
Interesting idea

Needs clarification for ADB disguises, would assume same as 914
Type Blue/Thaum/Type Green weapon usage after body swap, also assuming falls under 914 rule

Another negative could be more constant sits on people arguing which weapons you can and can't use

Neutral but very interested in the concept mainly in how it affects surface combat

Reactions: L.Saint

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
Interesting idea

Needs clarification for ADB disguises, would assume same as 914
Type Blue/Thaum/Type Green weapon usage after body swap, also assuming falls under 914 rule

Another negative could be more constant sits on people arguing which weapons you can and can't use

Neutral but very interested in the concept mainly in how it affects surface combat
I leave the balancing and specifics to the people who are more experienced with it. My vision for it would just be All SMGs, all pistols and all knives are allowed. Also any anomalous disguise would be exempt.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
-

Dang, guess I can't unholster my energy rifle behind the enemy with a disguise on. Guess I'll have to take it off, then unholster it, which is apparently much more difficult to pull off!

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support
IC issue if a foundation chef pulls out a weapon, and considering that a civ could pick up a gun from one of many regular gunfights on surface I don't think it's too unresonable even if it's annoying

Reactions: MaliciousPacifism

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
After discussion with other members of SSL, we believe that this rule addition is not required regardless of the reasonings given by yourself to justify this rule being added.

Essentially, it's just a different weapon whilst disguised. Limiting weaponry due to a disguise does not make sense, and or would be extremely hard to regulate.​

Status
Not open for further replies.