Denied SCP Hack Cooldown

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
Makes it where there is a cooldown timer on hacking out an SCP. Time is up to content team. But this would make it where if, for example 8837 got hacked out, he wouldn't be able to be hacked out by players for x time (035/079 would be able to since thats how they both work). This would also make it so CI would actually have to pick different scps to hack out, keeping foundation on its toes on which scp CI would breach. [Please note this just could be a US side issue, I dont know how breaches are on the UK server]
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Not that I have seen
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)

1. No massive back to back breaches (3 breaches happened the day of writing this all back to back, all got to surface)
2. We can actually go do other things instead of focusing on a breach, if we're meant to rp, its hard to when theres a constant C5
3. SOP or SC wouldn't have to pay back for scps that often

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
1. CI would get annoyed that they wouldn't be able to hack out the same scp
2. d-class might get mad they cant hack out scps early morning

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
It would let people actually rp and have a good time instead of having to focus on breach rp or go to surface to deal with scps that got to surface.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
1. If CI's entire raid is based on breaching a single SCP, that's kinda a shitty raid reason, and holding off in a CC is insanely easy as almost all of them have a choke point. So basically just kill the first wave that pushes through then rush out and kill the stragglers.
As UK E-11 Commander I can tell you CI on UK don't just raid for one SCP they go to one first then when that is hacked out move on ect
3. I've never seen CI who's about to breach a SCP stop and say "Now hold on. Let's negotiate this." It just don't happen.
This is entirely US CI on UK CI will be one away from breaching and negotiate safe passage ect
4. It's a RP server. Sure, there's alot more combat than RP and it's more combat focused, but it's not meant to be breach simulator 2023. I hate to be this way but, big woop you can't cause another mass breach within 10 minutes of one being contained. It just gets obnoxious when you can and no one enjoys it say for the CI and SCP (who tend to be CI that died during the raid).
Raiding fridges would become redundant if it were implemented. The higherups would just store all chems in their inventory to avoid it being stolen. SL should speak to the CI on the US server and get them to sort it out no point in making it so there is a cooldown on hacking SCPs out.

Reactions: Niox

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
1. If CI's entire raid is based on breaching a single SCP, that's kinda a shitty raid reason, and holding off in a CC is insanely easy as almost all of them have a choke point. So basically just kill the first wave that pushes through then rush out and kill the stragglers.

2. With the new rule enforcement (D-Class cannot use 914 without IC knowing of it) D-Class breaching SCPs isn't gonna be happening as much. (There's no 914 doc on SCPNET at this time on US)

3. I've never seen CI who's about to breach a SCP stop and say "Now hold on. Let's negotiate this." It just don't happen.

4. It's a RP server. Sure, there's alot more combat than RP and it's more combat focused, but it's not meant to be breach simulator 2023. I hate to be this way but, big woop you can't cause another mass breach within 10 minutes of one being contained. It just gets obnoxious when you can and no one enjoys it say for the CI and SCP (who tend to be CI that died during the raid).

Overall CI does NEED some other stuff to raid for (maybe chemical fridge raids? They can steal 10L out of a fridge? Places like Research Sector have those fridges full of chemicals.) but that's up to the CI leads to get together and discuss for suggestions rather than being deadset on breaching for the 10th time. I've heard CI say "We want more to do" but I never see threads discussing stuff for CI to do, if I did I'd 100% be on board for it.
1, 3:
this is a matter of server content for CI, it's the sad reality this is what CI can mainly do in the facility (on UK we're tryna change that) and on the UK server we've held SCP 079s chamber, reactors, and much more with the threat of hacking them unless demands are met. Seems like a US issue to me :/
2: Doesn't change what I said at all
4:
1700772332048.png
(also, I've tried fridge raids in the past - all of the research fridges were COMPLETELY EMPTY since I doubt anyone would want 2 litres of Class F sitting in a fridge they know can be raided)

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
As UK E-11 Commander I can tell you CI on UK don't just raid for one SCP they go to one first then when that is hacked out move on ect
The US they breach one SCP, then move and breach another, and another, then move on. It's possible because during a raid any CI that die are told to swap onto a SCP. So they will clear all the way to another SCP and magically miss all the CI. There's been multiple times a CI main SCP will just ignore the CI all together, and the CI won't report it for teaming. (1. Because it benefits them. 2. Because making a report midraid will screw them over) Leading to CI having basically a god teir body guard. It's why we see them target SCPs like 076, 8837, and 7722, then if they can breach 035 by fear rping a guy dealing with the breach. (Who can then breach 096) Making a hacking cooldown will at least make them breach things other than those 3/4.

This is entirely US CI on UK CI will be one away from breaching and negotiate safe passage ect
That's good to hear the UK CI actually RP. But US isn't. The US CI are just D-Class that spawn with guns anymore.

2: Doesn't change what I said at all
-support
if a D-class hacked an SCP out without CI knowing an entire raid would be completely ruined (and the objective would need to be changed on the spot)
This ain't you? With 914 being basically a no go for D-Class now, they won't be hacking out SCPs. Meaning what you said is a rare if at all issue.

CI when you tell them they're not a main point of the server.

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
I disagree here completely, and here's why;

2. With the new rule enforcement (D-Class cannot use 914 without IC knowing of it) D-Class breaching SCPs isn't gonna be happening as much. (There's no 914 doc on SCPNET at this time on US)

Overall CI does NEED some other stuff to raid for (maybe chemical fridge raids? They can steal 10L out of a fridge? Places like Research Sector have those fridges full of chemicals.) but that's up to the CI leads to get together and discuss for suggestions rather than being deadset on breaching for the 10th time. I've heard CI say "We want more to do" but I never see threads discussing stuff for CI to do, if I did I'd 100% be on board for it.
Majorly agree (Appart from chem raids, as I don't wanna lose my shit because CI decided to raid a cl4 fridge

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Majorly agree (Appart from chem raids, as I don't wanna lose my shit because CI decided to raid a cl4 fridge
Yeah the fridge stuff was off the top of my head. Honestly just anything else to raid for would be nice, but CI is such a basic group they don't have much in lore they could do.

I guess maybe SCP kidnapping? Instead of just hacking to breach they could hack to sedate (make beamable/force set to 1%?) or make a SCP able to be temporarily/weakly given a class F or something that makes them head to CI base with that being their only goal till completed (only killing those in the way, running straight through teslas if CI didn't disable it) then make it where they can "sell" (basically F2) a SCP to the highest bidder (a rng showing a random number of rewards/gains being pure money or money/weapons like freedom srs or exclusive weapons to this system they can choose from) (or just link it to the current quest system). I think that'd be a semi lore friendly way to give CI more stuff to do. (They are basically guns for hire who sell scps to warlords)

But that discussion is kinda off topic. Honestly we should have a suggestion brainstorming area.. do we have that?

TripTrap

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jack Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this suggestion, we concluded that considering how limited SCP breaches are already, implementing this feature would be unnecessary and may also be seen as unfair for part of the player base.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.