Denied Skullbreaker upcming nerf

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrwhite

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
the upcoming change For skullbreaker

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
For such a hard grind getting 180 hp and 230 armor is horrible so it gives the job something special( i get 175 hp and 200 armor as a marauder)
people will not go down the criminal tree to get 5 extra hp and 20 extra armor as a job that is so hard to get.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
can't think of any

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
for such a hard grind to a high end job, getting 180 hp is simply not it. I as a marauder spawn with 200 armor and 175 HP and and giving 5 hp and 50 armor to a job which took my days to grind to is just simply a bummer.
the suggestion i want to give is to remove m249 para from skullbreaker and let him have the hp he currently has.
skullbreaker is not unkillable and btw every PD raid i do or even normal crimes i commit i get combat tazed anyway.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
-REP

I agree the upcoming nerf is a kick to the jaw for people like me who are actively trying to grind for the job as well as you who actually have achieved the task.
However, the suggestion you propose of removing the m249 and keeping the active HP isn't the way I would change this planned change.

Reactions: genoss

Mrwhite

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020
-REP

I agree the upcoming nerf is a kick to the jaw for people like me who are actively trying to grind for the job as well as you who actually have achieved the task.
However, the suggestion you propose of removing the m249 and keeping the active HP isn't the way I would change this planned change.
well what is your suggestion cause i see no other way to balance this out

mwah

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 1, 2021
as someone who is like level 15 and will probably never unlock skullbreaker this nerf is completely unreasonable you have to do like a month of genuine slave labour on contracts to unlock it and now its barely beating out marauder. laughable really

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
I won't leave a final verdict yet, but do you have any reasoning on why we should allow for such ridiculous hp/armor; other than because you have grinded for it? We cannot make decisions on that basis as we need to evaluate the health of the whole server and overall balance.

This would still be the strongest job on the server, stronger than the CGSF Breacher, and it spawns with the M249 Para (50k weapon). I feel like this suggestion stems from how HP used to be when it was very high for a wide range of jobs. Now, the new hp/armor is based on the current balance of the server.

genoss

May 15, 2023
wait till you see the pd tree and you will know what is a bummer

Mrwhite

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020
I won't leave a final verdict yet, but do you have any reasoning on why we should allow for such ridiculous hp/armor; other than because you have grinded for it? We cannot make decisions on that basis as we need to evaluate the health of the whole server and overall balance.

This would still be the strongest job on the server, stronger than the CGSF Breacher, and it spawns with the M249 Para (50k weapon). I feel like this suggestion stems from how HP used to be when it was very high for a wide range of jobs. Now, the new hp/armor is based on the current balance of the server.
i agree with the m249 part and as mentioned in the post removing the gun from the job can be a good decision but skullbreaker is a high end job which takes ages to unlock and not many people will unlock it anyway.
today i have played a lot with skullbreaker and i've come to realize that the job isn't OP at all and its very possible to kill him and i have died many times to marauders and CGSF's and especially in gang wars when 2 people shoot at you at the same time there is no possible way for me to survive it.
and again as mentioned the amount of times i've been combat taezd as a skullbreaker is not count able at this point which is another really ez way to kill or arrest a skullbreaker.
and tbf there is no other reason other than the long grinding for you to not change the job's HP because it takes a lot of time and it takes a lot of effort to wake up everyday and do the contracts one by one which takes atleast 2 hour to finish daily.
P.S fiski has been farming XP as a HOBO which gives 50 xp per garbage (which is nothing) just to get to the job . the only reason you to not nerf skullbreaker is 1 answer and that's the grinding part we do.
even becoming a CGSF doesn't require the amount of effort you must put in order to unlock cgsf .
the job should be special because not only me but many people are grinding for it and 180 hp is not the answer for their grind

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
The whole point of darkrp is if you grind you get a competitive advantage so I think skullbreaker being a tank is fine. Especially when you consider a gang can only have one vs potentially 1 cgsf breacher 2 snipers 2 captains 2 commanders.

I would say a fair balance for skullbreak is to have it inline with the CGSF breacher in terms of HP and armor but remove the gun so then people with skullbreaker will have to buy guns so they lose money when they die ect. The bigggest issue now is that on spawn as a skullbreacher you are at full force with a 50k gun on you

Being combat tazed is dumb can you please add back the rule against it already...

royalty

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
something should be overpowered if it takes so long to grind to. only a handful of people will have it.

Erick

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 22, 2020
Seeing how the meta has shifted into a more quick pace combat (low armor limit & hp limit) I totally agree that SkullBreaker is just simply too OP, even if the grind to get it were to be long it still doesn't balance out the fact it has ridiculous amount of Armor & HP, even compared to CGSF Breacher (which is a job for the very few and requires you to be competent and be active weekly to maintain your rank).

as mentioned the amount of times i've been combat taezd as a skullbreaker is not count able at this point which is another really ez way to kill or arrest a skullbreaker.
Being combat tazed is dumb can you please add back the rule against it already...

Have you tried moving left and right to dodge it..? Or being in a party..?
It's literally hit or miss and even then it's still unadvised to combat taze seeing how it's 99% of the times you either hit someone and get killed by another person in the process or miss and die miserably, It's too unreliable to combat taze and having an extra rule stating you can't is dumb.

Last edited:

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
Seeing how the meta has shifted into a more quick pace combat (low armor limit & hp limit) I totally agree that SkullBreaker is just simply too OP, even if the grind to get it were to be long it still doesn't balance out the fact it has ridiculous amount of Armor & HP, even compared to CGSF Breacher (which is a job for the very few and requires you to be competent and be active weekly to maintain your rank).

It's literally hit or miss and even then it's still unadvised to combat taze seeing how it's 99% of the times you either hit someone and get killed by another person in the process or miss and die miserably, It's too unreliable to combat taze and having an extra rule stating you can't is dumb.
In response to combat tazing read my response to this thread https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/make-combat-tasing-against-the-rules.18068/

That's my position on combat tazing and I think its a well laid out and logical argument against it.

Mrwhite

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020

CGSF Breacher is not going to be alone in fights with probably 2 more CGSF and lets say 1 juggernaut and 5 more police officers and even the skullbreaker had 6 other gang member doing a PD raid with him its more than likely for them crims side of the fight to lose

Have i tried moving left and right to dodge it? many times but out of 5 tazers one of them is going to hit you right?
or being in a party? after the SB is tazed do you really think 6 people with 150 hp and 100 armor(which noone really goes 150 hp anyway) have a chance againt's the PD ?

im only imagining a PD raid situation here because Skullbreakers cannot base anyway and the only use for them are normal raids and For me its PD raids. i have tried many times to Raid the PD with more than 5 people in my team and in all of them i was simply the first one to die because the PD members have brain and try to taze you and in many situations i have seen Police offiecrs try to taze me , miss the tazer and run back to reload so they can try again. your point about dodging the tazers is simply false because you cannot dodge all of them.

i don't have anything about combat tazing anyway , do it if you want to but nerfing skullbreaker is what im making a suggestion for and i see no point in doing so other than removing the m249 from the job because the job is something that only a handful of players are going to get it and killing a skullbreaker is simply not hard.

Last edited:

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Mrwhite

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We have decided to deny this suggestion. This is because even after the nerf the Skullbreaker will still be the best job in the game, on all fronts, and considering it *has* to work with a gang, this means that it will be with a gang always - which must be taken into consideration. I see no convincing argument on why it should be kept anywhere close to its values currently.

This will now be locked, moved, and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.